The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe

On 4/1/2022 at 8:23 AM, CaptainJeff87 said:

Can't wait to play this one but let's hope they don't include the five year or speedrun trophy/achievement 

There is also one for leaving the game running for an entire day on Tue but I'm assuming you'd be able to leave the game suspended in rest mode because there is no way someone will let their console run for 24 hours

I left my PS4 on overnight for weeks to get an idle trophy in Birthdays: The Beginning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2022 at 8:23 PM, CaptainJeff87 said:

There is also one for leaving the game running for an entire day on Tue but I'm assuming you'd be able to leave the game suspended in rest mode because there is no way someone will let their console run for 24 hours

Why not? It's not like your electricity bill will spike just because of that, and if properly ventilated there's no issue with the console getting damaged.

When I did this on Steam I just left my laptop on with a key permanently pressed in order to keep the game running uninterrupted, went to sleep and closed the game the next day once the achievement popped. It'll be a pretty painless (if silly) trophy if they repeat it.

• Like 1

The achievement list for XBox is out.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n49443/the-stanley-parable-ultra-deluxe-xbox-achievements

Pretty safe to assume the trophy list will be very similar if not the exact same.

The achievements are mostly the same as those in the original game, with a couple differences. Looking forward to someone trying to get "Super Go Outside" the 'legit' way...

On 20.4.2022 at 1:28 PM, FawltyPowers said:

If the Stanley Parable Wiki is correct you can just amend your system clock to get the Go Outside - 5 year achievement

Literal time dependent trophies are irrelevant and unhealthy and shouldn't be present in games.

It's like they read your comment and put a "Don't play the game for 10 years" in it ?? Seriously tho, what are they thinking? I never played this game onl watched some lets plays but trophies like that are just stupid. But I will never let a trophy destroy my experience with a game. If I can't get this trophy without changing the ps4/ps5 clock. Idc tbh, still an interesting game. 

Wow there is an achievment for playing it an entire day? How stupid. Can't they come up with unlock every ending or something like that?

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

19 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

It's like they read your comment and put a "Don't play the game for 10 years" in it 1f602.png1f602.png Seriously tho, what are they thinking? I never played this game onl watched some lets plays but trophies like that are just stupid. But I will never let a trophy destroy my experience with a game. If I can't get this trophy without changing the ps4/ps5 clock. Idc tbh, still an interesting game. 

Wow there is an achievment for playing it an entire day? How stupid. Can't they come up with unlock every ending or something like that?

The devs are obviously just poking fun at achievements for the hell of it. How that isn't clear to you after reading the list is beyond me, but maybe this will drive the point home?

The game's hilarious and highly entertaining so it's not like the player needs any extrinsic motivation to explore and seek out all endings - I certainly did every last one of them, anyway. The achievements are just another joke thrown in.

On 02/04/2022 at 5:23 AM, CaptainJeff87 said:

Can't wait to play this one but let's hope they don't include the five year or speedrun trophy/achievement 

I've done it numerous times

On 3/30/2022 at 5:30 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

I like how this developer released one game nine years ago, disappeared off the face of the earth, and then decided it was time to make more money and decided to rerelease the same game again.

Still, it's a good game, and it's been long enough I wouldn't mind replaying it.

They have released other games since the original version of The Stanley Parable, so I'm not sure "disappeared off the face of the earth" is an accurate description of how they've spent the intervening years. :lol:

2 hours ago, Umdytr said:

The achievement list for XBox is out.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n49443/the-stanley-parable-ultra-deluxe-xbox-achievements

Pretty safe to assume the trophy list will be very similar if not the exact same.

The achievements are mostly the same as those in the original game, with a couple differences. Looking forward to someone trying to get "Super Go Outside" the 'legit' way...

Based on the achievement list, it makes me wonder if there won't be a Platinum, which would be a bummer. If there is a Platinum, it needs to be a clever name or description.

16 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I'm interested in this game but no way I'm leaving my console on or in sleep mode for a whole day. They should rather change that trophy for playing 24 cumulative hours of a Tuesday instead of 24 straight hours.

Same. I’ve always wanted to play this, but never got around to it on PC. But unless by pure accident (has happened exactly once, and it was in rest mode), I don’t leave my PS4 on overnight/let it idle for several hours. Same with my other consoles and my gaming PC. Seems bad for the systems. 

If they include a “five year” trophy, I’ll try to get that one legitimately though, because that’s hilarious, IMO. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

I'm interested in this game but no way I'm leaving my console on or in sleep mode for a whole day. They should rather change that trophy for playing 24 cumulative hours of a Tuesday instead of 24 straight hours.

They had this one in the original PC release and you could cheese it in the same way as the five year/ten year achievements by changing the system clock.

If you don't want to, you probably won't have to

3 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

They have released other games since the original version of The Stanley Parable, so I'm not sure "disappeared off the face of the earth" is an accurate description of how they've spent the intervening years. :lol:

Ah, see I was going off of the Steam page but it seems they've done work individually / with other teams that wasn't included under the Galactic Cafe developer.

Although given that they don't seem to have worked on any other games together, if one was particularly petty they could argue that this particular developer, as a unit, had not made any other games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

The fact that people are complaining about the trophies asking them to change them shows how nail on the head they are with them. Rather than care about the game itself, there's way too much care put into meta-rewards that don't have any intrinsic value or necessarily even relate to the content of the game. In other words, if it seems dumb, don't do it. You'll live. It's part of what makes Stanley Parable Stanley Parable.

It's a shame that they do not have a trophy associated with the art ending or the "impossible" achievement. The former would've garnered so many complaints, but now people will just omit it completely because there's no "reward" for doing it.

(Doing 10 years trophy legitimately has so many more interesting implications than changing the clock to cheat it as well. But alas, instant gratification for achieving nothing triumphs.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herbalistiikka said:

It's a shame that they do not have a trophy associated with the art ending or the "impossible" achievement. The former would've garnered so many complaints, but now people will just omit it completely because there's no "reward" for doing it.

I remember doing the Art Ending by hand while I was watching movies - fun times going along with that insanity. Trophy hunters would absolutely lose their minds though, especially on a console with no chance of using macros.

The original game had so much amazing content not linked to achievements in any way whatsoever, and the new content is apparently sizeable enough that its script is bigger than the original game's. Can't wait.

7 hours ago, Umdytr said:

The devs are obviously just poking fun at achievements for the hell of it. How that isn't clear to you after reading the list is beyond me, but maybe this will drive the point home?

The game's hilarious and highly entertaining so it's not like the player needs any extrinsic motivation to explore and seek out all endings - I certainly did every last one of them, anyway. The achievements are just another joke thrown in.

I believe you misunderstood me. Yeah I know and it was just for trophy itself which is stupid imo and I would never do that for a trophy but anyway I watched the "Art Ending" which you have mentioned and it's funny af ?? It's not a day one purchase for me but definitely in the near future and I can't wait and see how many endings I will see/unlock.