MVP Online Trophy

Tention-_-

5 minutes ago, Tention-_- said:

anyone got any tips for this trophy? its driving me mad. Is horse race the way to go?

Hello,

I personally did it with horse races, with the ones that requires to go through checkpoints around a city in the order you want.

Horse races are the best way to get this trophy as winning a horse race guarantees you get MVP. Trying to get MVP through PvP is probably pointless because MVP is generally not awarded to the best person on the team (eg person with the most kills may not get MVP whereas someone with just a couple of kills can get it). The easiest horse races to win are the open races since everybody goes a different route unlike point to point or circuit races where everybody is following the same path and it generally turns to chaos with people more interested in killing each other.

This can be boosted.

If 4 to 8 players login at one time, then a Series Showdown is started, you can invite players to the session. 

Though not private session, it is the closest possible. Even if there are 2 or 3 other players, the 4-8 players can play among each other to boost. 

I will be starting a session on Friday evening UK time! Please join! 

Edited by Eshaal

If you are trying the open races, try to plan how you go through the checkpoints. Pushing down on the d-pad let's you see the map better and it helps planning the route. Collect the barrels that give you more stamina. Sometimes you get unlucky and someone hits you with their horse but try to avoid other people. Don't bother shooting anyone and luckily there is no auto aim in this mode so you rarely get shot by others. The free Arabian horse obviously helps a lot.

EASY WAY TO GET MVP: Please read full. No boosting required with friends.

I've gotten MVP about 40-50 times between team games and FFA games in showdown series. I run with 2 friends and we do the 16-people lobby since there are less randoms on our team. From my experience: 80-85% of the time, the "correct" person gets MVP.

I noticed sometimes the person who "should be" the MVP doesnt get MVP. There were quite a few games where I should have been MVP and didnt get it and a few games where another person should have been but I got it. In "name your weapon", it is usually the guy with the most kills that get MVP, not the guy with the most points (even though tomahawk kills are worth 6 and repeater kills are worth 1). But at least you can see a reasoning why the person got the MVP even though you may disagree with the reasoning.

In hostile territories, I noticed sometimes a really shitty player gets MVP for no reason (not the most kills or captures so you cant see the reasoning). As I play more and more, I noticed in some 4-teams or 8-teams hostile territory games, I would need to try to hold down and defend a flag by myself for an entire game since multiple teams are coming at me. By the end of the game, I got the MVP even though I did not get the most kills (maybe 3rd most or 4th most) and not the most captures (only capped 1 position and defended it) whereas teammates capped 3-4 or other enemy players capped 3-4 positions.

So as it turns out - in hostile territories, you can get the MVP by holding down a position for the most amount of time within the position as long as your team holds the position even if there are enemies contesting it, as long as you are not dead - they cant cap it until they kill you and during that time, it still counts as holding a position (cant be defending it from far away, you character has to be in the circle of the position). Your team is NOT REQUIRED to win the game. Your team can lose and you can still get MVP.

I tried this out with a friend cuz he needed 1 more MVP and he is always a "middle-of-the-pack" player or ""upper-middle" player in FFA and I always score higher in both FFA and team games. But I told him to just stay on the flag and defend it and he got the last MVP he needed.

In short: if you are really struggling - wait for hostile territories mode whether its 2-teams or 4 teams or 8 teams in a 16 player lobby (easiest if its 2 teams) and just cap a position near your spawn at the start of the game and try to stay there for the entire game - you arent exactly helping the team at all since sometimes you dont even need to defend it (especially if there are only 2 teams). But its a way to get the MVP easily and YOU DON'T NEED FRIENDS to boost this with.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui said:

So as it turns out - in hostile territories, you can get the MVP by holding down a position for the most amount of time within the position as long as your team holds the position even if there are enemies contesting it, as long as you are not dead - they cant cap it until they kill you and during that time, it still counts as holding a position (cant be defending it from far away, you character has to be in the circle of the position). Your team is NOT REQUIRED to win the game. Your team can lose and you can still get MVP.

I got 1 of my 3 MVPs from hostile territory (Oil Fields). Basically this. My team capped the one point with the Wooden water tower looking thing...I was up there defending/sniping people as they came close. I think my K:D ratio was 7:2 or 7:3...only had 1 capture (that point). I think my team did win this one though.

My other 2 came from Most Wanted matches...if you're a decent/above average shot...this may be the way to go. Varmint Rifle and kind of hover near the top score until late, then get a few quick kills to leap frog the top spot. Both mine came when I got 2 or 3 kills within the last 45 seconds to take the lead.

18 minutes ago, Khain24 said:

I got 1 of my 3 MVPs from hostile territory (Oil Fields). Basically this. My team capped the one point with the Wooden water tower looking thing...I was up there defending/sniping people as they came close. I think my K:D ratio was 7:2 or 7:3...only had 1 capture (that point). I think my team did win this one though.

My other 2 came from Most Wanted matches...if you're a decent/above average shot...this may be the way to go. Varmint Rifle and kind of hover near the top score until late, then get a few quick kills to leap frog the top spot. Both mine came when I got 2 or 3 kills within the last 45 seconds to take the lead.

Yup I know that map well. Position "D" in heartland oil fields... Snipe up there with a bolt action rifle and enemies cant get to you unless they climb up - which you can easily shotgun them while they are still in the climbing animation... and they cant cap the flag either, pretty easy to go 10-0 or 15-1 depending on how many ppl come at you... That map is always a 4-team hostile territories (never 2 or 8 teams)

1 hour ago, QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui said:

-

-

Well, thanks for explaining, I always wondered how some people got MVP, even though someone else had more Kills and Captures and better K/D.

• Like 1