The Grand Tour Game Trophy Thoughts?

MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, RHD89 said:

I really like this game, really enjoyable. Anyone know a faster way to grind the wins and power ups trophies? These are the only ones left for me as of what possible to achieve right now.

Here is a video to help you out, just make sure you finish race for power ups to register.

As for wins just do first race pick the Rimac and put the AI in slower cars and you can get the race done in around 44 seconds, you might be able to to race solo but no point in trying as it's so easy to beat AI anyway.

Hope this helps you out.

Edited by ZACHSP8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RHD89 said:

I really like this game, really enjoyable. Anyone know a faster way to grind the wins and power ups trophies? These are the only ones left for me as of what possible to achieve right now.

I'd leave the grind for the end. There'll still be more episodes (and races to complete) to come, you might as well get those trophies naturally during the course of 3rd season, or at least get very close to achieving them. No need to force the grind right at the beginning.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ZACHSP8 said:

Here is a video to help you out, just make sure you finish race for power ups to register.

As for wins just do first race pick the Rimac and put the AI in slower cars and you can get the race done in around 44 seconds, you might be able to to race solo but no point in trying as it's so easy to beat AI anyway.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks mate, it worked, now all I have left is the winning for each driver, which I believe it’s better to just grind it out later when all episodes are out. 

Thanks again

That one took me a few attempts, been ragdolled like crazy by the AI a bunch of times. Just try to get ahead early and learn the road. You can take pretty much all of it flat out once you know where the bends are. Stick with it and it will come with ease.

8 hours ago, NutellaOrgies said:

I'm actually excited about this. I've seen clips from past episodes but never actually seen the show itself. This seemed pretty Innovative too, actual episodes turning into gameplay.

That's one way for the show to gain new viewers ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bennett316Spurs said:

Struggling big time on scene 8. Managed to get gold on every event bar 8. 

McLaren has flipped over barrier and even done a 360 spin gets 160 metres behind me but closed the distance to 46 lol 

The game has really bad rubber band A.I. both ways so I got it by just hanging back a fair bit until the final stretch.  The orangutan practically came to complete stop to let me catch up and by the time he got back up to speed I was well over 50 meters ahead crossing the line. 

3 hours ago, marc_dura said:

In what episode of season 2 have you got the trophy to go over 305km / h with the Rimac?

Scene 5 is the easiest.  Pick Hammond and then off the start hang back a bit and collect one of the first power ups where you will want to get the more horsepower one which is why you want to hang back since if you are leading you will likely get the slippery one.  Restart if you get texting or something else.  Right after those first power ups is a fairly long straight through the tunnel where you will want to gather a bit of speed first and then use the more horsepower power up.  If you use it too soon it will be used up before you hit the speed and from my experience without the power up the Rimac hits a top speed just under the requirement.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GAZDAN said:

Lose, I got it for coming last in season 1, episode 1, scene 8. 

Lol, that's what happens when you let that trio name stuff ? 

Seriously, several of those names really lead me to believe that they were the ones that came up with the trophy names.. 

Just surprised that there's no Rimac crash trophy.. Or that wasn't in Episode 1 of season 2? I forgot, but it was quite a big thing. (well big enough for them to keep bringing it up to "joke" with Richard for most of the season..). 

I didn't started it yet, but kind of wish that they add the full first and second seasons to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jninja79 said:

@Han_the_Dragon The trophy for finishing series 2 ep 1 is a picture of a helicopter with a medic symbol on the side, and the crash is mentioned in the video after the last playable part of the ep.

Ok, so it was in Episode 1 after all (it's been a while since I watched it). 

I didn't paid to much attention to the trophy list images.. But that makes sense as a reference to that accident. 

Edit:

After looking at the trophy list again, ya, the trophy icon as well as the name for both the Rimac and season 2 episode 1 clear are really references to it. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

@ElliotSmithy It definitely has its difficulty spikes. I struggled on the drifting one in season 1 for a little while, and then had issues with the rimac speed one that one was the hardest one for me so far. I had to replay most of the scenes at least once to get my gold medal on it but those two specifically took me a fair few attempts to complete. 

• Like 1

Watch out folks, I think "A King On His Throne" might be missable.

I got gold on every challenge for all the available episodes so far, and then went back to get a toilet rating. I got one, and then finished the episode, but the game remembered my original Gold finish. The trophy did not pop.

If you finish the whole game, including Season 3 episodes with all gold, you might not be able to go back and get a toilet rating.

MAKE SURE TO GET A TOILET RATING AS YOUR FIRST MEDAL FOR AT LEAST ONE CHALLENGE

Let me know if this is just an anomaly, and you were able to unlock it after already getting gold.