Arcesius' Pursuit of Completion

Arcesius

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

"What, two reviews in one week?" Shut up and read! 1f61c.png

Damn that's some serious character development ? NICE! loving them reviews! Neon Abyss looks like an awesome game with a painful platinum.

Also your Warhammer images aren't showing :( I just see a "image missing" screen for all 4 of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Damn that's some serious character development 1f602.png NICE! loving them reviews! Neon Abyss looks like an awesome game with a painful platinum.

Also your Warhammer images aren't showing :( I just see a "image missing" screen for all 4 of them.

It was a good time, but yeah the grind left a bit of a sour taste... Stylish for sure!

Hmm, I replaced the images now.. Are they showing?

• Like 1

Just now, Arcesius said:

It was a good time, but yeah the grind left a bit of a sour taste... Stylish for sure!

Hmm, I replaced the images now.. Are they showing?

Yup, they are showing now! Although i have no idea what those things are xD 

Gotta read that review AGAIN! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Alright guys, I finished Risk of Rain 2 and 10 Second Ninja X... With those games, it's again back to 4 reviews pending! On the bright side, I'm currently playing some games that will definitely take a bit longer to complete, so I think I'll manage to catch up this time :)

I found 10 Second Ninja X thrilling. Fun little indie game. Marathoning a series of quick levels and getting X Rank did take a while though.

• Like 1

Yey BROFORCE! I can only imagine how stupid fun that game is with friends. I played it solo with my girlfriend laughing in the background at the stupidity of the game (and my own stupidity when dying from absurd situations), worth every moment.

Ironbro was also fun because you had to tone down the madness and actually use your head.

10 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Oh, but before we get there... You know that I don't care about platinums but instead about 100% completed games... I don't know how to enumerate games to reflect that though, since DLC can mess up with those numbers... If you have ideas, please let me know! Would appreciate it :) 

The way I number them is : 

If it's got a platinum + DLC mandatory - I give it the :platinum: counter. e.g. :platinum: No. 100

If it's only a 100% - I give it the ? counter . E.g ? No. 22

Efficient? Hell no, but it works for the most part xD 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Copanele said:

The way I number them is : 

If it's got a platinum + DLC mandatory - I give it the :platinum: counter. e.g. :platinum: No. 100

If it's only a 100% - I give it the 1f4af.png counter . E.g 1f4af.png No. 22

Efficient? Hell no, but it works for the most part xD 

Meh, don't need efficiency here ? But yeah that's what I'm doing currently... I don't like it though, it puts an emphasis on the Platinum trophy that I'd like to avoid. Like Broforce, I have it now as complete-icon.png #13 - Broforce since it's my 13th completed game without a plat, but it is actually my 94th completed game. 

Obviously I could just enumerate them like that. The problem then is just that if I complete, say Game X as my 90th game, and then DLC comes out... well, too much thinking for something as silly and unimportant as the order of completion ?

Just now, Arcesius said:

Meh, don't need efficiency here ? But yeah that's what I'm doing currently... I don't like it though, it puts an emphasis on the Platinum trophy that I'd like to avoid. Like Broforce, I have it now as complete-icon.png #13 - Broforce since it's my 13th completed game without a plat, but it is actually my 94th completed game. 

Obviously I could just enumerate them like that. The problem then is just that if I complete, say Game X as my 90th game, and then DLC comes out... well, too much thinking for something as silly and unimportant as the order of completion ?

You can either consider the position the game is in when you finish it the first time and not care about re-completing it if a DLC comes out, or you can adjust the order accordingly every time, up to you. Personally I'd go with the former.

You're gonna have some trouble with past games and dates, FFXV especially if you completed every DLC as soon as they were available. ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Meh, don't need efficiency here 1f604.png But yeah that's what I'm doing currently... I don't like it though, it puts an emphasis on the Platinum trophy that I'd like to avoid. Like Broforce, I have it now as complete-icon.png #13 - Broforce since it's my 13th completed game without a plat, but it is actually my 94th completed game. 

Obviously I could just enumerate them like that. The problem then is just that if I complete, say Game X as my 90th game, and then DLC comes out... well, too much thinking for something as silly and unimportant as the order of completion 1f602.png

Or you add "plus DLC X" to the base number: e.g.  complete-icon.png#13 plus DLC 2 for a 2nd DLC.

Edited by Rally-Vincent---
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mori said:

The pictures dont work again. :(

Also, I completely forgot to mention to you guys, you can fast forward cutscenes by pressing R2... found that out at the devil fight... :D

Man those pictures... Fixed them now (hopefully). 

Also, dude ? Such an important piece of information withheld from us! ?

9 minutes ago, KN_Kirai said:

You can either consider the position the game is in when you finish it the first time and not care about re-completing it if a DLC comes out, or you can adjust the order accordingly every time, up to you. Personally I'd go with the former.

You're gonna have some trouble with past games and dates, FFXV especially if you completed every DLC as soon as they were available. ?

Yeah I was thinking about doing it like that... I mean, I also usually don't write another review after going back to a game for new DLC, so I guess it would be a good option... But yeah, I don't wanna go through my trophy log just to figure the correct order for all of the games ? Dunno about FFXV, I think I left Comrades uncomplete until they announced the server shutdown for example... 

2 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Or you add "plus DLC X" to the base number: e.g.  complete-icon.png#13 plus DLC 2 for a 2nd DLC.

Hmm so you mean I enumerate the base-game completion of all games regardless of whether they have a plat or not, and denote in addition the number of completed DLCs? 

This... might actually be worth considering... ? Thanks! 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2021 at 9:59 AM, Arcesius said:

Despite the frustration at times, the next session could not come soon enough. I was always looking forward to the next session even knowing that I would have to sacrifice sleep (yeah, ending a session at 3 AM having a small child at home is not necessarily the best idea…) and would spend my next day as a zombie. I kept reading and watching tips on mechanics the game would not explain you, trying to optimize my builds to suit my own playstyle and be an asset to our team, not a liability. This game consumed me, even when I wasn’t playing it ?.

I feel exactly the same and the best thing that could happen to me is finding a group like yours to go through those weaves.

I watched some of your runs on youtube, really good job, always positive vibes between you.

Really fair review for a game i felt would be just decent. What a mistake, it's just the best feeling i had in gaming for a long time.

Would be proud to get 100%

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

It really is not. Honestly I have no idea how that trophy is sub 1%, especially since you can cheese it pretty hard... 1f605.png In all honesty, I would only recommend that game if you have someone to play it with.

The hardcore trophy is single player only. I just don't see it necessary to grab another player for this game.

14 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

I feel exactly the same and the best thing that could happen to me is finding a group like yours to go through those weaves.

I watched some of your runs on youtube, really good job, always positive vibes between you.

Really fair review for a game i felt would be just decent. What a mistake, it's just the best feeling i had in gaming for a long time.

Would be proud to get 100%

Haha nice to read! :D The vibes were great, though there are a couple of weaves where I'm sure you can hear that we are all pretty tired ? The weave-content can be pretty exhausting at times, and we were all noobs at the game.. 

In contrast, we are now (with the same group) playing End Times Vermintide and breezing through it. But getting the weaves done was very, very demanding. 

But yeah I feel the same way... I really would not have expected to find such an amazing game in Vermintide, it surpassed all my expectations. Here is to hoping that Chaos Wastes will release on consoles as well! 

Oh and about finding a group.. the Vermintide discord is pretty active, even though mostly for people playing on Steam.. but I see people on PS4 wanting to play as well and asking for a group to do legend challenges and weaves.. maybe you could head over! Such a shame that there is no matchmaking for this mode... 

(Edit: Well, I just noticed that you were the last one to ask for the state of WoM... I hope you can find some people still!) 

13 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The hardcore trophy is single player only. I just don't see it necessary to grab another player for this game.

It sure is, but the game is most fun when played with someone else. I'm not saying it is required to play in coop, I'm saying that I would not recommend the game if you are going to play it entirely solo since I don't think it's all that fun. That's all. 

12 minutes ago, KN_Kirai said:

Nice way not to "discriminate" between games with a platinum or not 1f601.png I guess this also lets you keep the "true" order of completion in your checklist even if a DLC comes out and your profile order changes.

Haha yeah I needed to go back and think twice about a few games though... There were more games that I played before DLC released than I remembered!

In the end, a game without a plat affects my statistics just as much as one with a plat, so I like not to make a distinction. Plus, with games like Action Henk or Trials Fusion not having a plat (Trials Fusion not even having a gold trophy in the base game...), the inclusion of a platinum trophy definitely is not a sign of being a better or more challenging game. :) 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

In contrast, we are now (with the same group) playing End Times Vermintide and breezing through it.

Yeah it's nothing compared to V2.

Still enjoyable in a different way except all the farming to level 100 (there is a special tactic for that) and badges. 

13 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

It sure is, but the game is most fun when played with someone else. I'm not saying it is required to play in coop, I'm saying that I would not recommend the game if you are going to play it entirely solo since I don't think it's all that fun. That's all. 

As the official representative of the "I'd rather play alone" group, members : me, I can guarantee that this game is hella fun even solo ?

Loving the changes and the design :> if only I wasn't so lazy, I'd rearrange my dumb stuff on my Trophy Checklist also. 

Goddamnit @Arcesius now you make me read your game impressions again xD why you doing this to me! (no regrets lol)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

Still enjoyable in a different way except all the farming to level 100 (there is a special tactic for that) and badges. 

A special tactic you say... I'm all ears ? We're almost done with everything else and still have over 40 levels to grind out, so any tips would be appreciated! 

As for the badges, I have been farming quite a bit and should hopefully be done soon. It's a bit unfortunate that there is no counter... 

22 minutes ago, Copanele said:

As the official representative of the "I'd rather play alone" group, members : me, I can guarantee that this game is hella fun even solo 1f602.png

Didn't you play this with your girlfriend? ? 

22 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Loving the changes and the design :> if only I wasn't so lazy, I'd rearrange my dumb stuff on my Trophy Checklist also. 

Goddamnit @Arcesius now you make me read your game impressions again xD why you doing this to me! (no regrets lol)

Thanks man! It's not like I have a lot of time to do these kinds of things, but I had to see it through regardless... You know, having the checklist look how I imagine it to keep me motivated with updating it regularly :) 

How are those ranked wins coming along? ?

• Like 1