Arcesius' Pursuit of Completion

Arcesius

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I've heard this game is okay...

Lbf80d1.png

(I'm nothing if not predictable, right? ?)

Hahaha I knew this one would come up ?

I actually almost bought it a year or so ago, when @Mori was going for it, since it looks awesome. But I have no experience with strategy games whatsoever, and own the XCOM 2 collection. Mori recommended to me to try XCOM first and see if I like the genre, before buying more games that I might not like, which I kinda agree with... 

And to be honest, XCOM already is quite intimidating ?

35 minutes ago, Baker121 said:

Everyone can make a 100th platinum suggestion? 

Of course! Suggestions are always welcome :) 

35 minutes ago, Baker121 said:

I’m talking about….

Lb1e2c0.png

Ultimate God

1L28bba3.png

This is definitely one of my top candidates to fill that spot. It's a bit unfortunate that it's not a proper platformer like its predecessor, but an auto-runner instead.. although it seems that most people that enjoyed the first one and already started playing the sequel are positively surprised that it's better than they expected. 

The Plat image and Name are of course very nice.. I'm tempted! :D  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Hahaha I knew this one would come up 1f602.png

I actually almost bought it a year or so ago, when @Mori was going for it, since it looks awesome. But I have no experience with strategy games whatsoever, and own the XCOM 2 collection. Mori recommended to me to try XCOM first and see if I like the genre, before buying more games that I might not like, which I kinda agree with... 

And to be honest, XCOM already is quite intimidating 1f605.png

Haha - fair enough - I'll never stop harping on people about this game though - so just steel yourself! ?

BTW - I'm not an XCOM guy either - played some on PC - can see it's good, but not really my thing.

TBH, turn-based strategy it's not really my genre either - outside of some Civ 5 -  for some reason though Invisible Inc just pushes through that, and made me love it anyways ?

(If you do think about it - make sure you check your PS+ backlog before buying - you might actually own it already - it was a free game like 5 years ago)

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

I haven't played Dead Nation though... From the three I've completed, Matterfall was definitely the easiest one. I proposed to Ms. Arc to do Dead Nation together, but after needing almost 2 weeks for Trine 3, a game that is remarkably short, I'm not sure if she'd be up for it... And then a Zombie-themed game... Not sure ?

Ah - yeah - the Zombie thing is pretty much the most played-out aesthetic in videogame history - though Housemarque do certainly do it better than most.

Definitely a better game in Co-Op, though it's no slouch in single player...

By the way - I totally forgot to mention - we were talking about Alinneation a while back, and I remembered what it was that made me so angry I deleted the game (and the trophy list) almost immediately, without ever playing the game... (well, actually, Ms. Bloodmoney reminded me!) ... it was lack of couch co-op.

I was super excited for Aiennation - we both were - and even replayed through Dead Nation before it came out in anticipation of all the fun we'd be having with it.

I paid full price, got it downloaded, we both sat down, controllers in hand...

Then discovered it was online co-op only ?

That game got immediately deleted in a flurry of confused, disappointed rage!

I have actually heard rumblings that it later received a patch to patch in couch co-op, so may not be a factor now, though I haven't ever  gone back to check. I probably should, though our time to play couch co-op is rather more limited now, given that our additional needs son has extremely erratic sleeping patterns, and finding time when we are both awake, he is asleep,( and neither of us is so exhausted we just want to vegetate on the couch) is rare now ?

8 hours ago, Arcesius said:

P.S: And before you name Crypt.. That's just not gonna happen. I'd love to, in fact, when I started it I said that it was my goal to make it my 100th plat, but I don't have the time required to do it. 1f613.png 

Dammit you knew that one was coming right?!! haha I will have to put some thought into this and get back to you!! Wuppo is a pretty rare gem that would look nice as a milestone tho... I love the plat image for that one and it's sub-1%, which is why it could be a good choice! Although you need 7 more it appears before the milestone, so we have some time to figure it out anyway ?

@Baker121 I was actually very much considering making SMBF my 200th milestone, coincidentally enough ?

Edited by Joe Dubz

1 minute ago, Joe Dubz said:

@Baker121 I was actually very much considering making SMBF my 200th milestone, coincidentally enough 1f601.png

I’m only 4 platinums away from 300. This could be a triple date ❤️.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baker121 said:

I’m only 4 platinums away from 300. This could be a triple date 2764.png.

Hell yeah, I like the way you think!! I am def game if @Arcesius is too!

Sidenote: it would be fun because it would be plats 100, 200, and 300 respectively for the 3 of us!

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1

It's pretty tricky to pinpoint a worthy 100th milestone for you, but I'll take a shot xD

Since you're at :platinum: 92...crossed fingers that you will love Hades. It will be launched in August I think, at this moment that looks like a game that defines your taste in games.

Unless the trophy list is lame ?

Another option would be Nier Replicant, but I don't know how much you liked Automata. That's a very niche and tricky game. 

So far that's what I have in mind. All of the other games that I would have sworn you would have loved...you played them already. Tough decisions!

Injustice 2 lmao go for it

• Like 4

Well my comment about the triple date was more of a joke. By the time you get to 100 I’ll be way past 300 ?. Good luck with the decision, I’m rooting for SMB Forever.

• Like 2

Should make a poll! It doesn't have to ultimately set you up for what game to play, but would be interesting to see people's votes. I personally think Super Meat Boy Forever would be a fun choice. Just watched the racing speed run from GDQ and it even made me get slightly interested in it.

If you end up getting Demons Souls on PS5, play some of it coop, had a lot of fun playing through my 2nd run with a friend and it makes for interesting PVP...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baker121 said:

Well my comment about the triple date was more of a joke. By the time you get to 100 I’ll be way past 300 1f602.png. Good luck with the decision, I’m rooting for SMB Forever.

See that's the beauty of it... It doesn't matter when each of us does it, it will always be in the Milestones! Just a fun thought anyway, doesn't matter and I support @Arcesius and yourself no matter what you both decide on ? I for one am about 95% certain that will be my 200th plat, just saying!

• Like 2

I’m starting to feel like the only person left who doesn’t plan milestones…? ?

If I’d known I was meant to put this much thought into it, I doubt I’d have Need for Speed Rivals and Sly 2 (two of the worst games I’ve played) as 2 of mine ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Just for the record, I'll be playing both games anyways! I already own Nuclear Throne, and I have been in the mood to start it soon. And I'll eventually play SMBF as well :) NT looks like a lot of fun, I'm expecting it to take me at least 200-250 hours, knowing that @Mori did it in 150 1f602.png He's always faster than me. 

Though if I'm being totally honest, I'm a bit scared that I won't like it. I played Enter the Gungeon a little while ago, and luckily didn't pop a single trophy in the 1-2 hours that I played (was total coincidence). The game didn't click with me. I'm hoping that I won't feel the same with NT.

I feel like NT is maybe a lighter version of EtG in some ways? It's def a hella grind tho, I still need to finish that some day. Pretty difficult, but you @Arcesius are no stranger to a good challenge!

Nabbing those post-loop crowns is probably the hardest part IMO. I couldn't acquire a single one in the time I played it, because I could never get through a post-loop run. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on it tho! 

• Like 2

Better play a game that you know you'll enjoy. You have been unsure about playing NT at all, I doubt it would be a good choice for the 100th milestone. I vote for SMB Forever if you want a challenging 100th or Hades if you want sth you most likely will enjoy (though I havent checked the achievements yet). If you can wait with Nier Replicant then this might be a good choice as well.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

I feel like NT is maybe a lighter version of EtG in some ways? It's def a hella grind tho, I still need to finish that some day. Pretty difficult, but you @Arcesius are no stranger to a good challenge!

Yeah so what I think I'd enjoy more in NT as compared to EtG is that it seems to be faster paced. In EtG, everything move so slowly... There was no 'umph' behind the shots, if you know what I mean. And long ass runs.

All these 'issues' don't seem to be present in NT... 

45 minutes ago, Mori said:

Better play a game that you know you'll enjoy. You have been unsure about playing NT at all, I doubt it would be a good choice for the 100th milestone. I vote for SMB Forever if you want a challenging 100th or Hades if you want sth you most likely will enjoy (though I havent checked the achievements yet). If you can wait with Nier Replicant then this might be a good choice as well.

Yeah Hades is definitely a strong contender for that milestone.

But I was thinking of playing NT as my 'side game' for sessions where I only have time for a run or two, while playing Demon's Souls :) To make some progress without going all in, if you know what I mean...

If it turns out that I really like the game, I might make it a milestone. And if not... Well, that's going to be a frustrating one to complete then ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I'm going on a vacation starting Monday, and have decided to not start anything new before leaving... So it's going to be a couple of days before I start.. The Metronomicon? Yeah, probably the game I'm going with next :) 

I couldn’t resist grabbing The Metronomicon too.

A quick recap of what I thought: ‘I know Arcesius bought it, can this game be done in coop? It can! Damn it! Only couch coop again’ ?

One day..

Edited by Baker121
  • Like 1

Nice write up man ?- and congrats!

Have to admit, definitely not my kind of game, and if anything, after reading your write up, I am more sure than ever of that ?, but a game with so few players having completed it needs a good write up somewhere on the site, so you're doing Gods work?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baker121 said:

I couldn’t resist grabbing The Metronomicon too.

A quick recap of what I thought: ‘I know Arcesius bought it, can this game be done in coop? It can! Damn it! Only couch coop again’ 1f602.png

One day..

Hahaha of course ? What is it with games implementing couch-coop only... Hopefully the game is fun though, looks unique for sure! 

But yeah, as soon as Resogun goes on sale, if you are still up for it, I'm down :) 

59 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice write up man 1f44d.png- and congrats!

Have to admit, definitely not my kind of game, and if anything, after reading your write up, I am more sure than ever of that 1f602.png, but a game with so few players having completed it needs a good write up somewhere on the site, so you're doing Gods work1f609.png

Thanks a lot! 

Hmm... Not even sure who's type of game this is ? Personally I had a lot of fun with it, but while I'm going to pre-order Silksong (Hollow Knight's sequel) as soon as possible, I don't think I'm in a hurry to play Wuppo 2 if there ever is such a game. It's hard to recommend this one honestly. Since it combines so many gameplay elements there's definitely something for everyone here. 

• Like 3