Kill Your Completion 9

10 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

Eh. My intro paragraph for LEGO worlds was still spot on, so I just edited my last post with my final review. It's still at the top of this page. Up next is some Gauntlet Legends or just Gauntlet as it shows up on the PS4 library. Either way it should be downloaded tomorrow and ready to go.

Thanks for the review. My son loves LEGO games (hasn't touched Minecraft tho) so this game was on my radar.  Maybe I'll avoid it now.

Also, if you're going for the plat, I believe I saw somewhere about a brick exploit so you don't have to needlessly grind for all those bricks.

3 hours ago, dizzyshadow said:

Game 2: 11 - 11 Memories Retold

L4d0a42.png

Overall glad i've played it, but its probably one only for fans of the story games.

Agree. I'm glad I played it but it's not one of my favorites. Something was just missing in the story to really make it compelling. Also, the abudity at the end with...

Spoiler

The hot-air balloon 

...really turned me off.  

The impressionist graphics also bugged me at first but then I accepted it as it's an artistic game, so an artistic motif fits it.  I'm not sure the story would've been conveyed as well if we had crisp graphics, like Battlefield 1. But yes, finding collectibles in a blurred world was tough.  I did think the voice acting was great though, especially from the Major.  

If you're looking at it from an educational aspect, I think BF1 packs a lot more detailed information into it, along with much more entertainment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

So it's an army game that's not a shooter game? It's a story game like a Tell Tale game (rip) and not a shooter with a story on top, like Spec Ops: The Line?

its definitely not a shooter, you do get the opportunity to fire a gun but its very much tell tale style press circle to shoot someone or square to take the other option. Telltale games are by far the best comparison in my opinion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Hopefully going to get to Inner Space later tonight.  Been on the go and away from the console but brought my Vita with me and finished off the platinum on Monster Monpiece.  Now I can delete that junk from my Vita. 

Really can't figure the audience for this game.  You would think it was teenage boys with the juvenile fan service, made even creepier when I realized that my female character who was rubbing all these girls/women on the cards was actually a 14-yr old.  On the other side, the story and dialogue seemed pointed at stereotypically vapid teenage girls as I really can't see anyone with any sense finding them interesting (apologies as necessary to anyone reading this post, more annoyance with the game than judgment of readers).  And no, I realized that there truly isn't a male in sight during the game (except, of course, the screen strokers).

Final Score: 2/10 (there could have been an interesting card game there but it just wasn't worth the designers' efforts to put anything decent around it)

I thought the concept was interesting, but they kind of went the opposite route with it. If instead of rubbing the vita, just stacking the same cards would have created a "better" version of said card, it would have been a superior game for it. Some devs seem to really be invested in the gimmick of rubbing/tapping the vita screen continuously for their games. Kind of wished that would have died down as fast as the sixaxis nonsense did.

11 minutes ago, coldsphinx93 said:

I think I'll do an early mid review for my 2nd game: Darksiders Warmastered Edition.

I am finding it way easier than the first time I played it on PS3. I haven't needed a guide for any puzzles yet, and I even got all the missable trophies. Even Aerial Predator was easy; I got it on my first try. I remember it being my last trophy on the PS3 version and needing many attempts before I finally got it. I have just beaten the second boss and made it to an area that I do not really remember all that well from before, but that adds to the enjoyment when I figure out the puzzles myself, as I usually need to follow guides for this type of game. I know I will be looking at a guide when it's time for the collectibles clean up.

So far, I'm giving this game an 8/10.

Might have to do with the FPS on the PS4, as it should be more fluent  due to running at 60 instead of 30 (with ocasional drops to half of that) and thus making the aerial predator bit easier.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

Game #3: Inner Space

Initial/Day 3 Impressions

Time played: 1.5 hrs

Ok, so I finally had a chance to sit down with this for a bit. Then my wife brought the kids home with more in tow so I lost the console for the day while they played Minecraft. All day. I did a bunch of work on Bard's Tale but hopefully I'll do a bit more time on this later in the event.

But back to the game. Inner Space is a 3rd-person(?) exploration game. You play the Cartographer, which seems to be a sentient aircraft within an alien world. You start out in a cave, get told by another craft (sort of a boat) which claims to be the Archeologist, to collect relics. That doing this will allow them to figure out what has happened in the Inverse as well as make you more versatile. You do so, learning the mechanics of the game as well as flying, and open a new area.

As the story (of sorts) progresses, you find out that wind is like an energy/currency and that demigods rose, using wind to fuel almost an immortality and they usurped the creator (sort of). The first one you meet feels bad for this and gives you its wind to try to free the other demigods. The story doesn't seem to make a lot of sense but this game is really about exploration and your environment.  Similar to Abzu, the "story" appears to be a MacGuffin to keep the exploration moving to new areas and make an excuse for finding collectibles.

The controls for flying, and being a sub once you can go underwater, work well which would be a massive fail otherwise in this kind of game. You track down relics to upgrade yourself with new wings, batteries, etc.  So far, that's it. I enjoyed Abzu but this feels really boring. Abzu's environment felt much more immersive than this or maybe there's another reason I'm just not getting into it. Another thing, you are called the Cartographer...but there's no freaking map!!!  You just wander around and try to recognize things if you get twisted about. The first areas aren't huge but I expect that to change a bit as I progress. No excuse for this in a game like this.

Overall, just not feeling this. I'll come back later and hopefully, I change my mind.

Trophies earned: 6/15, 33% for C rank

Score so far: 3.5/10

Completion Rate: 83.19% (-0.17% for the event) 

Next up: Not sure, we'll see if my house gets overrun again tomorrow or not

Crap! I just realized this game is in my back log. :facepalm:  I was hoping for something similar to Abzu too, oh well...

8 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes 1f602.png I have not heard good things about Akiba's Beat.. I believe they changed a bunch of stuff, and alienated the people who liked Trip. I can at least assure you I've never heard the name Pinkun before. :P

That's good to hear. It's the most annoying character in video game history since Noober from Baldur's Gate. The latter you can at least kill or lose during a screen transition.

Unfortunately already encountered one thing that is exactly the same as in the other game. The goddamn loading segments for evey separate area. Also, the guide seems to be off. Supposedly there is an event after the tutorial at the Electric Tower Plaza, well there was no event nor were there the 2 enemies that were supposed to show up.

None of this triggers.

Spoiler
  • Event at Electric Town Plaza [電気街改札口を通]
  • Fight against 2 vampires
  • Go to MOGRA [モグラ]

Choice: (16th)

1. I'll go with Shizuku [♥] [雫と行く【Shizuku♥】]
  2. I'll go with Tohko [♥] [トーコと行く【Tohko♥】]
  3. I'll go with Kati [カティと行く]

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Also, the guide seems to be off. Supposedly there is an event after the tutorial at the Electric Tower Plaza, well there was no event nor were there the 2 enemies that were supposed to show up.

Can't see what's in the spoiler, but I think some of the events were a little off in that guide. :/ Or the way it was laid out just made it a bit confusing.