Kill Your Completion 9

@Gretchen27 Megadimension is pretty good (from the few hours I played. Definitely better than any of the other games in the series imo). Arkham Origins Blackgate was alright overall, the map navigation is subpar though. Exist Archive was also quite good, but lacks a proper tutorial and it'll get a bit samey.

Everyone should be updated in the OP, with the exception of those who have an incomplete list or have yet to post one. I'll probably end up making a change to mine, but I'll wait until PS Plus is announced tomorrow, in case there's something  on it that interests me as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@Gretchen27 Horizon would probably take about half the time The Witcher 3 does, so there's that. Lol. 

@voodoo_eyes You haven't reached VII's card RNG yet. :lol: 

@Crimson Idol Should be interesting to read your thoughts on Gal*Gun. Pretty sure I played that during one of these, and yeah... lots of fanservice. 1f605.png

True, but from a pure gameplay point of view, it's the most fun I've had with a HDN-related game.

Also it looks like almost all the lewd game franchises will make an appearance this KYC. Senran Kagura, Akiba's Trip, Gal Gun... all that's missing is Criminal Girls and Monster Monpiece xD .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Also it looks like almost all the lewd game franchises will make an appearance this KYC. Senran Kagura, Akiba's Trip, Gal Gun... all that's missing is Criminal Girls and Monster Monpiece xD .

I was holding on to Monster Monpiece for the summer KYC this year but I can swap it in if you like ?.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes You haven't reached VII's card RNG yet. :lol: 

Now I remember the reason why I put VII on hold about two years ago. <_<

28 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@Crimson Idol Should be interesting to read your thoughts on Gal*Gun. Pretty sure I played that during one of these, and yeah... lots of fanservice. 1f605.png

Like I said I'm not sure what I will think. E.g. Punch Line also features a lot of fanservice due to the fact that you have to stare at the panties but I still liked it. 

7 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I was holding on to Monster Monpiece for the summer KYC this year but I can swap it in if you like ?.

You during KYC then:

2517662-5547888637-vitah.gif

:awesome: 

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I was holding on to Monster Monpiece for the summer KYC this year but I can swap it in if you like 1f61c.png.

Fine with me. Fair warning, not a game to be played, if you're taking a commute to work :P . Oh and the Vita will never forgive you for the abuse, just saying xD .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Now I remember the reason why I put VII on hold about two years ago. <_<

:lol: Yeah, that trophy was terrible.. 

7 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Like I said I'm not sure what I will think. E.g. Punch Line also features a lot of fanservice due to the fact that you have to stare at the panties but I still liked it. 

Hmm.. This is probably worse than that, but I'm not really sure. Gal*Gun is one of those "lewd to the extreme" games (like Monster Monpiece). But it's also a very rare console release of an on-rails shooter, and pretty fun... for awhile. Grinding for all the reports was a tedious task. :/

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Alienation (PS4)

Twin-stick shooter by Housemarque, so it's more or less guaranteed to be fun for me but I will probably have some struggles, too.

I had a lot of fun with Alienation up to the point where I only needed the one RNG based trophy, which I got over a year after starting this game.

It's definetly more fun when played with at least one other person you know.

If you ever need help with something in Alienation let me know.

I'll join with 7 games a 4 days each. I'll post my list of games later/tomorrow.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

If you ever need help with something in Alienation let me know.

Thanks for the kind offer.

I will surely see how I like it and I just hope that my girlfriend is interested enough in playing it in co-op with me from time to time. It's at least a genre she also has some slight interest in and it already has the plus that there's no friendly fire.

Lewd and crude it is. Downloading it as we speak.  Please sub it in for The Evil Within. Looking at my schedule and not sure where I'm going to find the time to put that up on the big screen anyway. My youngest is currently sleeping in the rec room on the couch while we renovate his bedroom so ++violence might not be the best choice for him to hang out and watch. Didn't think of that when I put the list together...

12 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@Gretchen27 Megadimension is pretty good (from the few hours I played. Definitely better than any of the other games in the series imo). Arkham Origins Blackgate was alright overall, the map navigation is subpar though. Exist Archive was also quite good, but lacks a proper tutorial and it'll get a bit samey.

Personally I think Megadimension will be hard pressed to beat Re;Birth 1 or Black Heart (my favs) as I associate the series on handheld. But maybe they’ve thrown in new mechanics for the console version that will bump it to the top of my list. & I don’t mind the expected monotonous grinds for Batman & Exist. Though hearing the latter lacks a tutorial is a bit of a disappointment.

11 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@Gretchen27 Horizon would probably take about half the time The Witcher 3 does, so there's that. Lol. 

Hmm…that might be a point in HZD’s favor. Honestly, I’ll probably just flip a coin on Friday. Either way one of them is getting started.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Personally I think Megadimension will be hard pressed to beat Re;Birth 1 or Black Heart (my favs) as I associate the series on handheld. But maybe they’ve thrown in new mechanics for the console version that will bump it to the top of my list

I guess this is the first time I hear someone saying that Hyperdevotion was among their favorites. :o I mean the core gameplay is solid, but the grind is real with that one. I remember that I spend about 30 hours doing all of the main content of the game and another 30 hours on top just for the lily-ranks and levels.

@MidnightDragon done

@Kevvik done

@Gretchen27 I only actually finished Action Unleashed and Megatagmension, the former being my favourite and the latter being a worse version of the first one imo (I prefer the action-oriented over the turn-based style in general). From what I have played of Megadimension, has the potential to be better and was the most fun for me. It's a visually updated version with a few new gameplay mechanics, of the previous games.

IRebirth 1 also seemed to be good from what I have played, and I liked the gameplay in Hyperdevotion, but I've been stuck on one of hte early levels (the cannons/bombs one). For me a rule is, when a game wants me to grind in early game, I'm out. That's what that mission feels like as I tried it at level 7 then grinding up to 10 and the results are still the same. HDN Victory is the same... first boss one shots me, leaving me two options grind or drop it. Well,,I deleted the game.

Just to clarify, Exist Archive does have a tutorial. It is however too basic and doesn't properly explain all the game mechanics. It's been a while since I played it, so my memory may be foggy on how it is exactly. I think it often introduced something, and then just left it at that. Without explaining it's purpose.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

@Crimson Idol

Guess I'm in the minority opinion, no one mentions it at the top of their list. I think at the time I played it I had started Disgaea & this spin off was so much easier than that. So I didn't think the clean up grinds were bad (time consuming yes) compared to the level grinding I needed to do just to get through Disgaea's story.

I enjoy turn base strategy games on a grid map. They can be slow & you can fail easily if your strategy falls apart but I think it's rewarding when you get a method down.

& of course, the chibi versions were adorable?

@voodoo_eyes

See I'm the opposite. Action Unleashed was good but the hack n slash or beat em up genres tend to bore me after awhile. Being swarmed by enemies just being able to see numbers all over the screen isn't for me. Though I've found exceptions in Akiba's Trip & Deadpool. Those were absolutely ridiculous. It was good fun.

When you hit that difficulty spike I used to quit the game to for months or years. That doesn't happen often because I'm really slow at getting through those type of games. I have to do all the side quests when they become available, stop & talk to all the NPCs, & clear each map of enemies before moving on. Yes, even clearing a revisted map, unless I can one shot the enemies. This means I'm usually even if not over leveled to handle bosses.
Take what I'm playing now, Cold Steel. It's taken me just under 11hrs to finish chapter 1. It'll be interesting to see how that lends to this event. Hopefully I won't just be commenting on the prologue of every game ?

Darn, guess I won't be asking you to explain something in Exist Archive then. 

• Like 2

@Gretchen27  might still remember the odd thing. Kevvik also played it though, so he might also be able to off explanations if needed. Pretty sure there were 2 more participants that also played it, but don't quite recall who it was.

In other news, PS Plus titles were announced /Witness&Modern Warfare Remastered), in case anzone wants to make changes to their list due to that. I'll be swapping out Saw 2 out and replacing it with Blue Reflection which is supposed to arrive next week.

Quick reminder,for those who have yet to post a (full) list.

@coldsphinx93 @dizzyshadow @Metal Slime King @PerryToxteth

@Gretchen27 I'm confident that Hyperdevotion is way easier than any Disgaea-game and it probably requires less grind, too. So I can understand why you enjoy it much more than others who played it. Especially if you like grid-based SRPGs.

And I don't think that any Legend of Heroes-game is good to make an assumption of whether one is rather slow or fast as there's a lot of introductions and the games tend to feature a lot of lore and build up rather slowly (too slow for my personal taste).E.g. the two times I tried Trails in the Sky FC it took me about 10 hours to leave the prologue-area and to be fair that didn't feature much gameplay-wise but quite a bit of dialogue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@Gretchen27  might still remember the odd thing. Kevvik also played it though, so he might also be able to off explanations if needed. Pretty sure there were 2 more participants that also played it, but don't quite recall who it was.

Yeah, I found it took a bit of experimentation as things really weren't well explained. I also don't remember it really well. Filling your boost meter (exact terminology is questionable but that's the idea) is a shared thing which accesses different big attacks which can put + damage on a single opponent or multiple, depending on the attack. Joint combo boosts are learnable as well IIRC and skills from other characters can be learned if they are partying together but it's a random thing you will have to bear through. Strength/weakness for enemies/elements isn't well explained either. 

Grinding is absolutely necessary for later events but extra trips through dungeons are pretty clear on recommendations for character levels. I ground for a while every chapter to keep from getting stonewalled and having to do a crapload at that point and I kept the pace with the game pretty well. Once you are comfortable with your move sets and overpowering the lower levels you can usually undercut the bigger guys a bit.  Some boss battles need a bit of experimentation as well to figure out the best way to approach them and the odd one here and there feels a bit cheap at times until you find that perfect approach. 

I enjoyed the story and the game though it's not as memorable as others. It's poor explanation of gameplay is easily its weakest feature.

• Like 1