Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield Announced for Nintendo Switch

Parker

This looked so promising... And then they ruined the game by not letting us have all of the previous pokemon in it. For a completionist, this is disgusting to see, and also hearing that all the upcoming games will be the same way, I might sell my switch and forever stay with gameboy/3ds.

• Like 3

Cyberpunk Sword or Cyberpunk Shield. Keanu Reeves is only in the one you didn't get.

I haven't played one since Red/Blue. I know they haven't released details about the difference this time around, but if they are repeating their previous titles, I won't be buying.

1 hour ago, Fuuzect98 said:

This looked so promising... And then they ruined the game by not letting us have all of the previous pokemon in it. For a completionist, this is disgusting to see, and also hearing that all the upcoming games will be the same way, I might sell my switch and forever stay with gameboy/3ds.

All the previous?

2 hours ago, Fuuzect98 said:

I do agree with you.
I would love to continue to have a live dex, and knowing that with S&S we will have only some of the old Pokèmons... It just sucks.
I know that numbers will be similar to 1.000 different species to code, model and so on, but still...

I hope that they will add (free) DLCs in the future that expand the creature database, otherwise it will be a complete disappointment

Edited by Rigand91

22 minutes ago, Rigand91 said:

I do agree with you.
I would love to continue to have a live dex, and knowing that with S&S we will have only some of the old Pokèmons... It just sucks.
I know that numbers will be similar to 1.000 different species to code, model and so on, but still...

I hope that they will add (free) DLCs in the future that expand the creature database, otherwise it will be a complete disappointment

From what I heard, this will be a thing in every game moving forward. Gamefreak will choose a set amount of mons for each game, and none of the other ones can be brought in. Basically we will never have a game where you can use every pokemon there is, again.

But like you said, I hope this isn't true, and that they can be added in later with dlc, but I have little hope.

I understand why people feel disappointed about not being able to have all of the Pokemon in one game any longer but I think this is also somewhat positive. 

It's the chance to use the new mons in your team and not stick to a team you've used for generations. (like most of my friends do and they almost never give a sh** about new ones)

But yes, completionists this hits hard.

Also, if your fave Pokemon are not making it into the newer games it's sad too :(

1 hour ago, nymphia97 said:

I understand why people feel disappointed about not being able to have all of the Pokemon in one game any longer but I think this is also somewhat positive. 

It's the chance to use the new mons in your team and not stick to a team you've used for generations. (like most of my friends do and they almost never give a sh** about new ones)

But yes, completionists this hits hard.

Also, if your fave Pokemon are not making it into the newer games it's sad too :(

Well, they could've done like they have done previously, wait a few months for pokemon home to be compatible with sword and shield, so that you had to try out the new mons (or the hundreds from previous games) that are in the game, then being able to transfer the rest later. But for now, there are a huge amount we wont be able to see on the switch, and there is no point transfering the ones not in sword and shield to pokemon home, as they will just be stuck there until we get a switch game they can be transfered to.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fuuzect98 said:

Well, they could've done like they have done previously, wait a few months for pokemon home to be compatible with sword and shield, so that you had to try out the new mons (or the hundreds from previous games) that are in the game, then being able to transfer the rest later. But for now, there are a huge amount we wont be able to see on the switch, and there is no point transfering the ones not in sword and shield to pokemon home, as they will just be stuck there until we get a switch game they can be transfered to.

Yes, that's true. They could have done that. 

I'm not a fan of what they did either, especially since I'm currently completing my Dex in Pokémon Ultra Moon & completed the one in Pokémon Let's Go as I was hoping to transfer them.

Tbh, I think they did it mostly for new(er) players to the series so that they don't feel left out because of all the old gen Mons but rather "grow" with newer ones.

But yeah, it's bad for older players that maybe want their full shiny or perfect IV & DV teams transferred, but can't because of some Pokémon not being in S/S

• 1 month later...

My thoughts on the new reveals:

So much for the evil team being based off Brexit. lol. ?

I don't see how this team is any different than Skull though. A completely non-threatening team at all. ?

Not surprised they brought back regional forms. They look good though so it's fine I guess.

They finally gave Linoone an evolution huh? Okay. As long as it's not OP. ?

On 13/6/2019 at 10:38 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm sorry, I really am, but I seriously don't see what the big deal is. I've never tried to 'catch them all,' so for me anyway, this has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever. ?

It's not really about catching them all. The competitive side has already been a mess since BW1, now Gamefreak gets to remove key 'mons at random  to make the metagame  unbearable. Outside of the competitive, pokémon is pretty much a kiddy game aimed at childrens. Quite sad that we got this outcome, I guess it's time for me to give up in seeing the golden days  of Shoddy Battle once again.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

For me at least, it's definitely about "Catching them all". I've maintained a living pokedex since the 3rd/4th gen or so and am pretty upset about this. To not be able to bring all my events, all my different Pokemon forms, or all my hard-bred shinies to this new set of games is pretty much a deal breaker.

• Like 3

For me personally, I do quite upset about the national dex but I feel like I should give the game a chance at least.

I kinda losing touch ever since the Sun and Moon come out, don't know why but I just can't click with the game.

I have been a fan of Pokemon since Red and Blue, play all gen enjoy it but I just so they have ups and downs.

Least favorite for me is Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, Black/White/Black 2/White 2 and Sun/Moon/UltraSun/UltraMoon.

Pokemon X and Y actually what pull me back sad to say slowly drift away again from the franchise.

Hopefully, with all the backlash of Sword and Shield I could enjoy the game no problem, for me, this will be my last shot for Pokemon.

Hopefully, I don't offend anyone that truly loves Pokemon, after all this just how I feel and see things.

Look dude, frankly you're not special and you don't get to decide what's important or not in a game. If you care about your 3 year old  handholding adventure good for you, I played competitive for 12 years straight alongside founding a clan, so I have all the rights to complain when Gamefreak decides to fuck the competitive side of the game in order to cash in early  with kids.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

1b1lnk9zai731.png

I'm the annoyed bird in this scenario.

Do me a favor and stop bashing on something that I've loved EVERYTHING I've seen for so far and complaining about something that doesn't matter at all.

Translation: "It doesn't matter to me so how dare anyone else have an issue with it!!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SelectiveGamer said:

1b1lnk9zai731.png

I'm the annoyed bird in this scenario.

Do me a favor and stop bashing on something that I've loved EVERYTHING I've seen for so far and complaining about something that doesn't matter at all.

Honestly I couldn't care less how annoyed you are, little bird. This absolutely does matter, to myself and many others.

• Like 2