Ratalaika keeps Vita alive!

kksligh

5 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

So what would you recommend from Ratalaika, as good games?

I mostly agree with your last part about many popular AAA titles.

I started playing video games in the early 90s, when developers would put some time and effort into their master pieces.

EA especially was good at buying different developers, rushing them to release games before being ready and closing different great studios like Westwood and ruining the Command & Conquer franchise among many other. 

Ratalaika is just the same disease, but in a smaller scale.

They've seen that there is a market for ridiculous and cheap template games, as long as there are easy trophies or achievements in them. 

I really doubt that there is a big market for these kinds of games, when you exclude us fanatic and stupid trophy whores. 

My personal favorite is I am the Hero. Its like an old 2d beat em up game. Ive spent time on this game well beyond the platinum even. At once point I was the record holder for most waves in the workshop fight and fastest time for the challenge fight. I just checked before making this comment and saw I slipped which is great because it gives me an excuse to play and try to reclaim my spot. 

League of Evil was fun. Its like super meat boy but just more forgiving trophies. If you like League of evil you might like Daggerhood too. I liked Daggerhood but not as much as  league of evil. Devious Dungeon was fun for me as well. I know alot of people will think Im lying but other than the shit controls on Access Denied I liked this game.  I understand if people dont like it not everyone likes puzzle games. I also lied kinda. One of the games you played I did in fact like Im talking about Tetras escape. If you just dont like puzzle games I get it and Im not saying its really that great of one either its clearly for kids so none of the puzzles are really hard. I also dont really think the ones you played are that awful so much as its just not my taste. I think alot of gamers forget that one persons game of the year is someone elses turd of the year. Not everyone enjoys the same type of game experience. 

Sorry I was kinda an ass to you but I see people always shitting on ratalakia on here and I think its largely misplaced. They make some games I would play with or without trophies. They always crossbuy them and they even post on here.  Im always trying to get people to play I am the hero even non trophy hunting friends. I really liked this game. I also think there is a market for these games maybe not all of them but most because games like this have always existed. Smaller scale games like this have always been around they just used to stay off the consoles. I agree the market isnt big but things like this have always existed. In closing I think people should play what they want to play, and not really worry alot what other people do with their time or money. Im a hardcore libertarian so thats likely why this mindset comes so naturally to me but not others but generally im a live and let live guy. I hope you really do at least give I am the hero a shot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deathtotyrants76 said:

My personal favorite is I am the Hero. Its like an old 2d beat em up game. Ive spent time on this game well beyond the platinum even. At once point I was the record holder for most waves in the workshop fight and fastest time for the challenge fight. I just checked before making this comment and saw I slipped which is great because it gives me an excuse to play and try to reclaim my spot. 

League of Evil was fun. Its like super meat boy but just more forgiving trophies. If you like League of evil you might like Daggerhood too. I liked Daggerhood but not as much as  league of evil. Devious Dungeon was fun for me as well. I know alot of people will think Im lying but other than the shit controls on Access Denied I liked this game.  I understand if people dont like it not everyone likes puzzle games. I also lied kinda. One of the games you played I did in fact like Im talking about Tetras escape. If you just dont like puzzle games I get it and Im not saying its really that great of one either its clearly for kids so none of the puzzles are really hard. I also dont really think the ones you played are that awful so much as its just not my taste. I think alot of gamers forget that one persons game of the year is someone elses turd of the year. Not everyone enjoys the same type of game experience. 

Sorry I was kinda an ass to you but I see people always shitting on ratalakia on here and I think its largely misplaced. They make some games I would play with or without trophies. They always crossbuy them and they even post on here.  Im always trying to get people to play I am the hero even non trophy hunting friends. I really liked this game. I also think there is a market for these games maybe not all of them but most because games like this have always existed. Smaller scale games like this have always been around they just used to stay off the consoles. I agree the market isnt big but things like this have always existed. In closing I think people should play what they want to play, and not really worry alot what other people do with their time or money. Im a hardcore libertarian so thats likely why this mindset comes so naturally to me but not others but generally im a live and let live guy. I hope you really do at least give I am the hero a shot. 

I'll give it a go, and thanks for the detailed reply. 

And no hard feelings.

Have a great week mate. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

I'll give it a go, and thanks for the detailed reply. 

And no hard feelings.

Have a great week mate. 

Well let me know what you think when you do. It made me think of when i was a kid playing streets of rage or double dragon. Also you were kinda right about the white knight thing buy it wasn't so much to defend my plat (alot im will admit arent hard and i take no pride in) but it seems every new game they release the forums get flooded with people shitting all over their games. I mean one of the dudes is in this thread and they have to see all these comments of people just shitting on their work all the time and i just feel sorry for them to see it you know? Especially when i think they get alot of hate that is misplaced just because their trophies are usually not hard at all. 

I just hate all the negativity, too. Like... there’s no need. Just say that it’s not your cup of tea and be on with it. Or say nothing at all.. not quite sure why people come to a forum about a specific game from a specific dev just to bash the dev.. must be tough, the life you lead.. when all you wanna do is bring down something that others enjoy.. who doesn’t enjoy an easy platinum every now and again? Hell, what does it matter? Trophies, standards, “hardcore,” whatever... I’ve got easy platinums.. oh no! Is my trophy reputation ruined? I can almost guarantee that most of you who may look at my trophies, that I have both rarer trophies and harder trophies accomplished in my time in gaming, but what does any of it actually mean? It’s the value you place on it, and that value is interpreted entirely differently from one person to the next 

ratalaika I enjoy your games.. and I know many, many others that do, as well. So, keep up the good work, and don’t pay any mind to all the naysayers. Im sure this will be another enjoyable title.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Not sure why you are quoting me if your only input is hurling insults. Stick to the topic.

Sorry, but you hurled an inaccurate and inappropriate comment out at a dev that is one of a small number than continues to support the Vita.

For NA/EU, there is virtually no one bringing games out. Ratalaika, Sometimes You, POWGI, and P Qube are about all you've got. Everyone else has dropped Vita support, including Sony.

So to say that having these games is driving the Vita into the grave is absurd. 

Furthermore, the Ratalaika games have been of good quality, particularly the Wobblyware ports. To my knowledge they all work, the trophies work, prices are reasonable, and the dev frequently posts here and supports his products. They are far from dumpster fire quality.

You may not enjoy the games (although from your profile you still play them....) but many others do, and would rather see someone supporting the console than have it completely ignored.

Your comment was inappropriate and you got called out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Sorry, but you hurled an inaccurate and inappropriate comment out at a dev that is one of a small number than continues to support the Vita.

For NA/EU, there is virtually no one bringing games out. Ratalaika, Sometimes You, POWGI, and P Qube are about all you've got. Everyone else has dropped Vita support, including Sony.

Furthermore, the Ratalaika games have been of good quality, particularly the Wobblyware ports. To my knowledge they all work, the trophies work, prices are reasonable, and the dev frequently posts here and supports his products. They are far from dumpster fire quality.

You may not enjoy the games (although from your profile you still play them....) but many others do, and would rather see someone supporting the console than have it completely ignored.

The person also didnt just insult them like they said either. They did insult them but they also made an argument which they choose to ignore and just focus on the insult. 

this seems very relevant https://laurencetennant.com/bonds/adhominem.html

Edited by Deathtotyrants76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

My comment was my opinion, and if you want to silence one side of the argument because it differs from your own then shame on you.

Of course I have played the odd one, and that is clearly where I am basing my opinion from. Should I have played none and make the comments I did? Give it a rest. 

2 hours ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

not quite sure why people come to a forum about a specific game from a specific dev just to bash the dev..

For easy rep (check the first page for proof). 

People like to bump their rep by being contrarian and making needlessly toxic comments in their quest for that release of endorphins following public acceptance. 

32 minutes ago, Mardia_ said:

My favorite part about the thread is people acting like they play the Ratalaika Games for quality and not because they're easy and cheap games.

I am the hero was an awesome game you can eat a bag of dicks

Edited by Deathtotyrants76

47 minutes ago, Mardia_ said:

My favorite part about the thread is people acting like they play the Ratalaika Games for quality and not because they're easy and cheap games.

Exceptional:

I Am Hero (Best Game they Published so far)

Count Lucanor (Best game they have ported)

If you see the Steam counterparts for their Console ports, some are well received. Even if they are missing achievements or not easy as the PSN ones.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mardia_ said:

The fact that the games are cheap certainly plays a role; if Ratalaika had tried to sell Blasting Agent to me for $19.99, I wouldn't have bought it. But they didn't, and I did, and I enjoyed it a lot. I enjoyed League of Evil, as well.

Would I have played Blasting Agent if, e.g., there was a no-death trophy (which would have made the plat UR immediately)? Maybe, maybe not. I try not to deal in hypotheticals unless I have to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-02 at 7:44 PM, BeautifulTorment said:

No, Ratalaika is hammering the vita further into the grave with the dumpster fire quality games they churn out.

Which of their games have you played? You assume they are crap, which is just stupid. And wrong. Many of their games are fun, perfect Vita games for the bus.