I left the game to install overnight, i woke up to 32% installed

Varhur

I have often similar problems while installing games on my ps3. my internet connection is quite ok and on the ps4 everything loads really fast, but for some reason ps3 games always take their sweet little time

I also downloaded gow:a a while ago and yeah it took really long. several hours long...

10 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

is this the physical version?. i had this happen to xmen destiny (had to buy 2 copy's) because it didn't install right every time. sometimes discs can not work correctly.

Nope, digital version. I had the disc, but it stopped working. At least buying the game on sale was cheaper than buying online pass alone.

I’d say just download again. I just downloaded and installed the game recently on my PS3 Slim and had no problems.

Others were probably right, it could’ve been data corruption during the download. It’s a pain to reinstall the ~35 GB game again (and then separately have to install all the updates after installing the game) but on the bright side, you’ll have tons of time to sleep! :P

• 9 months later...
26 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I couldnt download the game until I had 74 GBs left on the system. Just an FYI for people who want to get the digital game. 

I believe both PS3 and PS4 do this, you need to have twice the space it needs to install.

I didn't have any issues with the physical copy of this game, but the only (relatively) really large game I installed on PS3 was ME2, and it took something like 8 hours.  I was used to smaller games and quicker installs, so I started it at 3 in the afternoon thinking I'd get to play soon.  The PS3 is just super slow with digital.

2 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I believe both PS3 and PS4 do this, you need to have twice the space it needs to install.

I didn't have any issues with the physical copy of this game, but the only (relatively) really large game I installed on PS3 was ME2, and it took something like 8 hours.  I was used to smaller games and quicker installs, so I started it at 3 in the afternoon thinking I'd get to play soon.  The PS3 is just super slow with digital.

They are about that much, yes. I just thought I'd share as it is a huge amount for a standard PS3 harddrive. I had to delete 10-12 games and I have a 500 GB model.