Latest DLC addition to a released game so far?

13 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Does the PS3 JP GOTY edition not currently have cross-save like the NA release just had patched in?

I never noticed the option when I updated (1.04 seems to be the latest patch). I'll check again tonight. 

34 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

1.05 is the latest patch for the JP version and 1.07 is the latest one for the Western release.

I did a fresh install of the JP GotY version and 1.04 was the only update I saw. I'll check again tonight, hopefully the DLC does get a release. If it does will it be free for GotY owners? ? 

13 hours ago, Sergen said:

The Japanese version got the patch to export your save, not sure which version that save gets sent over to because I've yet to try the PS4 version myself just yet.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Save File Cloud is shared between the Western and JP versions on BL1 so if you have a save from one version already uploaded, the other will ask if you want to overwrite it when you attempt to upload another one.

I can confirm this. Both my characters from Borderlands PS3 UK physical disc version and my characters from Borderlands GOTY Japan physical disc version could be exported one by one to Borderlands PS4 digital EU version...

I have opened a ticket at 2K support explaining the situation that the trophy list for DLC4 has been added to the Japanese PS3 Borderlands GOTY version with the latest patch, but that this DLC is currently unavailable; maybe there is a chance that the trophy list gets corrected or that the DLC is made available. Keep the fingers crossed, I guess.

Edited by Hirnforscher
  • Like 3

What you also can do is tweet to randy pitchford and ask to release the dlc!

"@DuvalMagic I see the japanese version of Borderlands 1 on PS3 just got the claptrap DLC added into sony’s trophy system, but there is no news regarding release for this. Specifically the japanese physical Game of the year edition." Is my tweet to him lol.

Also I doubt the japanese PS4 version shares list with PS3 version.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

Trophy completion is getting riskier every day. You never know when something absurd like this will happen. I still can't believe they added a DLC for a game released 9 years ago. 

I believe they have copy pasted the patch across all regions, including the trophy files, so sony probably updated the game adding the dlc trophies from the patch file itself. The funny thing though is they have edited the files for the Japan goty specifically aswell, since it doesnt share same ID as the other regions. Very odd indeed.

• Like 2

2K Support (United States)

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/sections/200397637-Borderlands

2K Support (Japan)

https://support.2k.com/hc/ja/requests/new

Let’s try getting in touch with them and let them know what happened.

I don’t know which of the two above is in charge of this, so I have sent requests to both.

Edited by ChenZheCHN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChenZheCHN said:

2K Support (United States)

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/sections/200397637-Borderlands

2K Support (Japan)

https://support.2k.com/hc/ja/requests/new

Let’s try getting in touch with them and let them know what happened.

I don’t know which of the two above is in charge of this, so I have sent requests to both.

Well 2K only publishes (its a branch of take two),  so all in all its still gearbox themselves who have the answers you are after.

4 hours ago, Cissa90 said:

Well 2K only publishes (its a branch of take two),  so all in all its still gearbox themselves who have the answers you are after.

It would be great if you could share where to get in touch with GearBox.

I searched on Google and found this forum, but I’m not sure if the forum has a Japanese counterpart, or if it is responsible for Japanese releases.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/c/borderlands/borderlands-ps3-tech-support

11 minutes ago, ChenZheCHN said:

It would be great if you could share where to get in touch with GearBox.

I searched on Google and found this forum, but I’m not sure if the forum has a Japanese counterpart, or if it is responsible for Japanese releases.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/c/borderlands/borderlands-ps3-tech-support

You can try contacting them via Twitter: https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial and/or https://twitter.com/Borderlands

8 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Never thought they’d release this DLC so late into this version...all the more reason to pick it up!

From what I've gathered the DLC isn't actually playable in this version (so far!), Gearbox only added the trophies.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 10:23 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

Yeah I know that. But this whole thread is about the fact that the dlc has not been released for this version.  So posting here that the dlc is awesome is kind of pointless. 

don't get salty bro, it's just a comment. We are talking of a content that have been made a few years ago, so i can post what i want if it's related to him.

Honestly, I think asking them to release the DLC on PS3 is probably a futile attempt. IMO your best bet would be to ask for some kind of autopop, either have the DLC trophies autopop using an imported save or upon booting of the game. 

Really sucks this happened though, I bought this like a month ago and was going to start in a week or two, guess I won't bother now

• Like 1

What's the latest news on this then? Did anyone get a reply from Gearbox/2K? Or is it safe to assume this will be forever unattainable?

Things I've read that the PS4 version is shared with all countries. I thought the cross save feature might have helped, but what I've heard that's only from PS3 to PS4, if you could do it the other way round, we might of been able to get some to auto pop.

On 10/04/2019 at 9:00 PM, LittleBlueMacaw said:

This is shocking news to me! :(

I really hope there is a fix to this. Whether the DLC gets added as a free/paid update, save transfer or even remove the list completely. If they don't, I can kiss my 100% profile goodbye... 1f622.png

Says with a 69% completion profile.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kaa-Bling said:

What's the latest news on this then? Did anyone get a reply from Gearbox/2K? Or is it safe to assume this will be forever unattainable?

Things I've read that the PS4 version is shared with all countries. I thought the cross save feature might have helped, but what I've heard that's only from PS3 to PS4, if you could do it the other way round, we might of been able to get some to auto pop.

Correct on all counts. 1: No-one has heard anything about the DLC being released. 2: The PS4 list is shared worldwide. 3: The Save File Export feature is a one way trip so can only go PS3 => PS4, not the other way round :(..

4 hours ago, Kaa-Bling said:

Sent a ticket to 2K, 2K Japan and Gearbox like 5 days ago and got 0 replies.