Knightmare_1985

Previously Banned profiles changing names

71 posts in this topic

So right on day one of the psn name changes there has been a previously banned profile change their name and slither their way back onto the leaderboard, I can’t name names but it’s very obvious when you see the newest entry to the top 5 on the Australian leaderboard. The profile is a 100% duplicate of a previously banned profile only now with quite a few hidden trophies.

 

obviously this name change thing is going to make a complete mockery of the psnp leaderboards if this kind of thing is going to be acceptable

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

Look at the bright side. You get to report them again 1f602.png

Exactly. One good thing ive noticed is that the legit trophy hunters can sniff out a cheater. Its just gonna make really hard on the mods when u can change ur name multiple time. But wouldnt the 4 digit code to link ur profile be the same even if you change psn name? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Look at the bright side. You get to report them again 1f602.png

How if the related trophies are hidden now? You have to then wait for another "mistake"...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Look at the bright side. You get to report them again 1f602.png

That’s not really the point tho, many others are going to take advantage of it and get back on the leaderboards, legitimate trophy hunters will get offended, the site will suffer, none of us want that to happen

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Knightmare_1985 said:

That’s not really the point tho, many others are going to take advantage of it and get back on the leaderboards, legitimate trophy hunters will get offended, the site will suffer, none of us want that to happen

I dont the site will suffer but it will keep the dispute team very busy. Does it tell us what their original psn name is when its changed though? " formally known as"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smashero said:

How if the related trophies are hidden now? You have to then wait for another "mistake"...

If the trophies are hidden, then there is less damage to the leaderboards.

Remember that you can still hack 2 times and be in the leaderboards if you hide the games. It doesn't make much sense when the hacks are related to save editing.

Anyways leaderboards will always be compromised. People can hack and still have legitimate trophy lists. Sharing accounts, paying for trophies etc

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This feedback has been reported.

 

It supposedly shouldn't have happened to begin with, but I think some kinks are still being worked out, or there's some delay. We'll find out soon.

 

Edit: ninja'd by Sly Ripper :ninja:

 

Edited by B1rvine
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XxraymanjrxX said:

I dont the site will suffer but it will keep the dispute team very busy. Does it tell us what their original psn name is when its changed though? " formally known as"

I don’t know, I just know that this one in particular is the same a a recently banned profile

2 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

This won't work for long, we'll be fetching account IDs for previously flagged/removed/banned profiles and clean this up.

Awesome 😎 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

If the trophies are hidden, then there is less damage to the leaderboards.

Remember that you can still hack 2 times and be in the leaderboards if you hide the games. It doesn't make much sense when the hacks are related to save editing.

Anyways leaderboards will always be compromised. People can hack and still have legitimate trophy lists. Sharing accounts, paying for trophies etc

 

Do not want to go OT, but... I understand that those two "options" (sharing and paying) are in your opinion considered as "hacking", huh? I of course respect your opinion.
However those two things are not considered as cheating or hacking here and on the other tracking sites.

 

Personal feeling: as long as I am ok with sharing accounts, paying for trophies is a simply "no go", but it is still a "legit" way, unless they were achieved by CFW/hacking/save usage, but how to prove that... :/

Edited by Smashero
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Look at the bright side. You get to report them again 1f602.png

 

i like this better. since they've hidden the trophies those points they get from those will be permanently gone.

and if they foul up again everyone will get the chance to report them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Smashero said:

 

Do not want to go OT, but... I understand that those two "options" (sharing and paying) are in your opinion considered as "hacking", huh? I of course respect your opinion.
However those two things are not considered as cheating or hacking here and on the other tracking sites.

 

Personal feeling: as long as I am ok with sharing accounts, paying for trophies is a simply "no go", but it is still a "legit" way, unless they were achieved by CFW/hacking/save usage.

No. Most likely i didn't express it correctly.Poor english. They are not the same as hacking.

But in my eyes they misrepresent the leaderboards in a similar way

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This change was only put in place one day ago people! One day! I'm pretty sure Sly and his team will sort something out soon. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aslong as there is some sort of ID or address just like  a DNA test then they wont get away with it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You people are already freaking out about this.

 

Wait a few weeks and everything will be back to normal. Just like any "change" that happens on this website.

 

Reminds me of the slight change to how our trophy profiles were formatted last summer.

Edited by Spaz
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

No. Most likely i didn't express it correctly.Poor english. They are not the same as hacking.

But in my eyes they misrepresent the leaderboards in a similar way

Pardon, I over-interpreted it :D.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tsk tsk.

 

if this is the player I assume it is I am not sure he has had three warnings. If he has by all means ban him but at this stage as #2 in Australia I find this thread both offensive and unfair to him. I would suggest it be closed until you can verify it. As for deleting my post well that is amusing but poor form.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Knightmare_1985 said:

So right on day one of the psn name changes there has been a previously banned profile change their name and slither their way back onto the leaderboard, I can’t name names but it’s very obvious when you see the newest entry to the top 5 on the Australian leaderboard. The profile is a 100% duplicate of a previously banned profile only now with quite a few hidden trophies.

 

obviously this name change thing is going to make a complete mockery of the psnp leaderboards if this kind of thing is going to be acceptable

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm sure that there's a few people in each nation that eyeballs their own countries leaderboard, so any gross cheaters will disappear quickly.

Even if the whole psn account id ban isn't retroactive, which i imagine it wouldn't be, none of the cheaters will be able to slip into the higher rungs, and the more small time cheaters will get slowly filtered out. If i learned anything from the flagged game disputes section is that you guys are absolutely ruthless and can find anything.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

 

I can verify they have 3 flagged games with the same account ID

 

Fair enough off with his head. But please someone hurry up and move into #3 it is tiresome in its current state.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

To be honest, I recommend not reporting a lot of people right now. At least I'm unsure what effects it will have on the current system, maybe @Sly Ripper can time them with their name changes or something. Still gonna have issues depending on when accounts syncs etc... idk. So... please, no need to report a lot of people straight away.

 

And the reported users will be taken off.

 

@Sly Ripper, maybe disable reporting right now, unless they are associated with some specific user id?

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

I will give you that but to be fair I didn’t realise it was his third strike on FFXV. Still it is not the best game to cheat against me I suppose. I would be more than happy for him to come back on though. 

 

I am not sure what my profile has to do with anything but Thankyou I guess.

 

I am sure you see the humour in my situation though stuck between a team account and you. One must laugh.

Edited by cjshaitan
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.