The AEW Discussion Thread

jackmadrox

3 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

We're talking rules and you mention they have been defined by the WWE in the last 20 years? What? As I told you, the fundamentals of wrestling rules were a thing before even Vince's grandfather was in the game. WWE in no way has defined these things. Individual promotions having their own rules? Sure. Back in the day many promotions had it illegal to go to the top rope, which meant a heel could get heat by going to the top rope when the referee is distracted in some manner. However the basic rules? 3 count pin. Submissions. Count outs. Tagging in and out. Having a certain time of time where a double team can occur. These are across all promotions. You can modify them a bit of course, such as AEW making it a 10 count rather than 5... but AEW still has them as a thing... they just ignore them whenever certain bad wrestlers have matches. Let me ask you also, say a promotion decided to do away with say the 3 count pin and now to win a match a wrestler was required to do 3 consecutive uninterrupted backflips then would you call it wrestling? I doubt it, though perhaps it would be a mistake for me to think that. You see, when I talk on this matter I'm talking about Professional Wrestling. You on the other talk about what you think is Professional Wrestling, but you're talking Sports Entertainment.

You see the thing is, the loose following of rules in AEW, which do exist, look at whenever FTR have a match for example, the rules clearly exist then, is a sign of Sports Entertainment. In pro-wrestling the rules are followed and what happens has to be within those rules, the cheating included as it ain't cheating if a rule doesn't exist, because Professional Wrestling is a contest. In Sports Entertainment the rules can be disregarded as needed if they are unhelpful to whatever entertainment the company is putting on. Hence why for example during the last MJF vs Christ Jericho match count outs stopped mattering as Jericho and MJF brawled in the crowd, as a count out would get in the way of the entertainment. Then later, after both men re-entered the ring, it came time for the entertainment of Chris Jericho to barely beat the count at 9 and continue the match so suddenly count outs existed again. 

AEW is Sports Entertainment. Deal with it mate. Your WWE hate is clearly as such that you wish to deny this. AEW sees the term as toxic, at least for the fanbase they wish to cultivate so they deny that they are Sports Entertainment, however, they are, and clearly at that, Sports Entertainment. @ReazonIzTreazon @skidmarkgn @Glorious Fury What do you guys say on this as you post often in the wrestling threads. Perhaps you never considered this but I do think I've laid out the solid case of AEW being Sports Entertainment. Might AEW be closer to Professional Wrestling than WWE is? Perhaps I suppose, but, the matter here is if they are Professional Wrestling or Sports Entertainment. As I said in a previous post also, legitimate pro-wrestling does break out in AEW at times, same thing in the WWE, but we're talking the company as a whole. Now if AEW is Professional Wrestling and not Sports Entertainment I'd love to hear the explanation of how say teleporting Matt Hardy is Professional Wrestling. Tell me how a man teleports as I'd really like to patent that so I can make a lot of money off it.

Both companies are Pro Wrestling. Sports Entertainment is a stupid term invented by Vince to dodge the Athletic commission and pander to sponsors. Nobody says they're going to see a Sports Entertainment show.

That said, I do not want to be dragged into a debate with you Rozalia. As I've said before and now others have pointed out, your overwhelming negativity is exhausting and it's not for me, thanks.

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

-Okay cool, you agree with me that AEW is sports entertainment

-Why wouldn't it be?

Yeah, I agree that AEW is sports entertainment, I also agree with anyone who says it's professional wrestling because the labels are meaningless, in today's world they're the same damn thing.  

You've seen the way the world operates today right?  It takes next to nothing for cancel culture to target anyone these days.  Why would anyone wanna risk being erased to pander to the few purists left out there when the majority doesn't care anymore?  And yes, it is the majority.

As for Orange Cassidy, the fact is that Orange Cassidy is the reason djb5f said they're gonna watch AEW.  I can't speak to whether or not they're an AEW fan right now or what their opinion of Orange is after the fact but, regardless of your opinion of Cassidy, he drew someone in. Period. Step one accomplished.

Edited by skidmarkgn

11 hours ago, ReazonIzTreazon said:

Both companies are Pro Wrestling. Sports Entertainment is a stupid term invented by Vince to dodge the Athletic commission and pander to sponsors. Nobody says they're going to see a Sports Entertainment show.

That said, I do not want to be dragged into a debate with you Rozalia. As I've said before and now others have pointed out, your overwhelming negativity is exhausting and it's not for me, thanks.

Before Vince coined the term Sports Entertainment opponents of his just called it entertainment wrestling so no, this all didn't begin when Vince coined the term.

I don't see how this is negativity from me. I'm dealing with someone who is putting forward that AEW is some pure form of Pro-Wrestling while it is clearly just Sports Entertainment. I've made no real comment on the matter of Sports Entertainment. All wrestling today is Sports Entertainment, it is what it is, and if I couldn't stand such a thing I would not be able to watch anything.

11 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Yeah, I agree that AEW is sports entertainment, I also agree with anyone who says it's professional wrestling because the labels are meaningless, in today's world they're the same damn thing.  

You've seen the way the world operates today right?  It takes next to nothing for cancel culture to target anyone these days.  Why would anyone wanna risk being erased to pander to the few purists left out there when the majority doesn't care anymore?  And yes, it is the majority.

As for Orange Cassidy, the fact is that Orange Cassidy is the reason djb5f said they're gonna watch AEW.  I can't speak to whether or not they're an AEW fan right now or what their opinion of Orange is after the fact but, regardless of your opinion of Cassidy, he drew someone in. Period. Step one accomplished.

The label is meaningless because actual Professional Wrestling companies don't exist. Easy to not have your claim disputed if the real thing is dead. Though yes, I do agree that it is quite pointless to talk about what is real or not. This is only happening because somebody else here is putting forward that AEW is Professional Wrestling while WWE is not, when if AEW is Professional Wrestling then WWE certainly is also. So you have only agreed with me again in conclusion.

Is that why Jim Cornette is cancelled? Is that why MJF is cancelled? Riddle who was accused of rape? What about the dreg that is Nick Gage? I didn't expect to have to argue on the matter of "cancel culture" here but sure, I'll address it. Do you know why the people part of that mob will when attacked state that there is "no such thing as cancel culture. Just look at X person we tried to cancel and failed heavily at as evidence"? Because the progressive cancel mob are, like the religious cancel mob before them, a heavily disliked group who gets by more on the perception of having power than actually having power. They cancel people because those targeted buckle in fear of them. Note however, when someone has no fear and stands their ground. The cancel mob's threats are quickly found to be empty as they do not have the power that they are feared to have.

And he hasn't made a post here since. Curious. Bad jokes might get people looking in, I never said elsewise. It'll just more likely than not quickly kill a possible fan as "Pro-Wrestling is fake garbage" will quickly plant itself in their mind. Why are you even arguing in favour of these things anyway? Tell me what the best content in AEW/WWE is? Universally from fans the response will be something that is Professional Wrestling, not goofs doing a clearly fake comedy angle/match, even if said fan likes such nonsense.

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

Before Vince coined the term Sports Entertainment opponents of his just called it entertainment wrestling so no, this all didn't begin when Vince coined the term.

I don't see how this is negativity from me. I'm dealing with someone who is putting forward that AEW is some pure form of Pro-Wrestling while it is clearly just Sports Entertainment. I've made no real comment on the matter of Sports Entertainment. All wrestling today is Sports Entertainment, it is what it is, and if I couldn't stand such a thing I would not be able to watch anything.

The label is meaningless because actual Professional Wrestling companies don't exist. Easy to not have your claim disputed if the real thing is dead. Though yes, I do agree that it is quite pointless to talk about what is real or not. This is only happening because somebody else here is putting forward that AEW is Professional Wrestling while WWE is not, when if AEW is Professional Wrestling then WWE certainly is also. So you have only agreed with me again in conclusion.

Is that why Jim Cornette is cancelled? Is that why MJF is cancelled? Riddle who was accused of rape? What about the dreg that is Nick Gage? I didn't expect to have to argue on the matter of "cancel culture" here but sure, I'll address it. Do you know why the people part of that mob will when attacked state that there is "no such thing as cancel culture. Just look at X person we tried to cancel and failed heavily at as evidence"? Because the progressive cancel mob are, like the religious cancel mob before them, a heavily disliked group who gets by more on the perception of having power than actually having power. They cancel people because those targeted buckle in fear of them. Note however, when someone has no fear and stands their ground. The cancel mob's threats are quickly found to be empty as they do not have the power that they are feared to have.

And he hasn't made a post here since. Curious. Bad jokes might get people looking in, I never said elsewise. It'll just more likely than not quickly kill a possible fan as "Pro-Wrestling is fake garbage" will quickly plant itself in their mind. Why are you even arguing in favour of these things anyway? Tell me what the best content in AEW/WWE is? Universally from fans the response will be something that is Professional Wrestling, not goofs doing a clearly fake comedy angle/match, even if said fan likes such nonsense.

This is so pathetic, you're wasting all this effort to prove me wrong because you think I'm trying to say that AEW is a "pure pro-wrestling company", when I never said anything like that. I distinctly said there's a clear and defined difference between WWE and AEW, which there is. Hell I even pointed out at one point that by YOUR definition of Sports Entertainment...that "Professional Wrestling" couldn't possibly exist...the same thing you just said here. 

You have an unhealthy obsession with arguing with people over wrestling. So what do you want to hear? You win? Sure...okay fine. 

YOU WIN ROZALIA!

AEW IS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT!

PRO WRESTLING DOESN'T EXIST!
TAGS SHOULD BE MADE 100% OF THE TIME OR WE RIOT!

THE YOUNG BUCKS AND LUCHA BROS. ARE GARBAGE WRESTLERS!

ORANGE CASSIDY IS A CLOWN!

Any of that make you feel better? Can you sleep tonight knowing I conceded to your indomitable will? 

For fuck sake...no one cares but you. Grow up. 

4 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Easy to not have your claim disputed if the real thing is dead.

Do you not remember me already saying the "real thing" was IMO dead, your honestly just going in circles for the purpose of arguing with everyone.

Ric Flair and Tommy Dreamer might disagree with your second part.

Jon Moxley is out to treat his alcohol problem.  

Get better Jon! 

Now this will piss people off I'm sure, how dare I say such things and all that, but... this was predictable enough. He was not that long ago getting all smashed up by that dreg Nick Gage. Him, someone that was a main eventer in WWE and then also AEW... at a mudshow, having some crackhead bum cut him up. I didn't say it at the time but now after this... what is Moxley's wife doing? Does she have any level of will to protect her wild husband? They have just had a child and she allows him to mess about with the likes of Nick Gage? They have a baby daughter. Does she want to risk the chance of having to tell her many years down the line that her father would be with her, but he just had to risk himself in a bum fight because he for whatever reason loved to wallow in garbage.

Moxley was my favourite of the Shield by the way. I think he actually is a talent so this ain't that I think he some complete waste. It is just very clear, especially after his time in AEW, that Moxley needs someone to control him and stop him from doing stupid nonsense. Moxley may have not liked WWE's control over him yes, but they stopped him hurting himself pointlessly. Now it is Tony Khan's hands and it is his responsibility to protect Moxley from himself... if he at all cares about Moxley's well being anyway. 

Oh and for anyone saying that I'm just using this to attack something I don't like. No. People drink, take drugs, and so forth for all manners of things. When it comes to wrestlers there is a big one. Pain. Moxley is one of those types who craves pain considering his love of garbage wrestling. It is likely his drinking relates to that.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

This is so pathetic, you're wasting all this effort to prove me wrong because you think I'm trying to say that AEW is a "pure pro-wrestling company", when I never said anything like that. I distinctly said there's a clear and defined difference between WWE and AEW, which there is. Hell I even pointed out at one point that by YOUR definition of Sports Entertainment...that "Professional Wrestling" couldn't possibly exist...the same thing you just said here. 

You have an unhealthy obsession with arguing with people over wrestling. So what do you want to hear? You win? Sure...okay fine. 

YOU WIN ROZALIA!

AEW IS SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT!

PRO WRESTLING DOESN'T EXIST!
TAGS SHOULD BE MADE 100% OF THE TIME OR WE RIOT!

THE YOUNG BUCKS AND LUCHA BROS. ARE GARBAGE WRESTLERS!

ORANGE CASSIDY IS A CLOWN!

Any of that make you feel better? Can you sleep tonight knowing I conceded to your indomitable will? 

For fuck sake...no one cares but you. Grow up. 

"WWE's circus act of Sports Entertainment and AEW's Pro Wrestling". Those were your words. What do you call that exactly mate? You could admit that you were wrong or at least misspoke, because stating that I'm targeting you for things you did not say is simply incorrect.

Imagine thinking that tags should be made in a tag match. Crazy I know. I'm glad, even if you are attempting to mock me, that in your hearts of hearts you now know the truth of these things. 

Yes I do care, which ain't the problem. The problem is those that don't care. Not caring is how we get pro-wrestling at its most unpopular. Not caring is how we get disgusting dregs, who need help and not bum fights, smashing themselves up in front of a small perverse crowd. Not caring is why we have an attractive woman like say Red Velvet almost breaking her neck on a stupid dive, twice, and may well yet paralyze herself one of these days. Not caring isn't just bad for me or anyone who thinks like me, it is even worse for those who get in the ring. 

9 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Do you not remember me already saying the "real thing" was IMO dead, your honestly just going in circles for the purpose of arguing with everyone.

Ric Flair and Tommy Dreamer might disagree with your second part.

Pro-Wrestling companies are dead is what I said. Pro-Wrestling still goes on. WWE/AEW both feature Pro-Wrestling on their Sports Entertainment shows.

Ric Flair is not done don't be silly. He lost a TV advertisement gig and that was it. Hogan survived worse and Ric's thing, the plane ride, only furthers his legend for a lot of people. Dreamer was smacked by Impact preemptively out of fear so I don't see how that is any manner of point against what I said. Had Impact done nothing then nothing would have happened and you know this. Also, do keep in mind that I'm talking about guys working.

I mean good for him getting help...but the question has to be asked. What does this mean for his spot in the Eliminator Tournament? Is he still appearing on shows or is it purely rehab for right now?

Seemed apparent to me that we were getting Moxley/Danielson in the finals, and Mox was likely turning heel. Are they scrapping these plans now that he's getting help?

EDIT: He's out. Apparently someone is taking his place tonight on Dynamite as they said Cassidy is still having a match. People are thinking it might be Punk now, which would be fitting after Rampage and having a thing going with Eddie Kingston. 

Edited by Viper

2 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Had Impact done nothing then nothing would have happened and you know this. Also, do keep in mind that I'm talking about guys working.

Meanwhile in non-hypothetical reality Impact did do something, they suspended him indefinitely.  My original point was there's always a risk of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and it going viral, with no context.  So again, there's no reason for a wrestler to risk that because a small minority bitches and moans it's not "real enough" anymore.

4 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

Good for him getting help. Elsewhere Jimmy Uso gets rewarded with tag team championship after 3 arrests for DUI.

Drunk driving that many times indicates poor judgement, carelessness, so forth. Doesn't necessarily mean a person is an alcoholic. 

3 hours ago, Viper said:

I mean good for him getting help...but the question has to be asked. What does this mean for his spot in the Eliminator Tournament? Is he still appearing on shows or is it purely rehab for right now?

Seemed apparent to me that we were getting Moxley/Danielson in the finals, and Mox was likely turning heel. Are they scrapping these plans now that he's getting help?

EDIT: He's out. Apparently someone is taking his place tonight on Dynamite as they said Cassidy is still having a match. People are thinking it might be Punk now, which would be fitting after Rampage and having a thing going with Eddie Kingston. 

This sort of thing has happened before when Fenix beat Penta in a tournament and got injured. Penta took his place. If AEW is consistent than 10 would take Moxley's place... though they could certainly kayfabe 10 being too hurt by Moxley to have it so they can slot whoever they want. I've not really been hearing Punk myself. 10 was who I've heard for the mentioned reason and also Miro for being the next ranked contender who isn't already in the tournament. Miro would at least give Bryan a single heel to face in this tournament because he'll beat nothing but faces at the current rate, and you imagine Miro would get his win back against Orange Cassidy (not 100%). 

1 hour ago, skidmarkgn said:

Meanwhile in non-hypothetical reality Impact did do something, they suspended him indefinitely.  My original point was there's always a risk of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and it going viral, with no context.  So again, there's no reason for a wrestler to risk that because a small minority bitches and moans it's not "real enough" anymore.

Lars Sullivan. Velveteen Dream. Matt Riddle. WWE in response to this sort of stuff did not let them go. Lars got injured soon after they wanted him cancelled and then came under crippling mental issues to where he couldn't face the cameras. Dream again, injured, returned and wasn't quite as good as he was (not right mental place most likely) and then a second bad event happened and they let him go. Matt Riddle did not get injured nor get any sort of mental issues. He is featured every week on RAW.

Now you might say that WWE is big time, so of course they could do this. You'd be wrong. WWE being big time and more corporate should actually make them more vulnerable to these things and yet they stuck to their guns. If they can do it then so can everybody else in the business. 

As I said, the cancel mob's power comes from the perception of them having power, not actual power.

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Didn't hate Miro being the replacement, he's not been getting much TV time and him going over Cassidy pretty handedly was a good look for him.  Most anyone would bet that Danielson's winning the whole thing anyway so a good match (like there's a chance it won't be) between him and Miro will be enough. 

8 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

WWE being big time and more corporate should actually make them more vulnerable to these things and yet they stuck to their guns. If they can do it then so can everybody else in the business.

Do you hear the "Woo" in the intro now?

Miro in the match is a good choice, no issue with that. The problem is they are going against their set precedent which would have meant 10 getting the match. All they needed to do was a very little thing. In the announcement state that 10 would have been in the match but he was too hurt to compete, hence, Miro. Tony Khan is supposed to be the booker of the year and goes over everything, yet he consistently misses these little fixes which would fix holes in his booking. 

Jon Moxley getting bigged up on the show. Right. Online I've been seeing extracts from his book and other things which make clear that the alcoholism is indeed from what I've speculated, the pain. Oddly, Moxley himself doesn't seem to blame his mudshow antics... the thing he does hate and talks against is... ladder matches. They give him pain but he doesn't get to get off on it as it ain't a crackhead bum slicing him up. Apparently he begged Tony Khan not to have him in a ladder match at one point but Khan would have none of it and told him he had to do the match. Apparently Moxley isn't that tough in standing up for himself if he doesn't have Rollings and Reigns with him. Come on Jon, you're a former WWE champion and being put in a meaningless multiman ladder match, just say no. What is Khan going to do exactly?

I thought they were going to pick Paige for the match, especially after the heels called for it, which would have been interesting. Picking the manager is however classic pro-wrestling.

What was wrong with Penta? Strikes were off, no energy to him, couldn't launch Dax correctly into the ropes. 

6 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

Do you hear the "Woo" in the intro now?

Vince has never been a big fan of Flair, and HHH who is a big Flair mark has lost his influence. Additionally Flair is no longer with the company and at the time this hit all signs pointed to Flair going to AEW, especially after being part of Omega/Andrade's match on AAA's show. WWE loves to unperson people who are with someone else, fitting for the evil heel empire. 

5 hours ago, ReazonIzTreazon said:

Marty Scurll is an even better example. He can only find work in Puerto Rico now.

Oh come on now. I'm talking about heels being able to do their stuff outside the shows, you know, like MJF does already, and I'm getting examples thrown at me like this? A guy who had sex with a minor? This is ridiculous.

Oh come on now. I'm talking about heels being able to do their stuff outside the shows, you know, like MJF does already, and I'm getting examples thrown at me like this? A guy who had sex with a minor? This is ridiculous.

What are you on about? We were talking about cancel culture, not heels keeping kayfabe alive. I think you're starting to lose it mate.

3 minutes ago, ReazonIzTreazon said:

What are you on about? We were talking about cancel culture, not heels keeping kayfabe alive. I think you're starting to lose it mate.

Cancel culture was brought up in response to me talking about how heels should be heels outside the shows too, so keep up. 

You think that Marty Scurll getting largely blacklisted for sleeping with a minor is cancel culture? 

Vince has never been a big fan of Flair, and HHH who is a big Flair mark has lost his influence. Additionally Flair is no longer with the company and at the time this hit all signs pointed to Flair going to AEW, especially after being part of Omega/Andrade's match on AAA's show. WWE loves to unperson people who are with someone else, fitting for the evil heel empire.

It's common knowledge that Flair was removed from the intro and lost his Carshield (or whatever it was) gig as a direct response to the outrage after the Darkside of the Ring episode. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Didn't hate Miro being the replacement, he's not been getting much TV time and him going over Cassidy pretty handedly was a good look for him.  Most anyone would bet that Danielson's winning the whole thing anyway so a good match (like there's a chance it won't be) between him and Miro will be enough. 

Miro was a great choice. If anything he makes things a little less predictable. While Danielson could still win the whole thing...I think Miro winning would be a bigger deal, especially for him being Hangmans first feud after winning the AEW World Title. Not that Hangman/Danielson wouldn't also be a big deal...they could easily go back down the road of Danielson wanting Kenny (though I expect Kenny to be getting some time off after Full Gear). On the flip side, Miro losing could fuel this personal storyline of his of being pissed at his "God" for punishing him...which could lead to CJ Perry (Lana) showing up...which I figured was inevitable anyways considering how often he mentions her. 

Excited either way.

2 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

It's common knowledge that Flair was removed from the intro and lost his Carshield (or whatever it was) gig as a direct response to the outrage after the Darkside of the Ring episode. 

If you are just going to ignore everything I say to repeat yourself then I won't bother continuing on this line of discussion. Same goes for @ReazonIzTreazon

All I'll say, again, is that the likes of Marty Scurll, who slept with an underage girl, getting wrecked is not him playing a heel nor has "cancel culture" come for him. Murderers, rapists, podophiles, so forth aren't being "cancelled" when they get blacklisted.

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

Miro was a great choice. If anything he makes things a little less predictable. While Danielson could still win the whole thing...I think Miro winning would be a bigger deal, especially for him being Hangmans first feud after winning the AEW World Title. Not that Hangman/Danielson wouldn't also be a big deal...they could easily go back down the road of Danielson wanting Kenny (though I expect Kenny to be getting some time off after Full Gear). On the flip side, Miro losing could fuel this personal storyline of his of being pissed at his "God" for punishing him...which could lead to CJ Perry (Lana) showing up...which I figured was inevitable anyways considering how often he mentions her. 

Excited either way.

The accepted wisdom of things would be that Miro should totally beat Danielson, though with an out for Danielson like Omega/Kingston/Whoever interfering during the match/attacking him before the match. That way Hangman, who you expect is primed for being the "guy" can have a feud with a heel and not a face vs face program with one of the most popular wrestlers in the world. This being AEW... such a result is in doubt and in fact Bryan's odds of winning are larger than Miro's. 

38 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

If you are just going to ignore everything I say to repeat yourself then I won't bother continuing on this line of discussion. Same goes for @ReazonIzTreazon

All I'll say, again, is that the likes of Marty Scurll, who slept with an underage girl, getting wrecked is not him playing a heel nor has "cancel culture" come for him. Murderers, rapists, podophiles, so forth aren't being "cancelled" when they get blacklisted.

The accepted wisdom of things would be that Miro should totally beat Danielson, though with an out for Danielson like Omega/Kingston/Whoever interfering during the match/attacking him before the match. That way Hangman, who you expect is primed for being the "guy" can have a feud with a heel and not a face vs face program with one of the most popular wrestlers in the world. This being AEW... such a result is in doubt and in fact Bryan's odds of winning are larger than Miro's. 

Works for me. If you didn't talk such bollocks then maybe you wouldn't be so easy to ignore.

I haven't ignored anything you said at all. You're trying to spin why Ric Flair was removed, I disagree because simple logic makes it obvious.  An accusation of sexual misconduct comes up on an episode of Dark Side of the Ring which is met with general outrage.  The man accused is immediately removed from the WWE intro, his merch is pulled and he's let go from his outside endeavors, another man who jokingly comments on the situation is immediate suspended indefinitely but you're right, one thing definitely has nothing to do with the other.

And I never brought up Marty Scurll as I don't know anything about his situation. If he's sleeping with underage girls he should be blacklisted.

1 minute ago, skidmarkgn said:

I haven't ignored anything you said at all. You're trying to spin why Ric Flair was removed, I disagree because simple logic makes it obvious.  An accusation of sexual misconduct comes up on an episode of Dark Side of the Ring which is met with general outrage.  The man accused is immediately removed from the WWE intro, his merch is pulled and he's let go from his outside endeavors, another man who jokingly comments on the situation is immediate suspended indefinitely but you're right, one thing definitely has nothing to do with the other.

And I never brought up Marty Scurll as I don't know anything about his situation. If he's sleeping with underage girls he should be blacklisted.

Ric Flair already wasn't with the WWE when that happened. I don't think Flair is going to suffer much from this but again, this is me saying guys should act like they do on the show as they do out of it... and I'm getting talk of guys getting trouble for sexual assaults back. Are my posts getting taken as me saying that heels should be out there raping women? If not then why all these types of examples being thrown at me by people. As for Dreamer, who talked as himself and not a "character", was not joking when he made those comments. He was very serious.

To give the full context, from memory. He did a talk or something to some people which included the girl. This is why some say he was her "teacher" and so held power over her based off that, but from what I've seen that is nonsense, though obviously the age difference and him being known as a "star" to her would give him some power over her sure. He kissed her and got her to give him a blowjob and I don't remember if he penetrated her or not, someone stopped it. Now the thing is, and the reason he isn't in prison, the age of content where this took place is 16, which was her age, so he had legal sexual relations with a minor (if he actually was her teacher he'd have been arrested). Of course legal or not, having sex with a minor is a big no no in polite society (unless you're close in age anyway).

The now woman in Marty's case also accused several other guys of this sort of thing, Joey Ryan and such. In terms of evidence relating to Marty she had texts that showed Marty apologising to her father for kissing her, stating that he was drunk and that it would never happen again. Marty in response to the accusation... admitted it all and did one of those responses where you state it was all legal but of course that isn't the point and he hates that it was bad for her and all that. Who can say of course but had he only admitted to the drunken kissing and denied everything else then he might well be in a better state today.

Ric Flair already wasn't with the WWE when that happened. I don't think Flair is going to suffer much from this but again, this is me saying guys should act like they do on the show as they do out of it... and I'm getting talk of guys getting trouble for sexual assaults back. Are my posts getting taken as me saying that heels should be out there raping women? If not then why all these types of examples being thrown at me by people.

I'm going to reset this back to my original point.  It started when you brought up heels always being in character and asked why they shouldn't, so I'll answer that question again a bit more thoroughly without the escalation.

It is an ever present possibility that a heel wrestler, while in character, says the wrong thing to the wrong person.  That statement gets videoed one way or the other.  The video then gets spread with out any context to the rest of the non-wrestling-fan world and said career is potentially over.  Even if the situation resolves the stain on their reputation is permanent.  I'm not saying it's a guarantee.  I'm not even saying there's a strong possibility.  I'm saying it's a potential risk.  Now, weigh the risk vs. reward.  The risk has already been laid out, the reward... you earn the admiration of a small sect of fans while the majority, who are most likely fans regardless won't care.  That, to me, isn't worth it.  I get the accusations against Flair were for an action and not a comment but Dreamer got canceled because of a comment, I don't give a shit that he wasn't "in character" because the average person won't make the distinction between in character or not in a public setting.  That's my view and it isn't gonna change.  If you're getting frustrated with my responses then let me help you.  Quit asking people for their opinions and then telling them they're wrong.  All you gotta do is say "I disagree" and, if you're so inclined, explain why,  I know constantly being told I'm wrong about subjective topics rubs me the wrong way and judging from the responses others are starting to give you I'd guess I'm not alone.

Also, I've not once commented about Scurll (with the exception of saying I don't know the story and he should be out if he's messing with minors) and I have never had any intention to use him as an example, so I don't know why you keep on insisting on bringing him up when you're responding to me

Edit- I wanted to do this in a separate post as it's unrelated but the site disagreed.  So, Holy crap, just saw the news about WWE's recent releases and damned if they don't keep making me go back on my word.  In my defense, never thought in a million years Kieth Lee would be someone who'd be out.  If it truly is just budget cuts and not due to health (if it is I'd much rather him focus on that) then... yes please. Afterwards, I promise, Bray Wyatt and no more.

Edited by skidmarkgn

21 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I'm going to reset this back to my original point.  It started when you brought up heels always being in character and asked why they shouldn't, so I'll answer that question again a bit more thoroughly without the escalation.

It is an ever present possibility that a heel wrestler, while in character, says the wrong thing to the wrong person.  That statement gets videoed one way or the other.  The video then gets spread with out any context to the rest of the non-wrestling-fan world and said career is potentially over.  Even if the situation resolves the stain on their reputation is permanent.  I'm not saying it's a guarantee.  I'm not even saying there's a strong possibility.  I'm saying it's a potential risk.  Now, weigh the risk vs. reward.  The risk has already been laid out, the reward... you earn the admiration of a small sect of fans while the majority, who are most likely fans regardless won't care.  That, to me, isn't worth it.  I get the accusations against Flair were for an action and not a comment but Dreamer got canceled because of a comment, I don't give a shit that he wasn't "in character" because the average person won't make the distinction between in character or not in a public setting.  That's my view and it isn't gonna change.  If you're getting frustrated with my responses then let me help you.  Quit asking people for their opinions and then telling them they're wrong.  All you gotta do is say "I disagree" and, if you're so inclined, explain why,  I know constantly being told I'm wrong about subjective topics rubs me the wrong way and judging from the responses others are starting to give you I'd guess I'm not alone.

Also, I've not once commented about Scurll (with the exception of saying I don't know the story and he should be out if he's messing with minors) and I have never had any intention to use him as an example, so I don't know why you keep on insisting on bringing him up when you're responding to me

Edit- I wanted to do this in a separate post as it's unrelated but the site disagreed.  So, Holy crap, just saw the news about WWE's recent releases and damned if they don't keep making me go back on my word.  In my defense, never thought in a million years Kieth Lee would be someone who'd be out.  If it truly is just budget cuts and not due to health (if it is I'd much rather him focus on that) then... yes please. Afterwards, I promise, Bray Wyatt and no more.

Opponents of Wrestling: Wrestling is fake hahaha, only stupid people watch it.

Also Opponents of Wrestling: That bad guy said a naughty thing. OUTRAGEOUS. 

Not that it even seems to happen. MJF gets little in the way of pushback. What exists of the progressive mob within the wrestling fanbase, big supporters of AEW by the way as they see that as a company they can try to get some measure of control over, has to basically suffer the fact they can't do a single thing to Cornette. Do they even try attacks on him anymore? They've never had the desired effect, always the opposite. The pro-wrestling fanbase is not bought into the stuff you're scaremongering about mate, and they will surround and protect anyone targeted by such people. Have some faith. 

Reazon did and I was responding to both of you at the same time. As you did not know the story I told it in a effort to be helpful. Such efforts never get seen for what they are of course but oh well.

I have posted that news in the WWE thread. Keith Lee is a top Black male wrestler which AEW needs. Passing on Keith Lee and yet signing up with the quickness the likes of Bobby Fish will not present good implications I'll tell you that. Though, I actually am a fair person regardless of what people think, and Keith Lee clearly seems to be suffering from some serious health issues even after getting through the Corona as he simply cannot work as he normally would currently. Ironically, the way Vince wanted Lee to work is the only way he can work now which makes Lee being resistant to it look extra silly.