If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

13 hours ago, omnx-supak said:

No, if you earn a bronze medal in a sport or you get disqualified, it will stay in your record, you don't erase the medal, you embrace it. Trophies are just like that. The point of trophies is to show what you have completed and what you haven't. If the illminded deleted all the games that were too hard or cant be bothered finishing just so they have 100% completion? 

Lmao at these comparisons, you people take trophies way too seriously

And yes, they will have 100% completion in what? 10 games? How does it affect anyone having 100% in over 300 games? 

Edited by MichMasteR
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Wanting to hide your trophies makes you a rookie trophy hunter. If you can't complete this or this game you chose to buy, then don't hide it. It'll be there on your profile to show that you couldn't complete it. Trophy lists show what the player has and HASN'T achieved.

I understand that I'm a minority but what about people who just want to delete a game from their profile even they 100 % it? I have one game like this on my profile - Kitten Squad. Don't ask me why I played it. And you know what is triggering my OCD about this game except for it being a piece of shit PETA propaganda?

The developer didn't even care enough to make the game thumbnail image in a proper format. See the black borders? I'm more annoyed by this than by uncomplete games on my list ?

GTzImXt.png

On the other hand, I would never delete games like Overwatch for which I'm sure I will never get the Platinum.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

I would delete every single game that 100 percent is unobtainable or I don't have the motivation to finish. Would need a passcode or something secure so that not just anybody could mess up years of your life.

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

I understand that I'm a minority but what about people who just want to delete a game from their profile even they 100 % it? I have one game like this on my profile - Kitten Squad. Don't ask me why I played it. And you know what is triggering my OCD about this game except for it being a piece of shit PETA propaganda?

The developer didn't even care enough to make the game thumbnail image in a proper format. See the black borders? I'm more annoyed by this than by uncomplete games on my list 1f605.png

GTzImXt.png

On the other hand, I would never delete games like Overwatch for which I'm sure I will never get the Platinum.

What would the point of deleting a completed game? Same as I said before, trophies are here to show what you have played, completed and haven't completed.

We can't satisfy everyone's 'unique' desires. Soon someone will argue that they want only games that start with the letter 'A'...

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bosstristan said:

What would the point of deleting a completed game? Same as I said before, trophies are here to show what you have played, completed and haven't completed.

We can't satisfy everyone's 'unique' desires. Soon someone will argue that they want only games that starts with the letter 'A'...

It's our profile, if we want to delete anything it's our own business, dunno why in the world it bothers you so much when people wish for different things than you do

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

It's our profile, if we want to delete anything it's our own business, dunno why in the world it bothers you so much when people wish for different things than you do

No, when you play on Playstation, and unlock trophies, you play the same 'game' as everyone else. And just like every game, it has fixed rules.

As I said before, flexing rules in any game, whether it be a video game or a board game etc. makes it pointless.

Imagine a soccer player being bad with their feet and asking for the permission to use their hands... Or a chess player who would like to replace their bishops with rooks... It is inconceivable, because we all play the same game, together. And we all need to submit to the same rules. That's what defines a game : "A series of constraints we are willing to face''.

It's also the reason why you have your psn profile registered on this website.

Edited by bosstristan

4 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

No, when you play on Playstation, and unlock trophies, you play the same 'game' as everyone else. And just like every game, it has fixed rules.

As I said before, flexing rules in any game, whether it be a video game or a board game etc. makes it pointless.

Imagine a soccer player being bad with their feet and asking for the permission to use their hands... Or a chess player who would like to replace their bishops with rooks... It is inconceivable, because we all play the same game, together. And we all need to submit to the same rules. That's what defines a game : "A series of constraints we are willing to face''

.It is also the reason why you have your psn profile registered on this website.

This entire thread is a hypothetical exercise about a hypothetical new rule. You're fixated on how you interpret the current "rules".

Just because you can't understand someone elses motivation or want to make up reasons about their motivations for using or not using a hypothetical scenario doesn't mean they're wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

As I said before, flexing rules in any game, whether it be video game or board game etc. makes it pointless.

Imagine a soccer player being bad with their feet and asking for the permission to use their hands... Or a chess player who would like to replace their bishop with a rook... It is inconceivable, because we all play the same game, together. It is also the reason why you have your psn profile registered on this website.

Apologies for my ignorance, what.... "rules" are you actually talking about? You mean your imaginary ones? I have never seen an official booklet of PS trophy rules so you can't apply that to everyone else. Everyone sets up their rules however they see fit, for Sony, moving a save from one console to another and unlocking a bunch of trophies in 1 go is totally normal. To PSNProfiles, it's not.  

I played the games, some time after I realized I didn't like the idea of having them stick into my profile permanently (those 10 min plat games). If I had the chance to remove em I would gladly do so. If I did or not, it shouldn't affect anyone else, it is my profile, and if I have options, in the end it's my decision if I want to go ahead and use them. If you don't like the idea, no one forces you to do it.

As DaivRules said, it's hypothetical, if it ever happened, which its doubtful, I think a lot of people would use it. Some others won't. As I said, options won't kill anyone.

And next time don't use the "rule" thing, it really doesn't bring anything to the discussion, that's all in your mind and your way of seeing things, you can't force that into everyone else

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

Apologies for my ignorance, what.... "rules" are you actually talking about? You mean your imaginary ones? I have never seen an official booklet of PS trophy rules so you can't apply that to everyone else. Everyone sets up their rules however they see fit, for Sony, moving a save from one console to another and unlocking a bunch of trophies in 1 go is totally normal. To PSNProfiles, it's not.  

I played the games, some time after I realized I didn't like the idea of having them stick into my profile permanently (those 10 min plat games). If I had the chance to remove em I would gladly do so. If I did or not, it shouldn't affect anyone else, it is my profile, and if I have options, in the end it's my decision if I want to go ahead and use them. If you don't like the idea, no one forces you to do it.

As DaivRules said, it's hypothetical, if it ever happened, which its doubtful, I think a lot of people would use it. Some others won't. As I said, options won't kill anyone.

And next time don't use the "rule" thing, it really doesn't bring anything to the discussion, that's all in your mind and your way of seeing things, you can't force that into everyone else

For the record, Sony has protected save files to avoid using the save file from someone else.

Also, the rules I'm stating are the ones set by Sony at the moment, including the fact that we can't delete trophies.

I would also add that Sony is not a reference in that regard anymore, as they have been more and more flexible with their trophy system.

I wouldn't be surprised that in you few years, you'll be able to purchase trophies.

This is where another factor comes into play : morals, principles, ethics.

9 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

For the record, Sony has protected save files to avoid using the save file from someone else.

Also, the rules I'm stating are the ones set by Sony at the moment, including the fact that we can't delete trophies.

I would also add that Sony is not a reference in that regard anymore, as they have been more and more flexible with their trophy system.

I wouldn't be surprised that in you few years, you'll be able to purchase trophies.

This is where another factor comes into play : morals, principles, ethics.

What I meant is moving your OWN save file without syncing your profile before to another console and starting the game fresh in there with the old save file. It is still 100% allowed by Sony, PSNProfiles doesn't see it that way for obvious reasons...

Also that my friend, is not called "rules", it's called "features". Not being able to delete trophies at this very moment doesn't imply that it is set in stone. 

And this might come to your surprise but you can totally purchase trophies now... it is called Ratalaika games.

To me it's surprising how far and deep can people go about trophy hunting, you guys make it sound like a crazy religion the moment you are saying morals, principles and ethics are involved with digital "awards" that don't mean shit to anyone else other than yourself, hence why I think we should have the option, if we don't want certain "digital awards" in our profile then it's on us.

Edited by MichMasteR
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

What I meant is moving your OWN save file without syncing your profile before to another console and starting the game fresh in there with the old save file. It is still 100% allowed by Sony, PSNProfiles doesn't see it that way for obvious reasons...

Also that my friend, is not called "rules", it's called "features". Not being able to delete trophies at this very moment doesn't imply that it is set in stone. 

And this might come to your surprise but you can totally purchase trophies now... it is called Ratalaika games.

To me it's surprising how far and deep can people go about trophy hunting, you guys make it sound like a crazy religion the moment you are saying morals, principles and ethics are involved with digital "awards" that don't mean shit to anyone else other than yourself, hence why I think we should have the option, if we don't want certain "digital awards" in our profile then it's on us.

You'd be surprised to see that a lot of people 'go crazy' about 'stupid' things such as stamp collection, playing board games or such... That is not an argument. And I would also add that it is kind of conceited. We are on trophy website made for game enthusiasts, I don't see anything wrong with taking it seriously. Same as some forums take seriously role play in other games for instance...

What you call 'features' are part of a game design. You can call eagle vision a feature, il will remain part of the game design, aka what defines the rules of the game.

Definitely. I’d actually delete some platinums as well 

1) Sounds Shape (auto popped + missing dates)

2) Hotline Miami (missing date) I’d re-earn it again

3) Undertale (shitty game + missing dates)

I’d also delete many games that got remastered on ps4

Edited by TalalHmd

12 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

You'd be surprised to see that a lot of people 'go crazy' about 'stupid' things such as stamp collection, playing board games or such... That is not an argument. And I would also add that it is kind of conceited. We are on trophy website made for game enthusiasts, I don't see anything wrong with taking it seriously. Same as some forums take seriously role play in other games for instance...

What you call 'features' are part of a game design. You can call eagle vision a feature, il will remain part of the game design, aka what defines the rules of the game.

See, you are not wrong about that, I take it somehow seriously but not to a extreme level. Yet I do have a different vision than other trophy hunters, to me I would like the idea to get rid of some stuff in the profile, sure I could had played it on an alt or never even bothered to do it but well it's what it is... No going back. 

As for game design, trophies are not designed at all for that, they are just an extra feature, how did everyone else survive the achievement era before 2006? Back then we actually played to our own accords not being influenced by an achievement list of tasks. You were the one actually making your own rules. Sometimes I think achievements and trophies just screwed up gaming a little bit and I am guilty of it as well, sometimes I do check the trophy list before even starting a game. Still, if its a game I am dying to play I won't care about it and just try my best to finish it.

Edited by MichMasteR

1 minute ago, MichMasteR said:

See, you are not wrong about that, I take it somehow seriously but not to a extreme level. Yet I do have a different vision than other trophy hunters, to me I would like the idea to get rid of some stuff in the profile, sure I could had played it on an alt or never even bothered to do it but well it's what it is... No going back. 

As for game design, trophies are not designed at all for that, they are just an extra feature, how did everyone else survive the achievement era before 2006? Back then we actually played to our own accords not being influenced by an achievement list of tasks. You were the one actually making your own rules. Sometimes I think achievements and trophies just screwed up gaming a little bit and I am guilty of it as well, sometimes I do check the trophy list before even starting a game. Still, if its a game I am dying to play I won't care about it and just try my best to finish it.

Well, trophies are part of a game design. They certainly are external from the original game, but they are still rewards, for something achieved in the said game. If there was no game design, you could simply unlock them all in one click. Yet, it is not the case (for the moment).

19 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Well, trophies are part of a game design. They certainly are external from the original game, but they are still rewards, for something achieved in the said game. If there was no game design, you could simply unlock them all in one click. Yet, it is not the case (for the moment).

They are not, because you can play a Xbox/PS4 ported game in Nintendo Switch, you will still enjoy the game and never see that pop up notification show up ever and it won't influence your experience at all. Trophy lists come last to devs attention in most of the cases.

As for the pros of trophy deletion gathered in the thread:

- Delete lists with unobtainable trophies (Glitched or closed servers)

- Delete lists of games with DLC that was never released (and yet they still added it to the game list)

- Delete list from a game with modded lobbies (Call of Duty trophies unlocked by unintentionally joining a hacked lobby)

- Get rid of most of shitty Ratalaika games 

- Replay a game from scratch

- Missing timestamps lists

- Autopopping trophies by mistake (mind, with your own gamesave, not with cheating methods)

- Crossaving lists (Seen a lot of people regret Sound Shapes a lot)

- Delete lists that you will never be able to complete (Probably the most frowned upon in this entire discussion)

Probably more I am missing but it's just an example of the different scenarios of why people would actually like the option

Edited by MichMasteR
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

They are not, because you can play a Xbox/PS4 ported game in Nintendo Switch, you will still enjoy the game and never see that pop up notification show up ever and it won't influence your experience at all. Trophy lists come last to devs attention in most of the cases.

-Delete lists with unobtainable trophies (Glitched or closed servers)

-Delete lists of games with DLC that was never released (and yet they still added it to the game list)

-Get rid of most of shitty Ratalaika games 

-Replay a game from scratch

-Missing timestamps lists

-Autopopping trophies by mistake (mind, with your own gamesave, not with cheating methods)

-Crossaving lists (Seen a lot of people regret Sound Shapes a lot)

- Delete lists that you will never be able to complete (Probably the most frowned upon in this entire discussion)

Probably more I am missing but it's just an example of the different scenarios of why people would actually like the option

You hit the nail on the head 

it’s not just about the completion percentage 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

- Delete lists with unobtainable trophies (Glitched or closed servers)

- Delete lists of games with DLC that was never released (and yet they still added it to the game list)

- Delete list from a game with modded lobbies (Call of Duty trophies unlocked by unintentionally joining a hacked lobby)

- Get rid of most of shitty Ratalaika games 

- Replay a game from scratch

- Missing timestamps lists

- Autopopping trophies by mistake (mind, with your own gamesave, not with cheating methods)

- Crossaving lists (Seen a lot of people regret Sound Shapes a lot)

You don't understand my point. What I'm trying to say is that trophies have their own game design, in tight relation with the said game. What I mean by that is that trophy game design = what makes you unlock them, how they show on your profile etc...

Edited by bosstristan

On 08/05/2019 at 8:22 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

What do you guys think? Would you delete trophies if PS5 had that option?

Definitely. I will remove all my hidden trophies which include:

• one cheated game, not proud of it,
  • trophies obtained by the asshole who stole my Ps Vita,
  • recently my Ps3 failed me, I bought a second hand one in a game shop. I naively thought the profile was blank, but no. So I ended up with some new trophies without timestamps on my profile,
  • Ps Home trophies because I was just curious. This is an app, not a game, why does it have any trophies in the first place?

I'd probably only delete the two trophies I got from Agarest Generations of War Zero. I haven't played it in years, nor have I gotten the urge to. I'd probably go back and replay it some day. It's just a question of when I feel like it.

19 hours ago, MichMasteR said:

Lmao at these comparisons, you people take trophies way too seriously

And yes, they will have 100% completion in what? 10 games? How does it affect anyone having 100% in over 300 games? 

Of course we do. Some people take it harder than others. 

Like I said. If you hunt trophies your a completionist.

You do know that trophy level was introduced to incite competitiveness.

Why on earth would I delete my achievements in gaming? Are you embarrassed about something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omnx-supak said:

Of course we do. Some people take it harder than others. 

Like I said. If you hunt trophies your a completionist.

You do know that trophy level was introduced to incite competitiveness.

Why on earth would I delete my achievements in gaming? Are you embarrassed about something?

I am of some games on my list, yes.

I also posted a list of reasons why one would do it a couple comments above this

Edited by MichMasteR