If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

On 8/5/2019 at 7:22 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I wish there was an elegant way to hide trophies that didn't lump you in with the cheaters.

If PS5 offered the option to delete trophies I would probably cull about a quarter of all my earned trophies. Mostly I would just delete games I didn't really care for and that includes at least 3 platinums (Coffin Dodgers, Dying Reborn, The Little Acre). I would also delete my Sound Shapes stack because I don't like that I didn't really earn it a second time.

As long as I liked the game I would keep it, even those that I have an E ranking in but there has been a ton of games that I've tried, earned a few trophies in and decided I didn't like . There has also been games that others have started playing on my Playstation (Brave, Fallout New Vegas). Those would all go.

What do you guys think? Would you delete trophies if PS5 had that option? What would be your rules for deciding what is removed?

I would definitely want to delete some of my PS3 lists. I recently tried PS Now, earned one trophy for Dead Space 3 and don’t want to play it again because I feel like I should leave the PS3 in the past as I can’t enjoy it as I used to. Now I have a trophy list with 1% that is bothering me amongst with the other 1% trophy lists when I didn’t care about trophies and mainly played Call Of Duty (this was years ago).So yeah, I definitely would.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Startyde said:

No, trophies are a roadmap of your gaming life, triumphs and mistakes all at once. This altering of reality to fit some kind of perfection is unhealthy imo. 

But it's no worries anyway, Sony will never allow it because you'll create a false picture of trophy rarity for everyone else to satisfy some ego, aka games like Sekiro are now 100 percent common because the only people who kept it are those with the plat etc etc.  

Yeah game like Crypt Of The Necrodancer would be may too common. It would also probably ruin ultra rare trophy hunters as well. As for my own opinion I would not do it as like you said trophies are a roadmap of your gaming life.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2019 at 9:32 PM, Venocide said:

I'd only delete games if the plat is impossible to obtain. I'd love to remove Gran Turismo 5. 

I would love to GT5, metal gear 2, Yakuza 3, Dead Space, Max Payne, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & Vanquish

they are truly good title but I don't have the patience of no death runs 

I wouldn't delete any trophies of 'base' games, but I would love to have the ability to STOP trophy icons from DLC that I do not own appearing on my account. If I buy, play and get a trophy from a dlc pack, then fair enough, but if I've no intention of buying, playing and earning dlc trophies for a game, then the trophies should not be on my account!. Surely it can't be that hard to implement something like this, I mean it is 2020. Another thing, dlc is not part of the original game otherwise it would take away any platinum of the base game once any of it's trophies are earned. It is extra packs and I should be able to control whether I have those icons on my account.

Personally, I don't care about deleting games that I can't platinum - I've knowingly started games that had unobtainable trophies - but I would like to be able to have the option for unwanted games. My alternate PSN Profile (originally my primary) has a list of games that I didn't like littering the trophy list. Now it exists as a test profile to avoid it happening to this profile.

If we can now change PSN ID's (once said to not be possible), I think deleting trophies and adjusting the points is open to possibility. 

Additionally, it would be a saving grace to those who have the misfortune of getting into hacked online lobbies and infecting their profiles with cheated games. 

Edited by PlanetCheat
Additions

I think it generally is a good idea!

For people like me who don't really like "trying" random games, have completionist syndrome and almost always go by the book it would be nice to have the option of deleting something that you didn't like. And just to be clear, it's not like I always play the same type of games or games that belong to a specific genre but more like being too skeptical about trying games that I'm not sure if I will like them or not, that's why I haven't played Skyrim yet...

Also, I would like to delete one of my 2 hidden games, Digimon Cyber Sleuth. I bought it for my brother and and instead of starting it on his account he started it on mine earning some trophies before I realize what he did and making it impossible to delete them. It's not an unobtainable platinum, it just feels wrong to have trophies that I didn't earn by myself. Plus it really ruins my proudful collection :Ρ

PS: The other hidden game is Mass Effect 3, I earned its online trophies and I just dropped it to play it later when I feel like playing it. I just don't want it to always remind me that I have to play it with its incompletion.

Edited by Kiyan-13
  • Like 1

I'd be opposed to deleting trophies in games with "unobtainable" plats.  A game's platinum is only a fraction (albeit an important one for us) of the experience, and to throw everything else away just because 100% isn't viable devalues the time we spend on our hobby.  Also, the information provided can be incredibly valuable to players deciding which game to play next, and it'd be dishonest to screw up the data for other people to use.

• Like 1

I'm the type to mostly play games on my main acc because I have diverse interests, unfortunately not all games I try I end up enjoying and sometimes I earn trophies so therefore they cannot be removed. Yes I would like these to be gone from my profile along with trophies for games that have a platinum that is no longer obtainable. (like others have mentioned) I don't care if it screws up my milestones, I would just wish for the system to update my stats accordingly. :)

Edited by WinterHitman

On 3/5/2020 at 3:53 PM, charxsetsuna said:

I wouldnt but with games that are now unobtainable I would probably be tempted.

Exactly. Unobtainable lists should be totally legit to 'uninstall'. I wouldn't want to delete any other lists though, no matter how crappy, stackable, easy or insanely hard the trophies are (to steal the words from a certain someone, this burden is mine to bear). In fact, I'd love to have something like 'Mayo' as my Plat #100 :pimp:

But, being realistic here, deleting trophy lists - it ain't gonna happen. As an alternative, it would be pawsome to have some kind of advanced sorting feature for my trophy lists here, on PSNP. Like, a chance to re-design your profile by CATegories: Showcase with A-ranked games you want every visitor to see first, then something else, games you're working on atm, series or themes, and then - Garbage Bin category with all the stuff you hate, can't complete or just don't care about.

Edited by K0t0bl1tz