If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

10 hours ago, Starcade_Legend said:

Not delete, but let me start games with the option of selecting a trophy-unlocked playthrough or not.  Of course, you wouldn’t be able to suddenly jump into the middle of a non-trophy playtgrough and change it, but...it gives players an option to start and finish a game without obligating you to trophies.  1f914.png

that's what alt (or guest) accounts are for

14 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

that's what alt (or guest) accounts are for

True, but I think the average casual gamer doesn’t really dibble and dabble into playing games first on an alt, to not pop trophies.  I think the average (casual) gamer wants to have an experience with their games without being interrupted by trophy pops, by a measure that SONY puts into place (starting a new game WITH or WITHOUT trophies).  I don’t see any harm in having that option of playing a game, getting immersed into the environment, being enthralled into the storyline, without irritating trophies popping to ruin the experience for the masses of players.  ?

Of course, if it’s feasible (which I don’t see why it shouldn’t be)...?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I would love to delete some old games that don't represent my own gaming efforts, but when a friend would bring a game over to my house or a family member was playing a game. I was the only one in the house with an account and naturally, everything got played on my profile. Back as a kid trophies didn't mean much to me, but my profile now means a lot to me and representing my gaming endeavors. That's the most annoying part of the bottom of my trophy list is those games that a friend brought over for like an hour and I'm stuck with it on my profile. I would love a 2-3 factor authorization to be able to do it. I don't care about having a 100% profile, but I would love to see the day where my profile is solely my own.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2020 at 5:08 PM, Brainwatched said:

I would definitely delete any game I started but didn't enjoy, I want to have most of the games on my list completed but some certainly feel like a chore.

I concur. Nothing makes me cringe more than going through my trophy list and seeing a game I never finished due to it being god awful. To make it worse, since I earned at least one trophy, I can not delete it from my list. I hate having unfinished games on my list but I also know it comes with the territory. I play games because I enjoy doing so. There are certain games I know I will not platinum but I love the game series or franchise. But when its a game that is flat out garbage, that is when it hurts. I have finished a few terrible games just to avoid having a low completed game on my list. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for my weak english.

In my opinion simply delete the whole trophy function for PS5 would be the best option.

Personaly I'd like to delete some games but Sony will never insert a option for >1% games.

There're two main reasons why:

1. Company perspective: Sony simply doesnt care about trophies. Even the Level cap is still at 100.

The only reason why it was insert back then in 2008 was because XBOX had it.

2. Trophyhunter perspective: It would fucked up your trophylist. For example you played a game like CoD BlackOps 2. You played the story, a little bit MP (even achive the first prestige for the gold trophy) and then you realise that you need to do the zombie mode in order to get the platinum/100%. Then you realise that you are way to bad in zombie mode and cant get the platinum/100%. Problem is you are a completist so you simply delete the game and move on. Now the real problem begins: For example after one year you want to try it again in order to get all trophies. You start the game and play it from scratch but the data for the trophies are already saved on servers. What will likely happen if you start the MP and play one game? Maybe you'll get all MP trophies which you already earned at the same time. That'll result in illegitimate timestamps > profile looks cheated > flagged > can't really proof it > stay flagged > depression???

Yeah I would. That way I wouldn't have to use a different account for games I have no intention of platting. I could just use the one account and then delete when I want.

But another idea would be to have each and every game have a trophy switch off the first time you play. Kind of how mods prevent you unlocking trophies, it would ask would you like to have trophies disabled, then if you change your mind and like the game you could restart the game and then select to have trophies on. 

• Like 1

I would right now 100% delete all the trophies from Mars Odyssey!  Instantly!  I have all of the trophies unlocked, but the stupid thing will not sycn with PSN servers. The devs of the game just done care at all and will never fix the problem. Now every time I go to my trophy list it sits there for a few mins trying to sync that garbage until it finally times out. This would be the only reason I would ever want to delete these broken trophies!

Just now, Mr-Photo said:

I would right now 100% delete all the trophies from Mars Odyssey!  Instantly!  I have all of the trophies unlocked, but the stupid thing will not sycn with PSN servers. The devs of the game just done care at all and will never fix the problem. Now every time I go to my trophy list it sits there for a few mins trying to sync that garbage until it finally times out. This would be the only reason I would ever want to delete these broken trophies!

Wait, seriously? It glitches out if the trophy list isn't on the servers?

I'm taking that 3M game off my backlog now. 

Just now, Kittet3 said:

Wait, seriously? It glitches out if the trophy list isn't on the servers?

I'm taking that 3M game off my backlog now. 

YUP

and Yes. last I heard that 3M game is also glitched, not sure if it was fixed or not but I ALMOST played that one too!

I would delete a single game since it’s unobtainable, but I would never delete anything that can still be obtained. I think it should definitely be possible.

However, if it was allowed, I think should be capped at around 3 trophy lists to prevent hacking deletions as well as people deleting everything that’s not 100%. If capped at 3 games lifetime it would also largely preserve the rarity stats. It should also require 2-step verification.

Edited by Kal2210

15 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

I would delete a single game since it’s unobtainable, but I would never delete anything that can still be obtained. I think it should definitely be possible.

However, if it was allowed, I think should be capped at around 3 trophy lists to prevent hacking deletions as well as people deleting everything that’s not 100%. If capped at 3 games lifetime it would also largely preserve the rarity stats. It should also require 2-step verification.

I say make it a feature. Its down to individuals to take care of their security. Also, if people are giving out there personal info then in about 90% of cases I'd say its to avoid payment or something like that, so if they get hacked... fuck em. 

I'm sick of having to stay back to protect the stupid bastards of this world. Give common sense the control for once and let the stupids go the way of the dodo. 

As for actual deletion. I mentioned in another thread on this topic that perhaps it should all be down to calling a SONY line if you want to delete them for extra security reasons. Setup 3-4 secret questions with answers and if you 100% answer them correctly then you get clearance to chose what it is you wish to delete. If the option is there for mods to prevent trophies from unlocking, then its clear its probably a piece of piss to remove them. 

Plus the lines would be busy as hell and no doubt Microsoft would also catch on to it and there you have job creation opportunities. 

7 minutes ago, MrJAMBA said:

This feature should never exist. Everyone would delete the games they weren't good enough to 100%, and everyone would have perfect profiles. 

Suck it up, and own the games you played, finished or not.

It has nothing to do with that "git gud" stuff at all... I did the plat in some games that people may consider as "hard".

The main reason why I would like to delete games is the grind heavy stuff in games I didn't like at all.

- I loved GTA5 campaign but I am not so into that online stuff and grinding for like 100 hours to get an artificial level the developers thought would be great to keep you playing and buying shark cards. 

- I didn't like Monster Hunter World at all and grinding crowns for 250+ hours based on RNG and luck is nothing I consider an achievement or something I have to be "good enough" for

- There may be games you can't finish anymore because servers shut down long ago

- The developer adds fancy multiplayer grind stuff as DLC for a good single player game (like Uncharted 4) and you are not into that at all

- DLC trophies force you to play a long game for second or even third time and you hate doing so.

There are a lot of reasons why someone may want to delete games, but please stop judging them for that. Not being "good enough" is not always the case.

• Like 2

I really hope this never becomes a thing, being able to delete trophies would just completely negate the concept of collecting trophies and suck the enjoyment out of it for me personally and no offence to anyone but I don’t think there’s any excuse nowadays for playing a bad game. Extensive reviews are readily available and with a little research it’s pretty easy to figure out if you will enjoy a certain game, I don’t have the money to buy games on a whim.

I do However feel for people with games that have an unavailable platinum, if an exception to the rule exists then this should be it 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FullMetalSarok said:

I really hope this never becomes a thing, being able to delete trophies would just completely negate the concept of collecting trophies and suck the enjoyment out of it for me personally and no offence to anyone but I don’t think there’s any excuse nowadays for playing a bad game. Extensive reviews are readily available and with a little research it’s pretty easy to figure out if you will enjoy a certain game, I don’t have the money to buy games on a whim.

I do However feel for people with games that have an unavailable platinum, if an exception to the rule exists then this should be it 

Could not agree more. I cant relate to buying games I dont like.

• Like 1

I think it is actually better to not allow players to deleate trophy list for which we haven't at least got one trophy. The frustation of getting by some unknown reason one of your trophy list deleated without your consent is something I would never want to experience. Besides, there are alternatives for enjoying games whose platinums we are not interested in, let's say, for complexity matters or because of unobtainable trophies.