If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

Yes the trophies I have hidden are things i played early on in my playstation when i wasnt trophy hunting and just borrowed random games(things like driving and sports games which aren't my cup of tea) from friends plus when i sent my ps3 for repair the shop tested by throwing in some fighting games and earned some trophies which got synced too

• Like 2

On this account, nothing. Cause I took precautions and made sure whatever I added to my trophy list has easy-medium difficulty for on-line trophies. So I dont worry about not being able to 100% the game. 

On my former primary account. 

●The Last of Us (I finally had free time and put it on my list thinking that they wouldn't shut down the servers. Cause it hasn't even hit the 10 year mark. After I did... A week later they announced they were going to shut them down.. And I wasnt skillful enough to complete all the on-line trophies..

●Uncharted 2

●Uncharted 3

●Lost Planet 2** (It'll be fun he said.. Yeah, right.. I got even more pissed at the fact that the leaderboards got hacked..) 

●Killzone 2

●Killzone 3

●Fat Princess

●Street Fighter 4

●White Knight Chronicles (ARE THE DEVELOPERS NUTS?)

●NHL 10

●Ghostbusters 

●Portal 2 (Love the game, but didnt finish the on-line trophies cause there was on-line)

(STOP F***ING ADDING ON-LINE TROPHIES IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SUPPORT THEM IN THE FUTURE AND MAKE IT NOT AVAILABLE TO LATE STARTERS... OH AND ANOTHER THING.. STOP DOING ON-LINE LEADERBOARD TROPHIES... AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT...)

• Like 2

Would be interesting, if they done delete trophies, but pay a lil price, just like with the username change...like, want that game trophies deleted? fork over 5$ or something. That way people wouldn't abuse the option, since you'd have to pay real money to use that feature.

• Like 2

I wish we could delete trophies. I have some games that were from my cousin or my neighbour when I created my account. In my personal opinion, I think I should be able to erase these games. I didn't even care about the trophies back then, the games weren't even mine and I didn't have enough time to do like 10% of it's trophies. Not to talk about impossible games like NBA 2K10, which the platinum is unobtainable.

Why can't I have the option to delete them? Do I need to create a new account, like many 100% completion trophy hunters do, and lose 10+ years of in-gaming progress? Hell no!

For those who don't agree and say the trophies represent your gaming past, that's straight non-sense for me. I've played plenty of games that I didn't like (Bloodborne, Fortnite, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, etc) and I was able to delete them from my list because I had not achieved any trophies, luckily. I should be able to decide if I want that game's trophies displayed in my profile or not, without hidding them. It's funny that the most people that don't agree with this feature are the ones who have at least 90%+ completion, I understand, you don't want to see more people having better completion ratings without the real effort that it takes. In my experience, I don't really care about that, since I'm all about achieving platinums and I won't buy insignificant DLCs or do NG+ playthroughs because of 1/2 trophies, so my completion will never be close to 100%.

So, I've been thinking for some time about how they could do a fair method, making everyone happy about deleting trophies.

What if you could have your trophies erased but it would require some time to do it?

I'll explain, imagine if you could hide your trophies like you normally do, but instead, you would also have an option to selected a game or it's trophies which you desire to be erased and you would have to wait years so that it becomes available to delete them (for example, after 2 or 3 years of waiting). That would be fair, in my opinion, because you would still need to wait years to have them deleted, and not everyone would care enough to wait years to delete trophies. And for example, if your account got hacked and someone tried to delete your trophies, you would still have a decent amount of time to recover the account and it's trophies back.

I don't know, it's just an idea, tell me what you think.

Edited by t-i-g-o
  • Like 2

I just want to delete all the hacked trophies I have hidden from Black Ops 2. My reason is that I earned a lot of the trophies from that game legit INCLUDING Big Leagues. It really disheartens me that I have to hide my true accomplishments on the game because some loser in the zombies public matches hacked my list. However, other games that I failed to get the online trophies for like Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, I would keep on my list because I played the game before server shutdown and I knew of the risks and still failed to take initiative. I'm not perfect, and I don't want to be. It's just that it would be nice to remove the malicious stain of hackers off my list so I can earn the Black Ops 2 platinum legit.

Well I guess Fuel is one of those games id like to legit start over and earn the trophies. I downloaded a completed save file back in the day just to see if it works and how it feels when so many trophies pop at once. Now its forever hidden because I dont want to be banned from the forums basically.

12 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

I just want to delete all the hacked trophies I have hidden from Black Ops 2. My reason is that I earned a lot of the trophies from that game legit INCLUDING Big Leagues. It really disheartens me that I have to hide my true accomplishments on the game because some loser in the zombies public matches hacked my list. However, other games that I failed to get the online trophies for like Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, I would keep on my list because I played the game before server shutdown and I knew of the risks and still failed to take initiative. I'm not perfect, and I don't want to be. It's just that it would be nice to remove the malicious stain of hackers off my list so I can earn the Black Ops 2 platinum legit.

Actually, this a good point, and a really good reason as for why some people would want to delete their trophies. Hell, some may just want to platinum the game again without stacking.

I don’t see any detrimental thing in removing trophies from the profile, we can also delete save games (which would delete also any progress or in game achievements) so why not that too?

• Like 1

I sure would, but only dumb shit i couldnt care about or unobtainables etc.

Short list:

NBA 2K17 The Prelude - I dont even like basketball

Homefront - RIP the plat

Killzone 3

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake - Game i started because i was bored.

Fortnite - Fuck off

Battlefield 3

TxK - Unobtainable, what a great game to get for free

Escape Plan - Cant be bothered

Super Time Force Ultra - Little too hard for my taste.

Xeodrifter x2- Game i started because i was bored.

Le tour de france 2012 - Why did i even buy this

PAYDAY 2 PS3 - Dont like this game

Far cry 2 - Fuck off

Hope you like my subpar quips.

:)

Sony has been screwing up their trophy system of late.

I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed it up more in the future.

I remember a time when trophy hunting meant something. Now it's all about buying easy games which are multi lists and hidding trophies.

7 hours ago, Carttagos said:

Is this thread real? Come on guys, if you play something that you didn't want to finish, that's it, you cannot go back, think first before playing something. 

what if i did finish it and want to delete it? What's the problem with that?

14 hours ago, MichMasteR said:

Don't see why it should...I have like 2-3 platInums I wanna get rid of, which are like shooter/survival horrors I played at the beginning, but later on decided I wanted to focus just on RPG/JRPGs plats mainly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shiro189 said:

Don't see why it should...I have like 2-3 platInums I wanna get rid of, which are like shooter/survival horrors I played at the beginning, but later on decided I wanted to focus just on RPG/JRPGs plats mainly.

Same here, I want to get rid of some I am really not very proud of, or I want to replay a game and tackle all trophies again. I see people are so against the idea, I don't understand why it bothers them tbh.

It doesn't affect them in any single way. If you don't want to delete any then don't, others might have an opinion different than yours.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MichMasteR said:

That doesn't make sense, it is like you watched a movie and then wanted to delete your memory. Play with to kind of games, one for trophies and the other for leisure. 

• Like 1

Yea, I really don't see why some people would want to delete already completed games. Like, you played it, why would want to hide it?

And yes it would affect other people, for if any plays by their own rule, there is no point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Yea, I really don't see why some people would want to delete already completed games. Like, you played it, why would want to hide it?

And yes it would affect other people, for if any plays by their own rule, there is no point.

You could argue there is no point on trophies... same thing applies

No one really cares about what you finish or what not, still don't understand why this would actually affect others.

12 hours ago, Carttagos said:

That doesn't make sense, it is like you watched a movie and then wanted to delete your memory. Play with to kind of games, one for trophies and the other for leisure. 

You comparing 2 way irrelevant subjects... when you play a port of a game, lets say Resident Evil 4. You are still playing the game again, you still are getting the same trophies for it. You didn't delete it from your memory but you are doing it again, same thing applies here.

Edited by MichMasteR

1 hour ago, MichMasteR said:

You could argue there is no point on trophies... same thing applies

No one really cares about what you finish or what not, still don't understand why this would actually affect others.

You comparing 2 way irrelevant subjects... when you play a port of a game, lets say Resident Evil 4. You are still playing the game again, you still are getting the same trophies for it. You didn't delete it from your memory but you are doing it again, same thing applies here.

Trophies has always existed but as a achievements, so you are not correct in that point but as for no one cares, that is true, no one cares about that. 

If you don't want trophies in your main acc, create another one and play those games that you don't want trophies to pop up. 

It's a waste of time and money for game companies to do that but we can apply the same argument that you mentioned before: no one cares about a trophy set that you didn't want to get, couldn't get, hacked, etc. 

My opinion is that it wouldn't be necessary to do that for next gen or never, it is just a great system but we have to be very carefully with what we play, that is why I suggest to create two accounts.

11 minutes ago, Carttagos said:

Trophies has always existed but as a achievements, so you are not correct in that point but as for no one cares, that is true, no one cares about that. 

If you don't want trophies in your main acc, create another one and play those games that you don't want trophies to pop up. 

It's a waste of time and money for game companies to do that but we can apply the same argument that you mentioned before: no one cares about a trophy set that you didn't want to get, couldn't get, hacked, etc. 

My opinion is that it wouldn't be necessary to do that for next gen or never, it is just a great system but we have to be very carefully with what we play, that is why I suggest to create two accounts.

Why are you guys so against having options? I am not saying it is a necessity but having it as an optional feature doesn't hurt anyone. It is in the end your own profile, sure you can hide whatever you don't want in your list (but you still can see it). 

It could actually also be limited as some people mentioned in this thread, let us delete 1 or 2 lists per year so it doesn't get abused. As mentioned, someone could had joined a random lobby and get em hacked, some will shut down servers so you have an incomplete list forever, someone would had used a gamesave a decade ago and unlocked a bunch in a row.

I know I am just rambling around for something that won't ever happen but still, I would be open to the idea. Let us customize and control our profile however we see it fit.

Coming from the Xbox community this is one of the most requested features aswell, Microsoft possibly won't do it either but there is demand for it

Edited by MichMasteR
  • Like 1