Block Status Updates

TheYuriG

Thinking about this for a while, would it be possible to not new show content from people you add to ignore? Both threads and status updates alike. It was one of the things bothered me quite a lot before I left and still something I can't go around nowadays. It also could work both ways, people you add to ignore shouldn't be able to see your status updates or threads you create. I mean, the person already can't reply to your status update, what is the point of them seeing it? Possibility of interaction is already close to zero anyway.

EDIT: in case I'm talking about 2 new options, one of them is hiding your new content from people you added to ignore and the second option is to hide the new content from people you added to ignore. There are scenarios where I just don't wanna see someone spamming stuff but I have nothing against them as people so I don't mind if they reply to me or comment my status updates.

EDIT2: This would have been SOOOOO handful a few months ago when we still had a ^-^ certain ^-^ user ^-^ among ^-^ us, if you who I'm referring to. Nothing against the person, just not fond of the spam he did.

EDIT3: this was causing some confusion, added a bunch of 'new' to where I said 'content', so it should be more clear that my request is only to hide new content, just like the title of this thread says. Old content should still be visible if you go directly to the forum where the person posted or if you use any links that take to the thread itself.

EDIT4: Thropy_Hore gave me a new idea, should be possible to not generate notifications from people you add to ignore as well. If you look her post below, you can see how someone you added to ignore can still harass you in some other way than directly. Doubt that if you are already ignoring the posts of someone, you are going to be interested in seeing whenever the person quotes you, do you? I don't think so. Not saying that the person should be stopped from quoting the 'ignorer', just saying that the 'ignorer' shouldn't be alerted about it. EDIT4.1: Kuuhaku told me that this is already partially reality.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Any way this might be possible?

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 4

It'd be really hard to pull off the "can't see your created threads" rules especially for giveaways, contests, and helpful threads to games alike. I understand wanting to avoid interaction as much as possible, but they could make it to where they can't quote you, look at your profile, or status updates. I don't know how it works , but it may be the best the forums can do without isolating members from certain threads.

Being able to see your updates should be hidden. I definitely agree with you there.

It'd be really hard to pull off the "can't see your created threads" rules especially for giveaways, contests, and helpful threads to games alike.

Oh, maybe I wasn't clear when saying that, but my concern for hiding threads is only regarding the new content on top. I mean like, some people are very trigger happy with creating new threads when they get a new game instead of using google for that. It's the kind of thing I'm talking about. If you check the forums for Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard GirlsVALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI-MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies and some other nep game i forgot about, you can see what I mean.

Afaik even your ignored people can still quote you and you can see their replies so...

Oh, I wouldn't change that, actually. When someone you add to ignore quote you, you get the notification, but the actual post is hidden and you need to click 'show' to make it appear. It's still optional if you wanna interact with the person or not, but my suggestion wasn't going to change that. :hmm:

Edited by TheYuriG

This would be nice.

Fun fact: you can like --> unlike --> like someone's post ad infinitum to flood their notification box.

Someone I blocked used an autoclicking software to troll me with this; I'd have 50+ notifications each time I checked PSNP lol. This shouldn't be allowed to happen...

• Like 2

This would be nice.

Fun fact: you can like --> unlike --> like someone's post ad infinitum to flood their notification box.

Someone I blocked used an autoclicking software to troll me with this; I'd have 50+ notifications each time I checked PSNP lol. This shouldn't be allowed to happen...

Actually you gave me a new idea of what to do LMAO thanks!

This would be nice.

Isn't this easily resolved by just not ticking the box that gives you a notification every time you receive a like? I don't know why you'd want that anyway.

Isn't this easily resolved by just not ticking the box that gives you a notification every time you receive a like? I don't know why you'd want that anyway.

User interaction is one of the main draws of PSNP. It's nice to know when someone quotes / appreciates your post; it's a major reason many prefer it over PST.org.

But that's irrelevant. I couldn't care less if the "like" feature was removed, but I'll use it if it's there. My point is that this exploit shouldn't exist in the first place.

Oh, I wouldn't change that, actually. When someone you add to ignore quote you, you get the notification, but the actual post is hidden and you need to click 'show' to make it appear. It's still optional if you wanna interact with the person or not, but my suggestion wasn't going to change that. :hmm:

I've never gotten a notification when someone on my block list quotes me.

This would be nice.

If it happens again you should screenshot it and send it to a mod.

User interaction is one of the main draws of PSNP. It's nice to know when someone quotes / appreciates your post; it's a major reason many prefer it over PST.org.

But that's irrelevant. I couldn't care less if the "like" feature was removed, but I'll use it if it's there. My point is that this exploit shouldn't exist in the first place.

Sure, I like the interaction too, but but getting notified about every like is a bit much. If anything, I think that it would make it harder to see if someone quotes you or comments on your status. I guess it depends on how much you interact with the forum.

It's not like you can't see when someone likes your post without the notification. You can just check the "Likes" tab on your profile. Sure, you can't see if someone likes any of your old posts, but it's something.

Anyway, like kuuhaku said, I would just notify a mod if that ever happened again. I'm sure they would sort it out.

Edited by Undead Wolf

Oh, maybe I wasn't clear when saying that, but my concern for hiding threads is only regarding the new content on top. I mean like, some people are very trigger happy with creating new threads when they get a new game instead of using google for that. It's the kind of thing I'm talking about. If you check the forums for Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard GirlsVALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI-MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies and some other nep game i forgot about, you can see what I mean.

OK, that's where you're going with this. Yeah, I could see why that would be useful. To deal with people who don't use the search function or who solely use the forums for questions on games I suppose?

I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but I did add one user to my block list. I was highly disappointed that his status updates and topics still showed up. I finally just removed the block because it wasn't achieving what I wanted anyway.

• Like 1

I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but I did add one user to my block list. I was highly disappointed that his status updates and topics still showed up. I finally just removed the block because it wasn't achieving what I wanted anyway.

Same. I blocked a guy recently as he posted status updates that I considered spoilers. Nothing against him personally just didn't want to find out certain things til I was able to watch it for myself. Regrettably these updates aren't ignored. Shame

• Like 1

Not block threads you make as that will just mess up the forums.  For example, there would be more repeat threads if this was the case as the person you have blocked or they have you blocked, won't see that there's already a thread discussing the topic they are making.

Status updates however could be done.  It's kind of something that has annoyed me that this isn't a feature of the ignore system.

• Like 1

Not block threads you make as that will just mess up the forums.  For example, there would be more repeat threads if this was the case as the person you have blocked or they have you blocked, won't see that there's already a thread discussing the topic they are making.

You didn't read the OP, that's not what I'm talking about. Read the title again then read the EDIT3.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

Thinking about this for a while, would it be possible to not new show content from people you add to ignore? Both threads and status updates alike.

You didn't read the OP, that's not what I'm talking about. Read the title again then read the EDIT3.

I did read.  I couldn't get what you meant in Edit 3.. it wasn't exactly written well.

Edited by Stevieboy

I did read.  I couldn't get what you meant in Edit 3.. it wasn't exactly written well.

Not writing things as well as I would like to, that's one of my main traits, haha. My suggestion is only regarding new content: new status updates, new threads. Making them not showing up in the forum main page, but still being visible if you take a direct link to them or visit the latest status updates/game forums. Hoping now I'm more clear?

Edited by TheYuriG

Not writing things as well as I would like to, that's one of my main traits, haha. My suggestion is only regarding new content: new status updates, new threads. Making them not showing up in the forum main page, but still being visible if you take a direct link to them or visit the latest status updates/game forums. Hoping now I'm more clear?

Yes, that's a lot more clear now.