Trophy thoughts

KKrischanz

7 hours ago, Someguy42 said:

Does the faster ultimate charge help for the whole grand prix? I've heard some say that you apparently lose the buff after the first race.

Its strange. Ive had it for the all grand prix and sometimes its lasted just 1 race. Just in case go for it on the first race to try n get 1st 2nd and 3rd and the it will give u a massive advantage in the last 3 races with a good lead

8 hours ago, Someguy42 said:

Does the faster ultimate charge help for the whole grand prix? I've heard some say that you apparently lose the buff after the first race.

Item boxes only last for one race, but in grand prix, it'll automatically consume another box for each race until you run out

29 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Item boxes only last for one race, but in grand prix, it'll automatically consume another box for each race until you run out

Ahh, I guess that was what caused the confusion. Thank you for that detail.

• 1 month later...

I really hated the story tournaments key challenges, it's always about this stupid goal of one of your drunk A.I teammates to get first place on every race, I just wonder how everyone is doing it.

I tried to do them with my brother on couch co op and suddenly the CPU racers became way much faster despite the difficulty is set to normal and my brother is not very skilled on this game, and then there's these assholic tournament key challenges that ask the same requirements above but now you need to finish the tournament while collecting 170 or something rings and the CPU is always have the earthquake or lightning wisps to let you lose all the rings you have collected before passing the finish line, just WTF?

sumo digital is really among the worst devs I ever seen that love this BS about get more controllers, and they really suck ass when it comes to time limits, speaking of time the time attack menu is among the worst I ever seen... so thankfully there's no frustrating sumo ghosts to beat in this game but now you need to beat one of your friend's time. the problem is that none of my friends who own this game ever bother to set a time record on a course, they just move on to play CTR, so I had to use my brother's account to set a time then went to my account to beat it...... wait a minute.... there's no freaking " find your friends on the leaderboard ".... so I need to find my brother's name the tedious way and........ WTF? there's no page quick jump button too?

so now I had to scroll all the way down to find him and it took about half an hour or so to find him all the way to 3400 place in the leaderboard then I beat his time and the trophy didn't pop up, I looked at the trophy guide and it say you need to beat your friend's ghost.. not the time....

**** this game and **** Shitto Digital!

Edited by yellowwindow7

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm having a lot of trouble with the AI. I always pass every item in the race to them, but they keep finishing last. I don't know what to do anymore. For the normal races it's fine, but for the key objectives and the Grand Prix it's frustrating.

Who thought it would be a good idea to release a game that you gotta hope your AI teammates do their job to achieve the goals?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

What pissed me off is the trophy guide for this game is too far off in terms of difficulty, skill and time needed to platinum this game.

I've done my share of hard games, even though I mostly prefer easy to medium difficulty level games because you guys know me, I like to rant and bitch here on the forums whenever a difficult challenge pisses me off. Team Sonic Racing has a bunch of these, including depending on computer AI that hopefully do their job. Took ages to do every Grand Prix event, some of those key requirements were horrible.

This is at least a 6 out of 10 in difficulty and around 30 to 40 hours to platinum. The people who earned this platinum in under two days are fucking insane. My hats off to them, because they are more skilled and talented than I am.

Definitely a lot of practice needed and definitely a lot of patience. Otherwise you can just forget about the platinum trophy in this game. Plenty of other racing games on the PS4 and PS5 that are far easier and likely more enjoyable than this.

Reading these comments, I honestly think people are just getting too used to easy plats.  Yes there is some challenge in Team Sonic Racing but its nothing really hard.  I think 4/10 difficulty is about right.  There are some races that may take a handful of attempts but so what, whats the fun of playing if you can do every race and challenge on the first attempt.

• Like 2

On 27/4/2022 at 10:20 AM, running_Amok_86 said:

Reading these comments, I honestly think people are just getting too used to easy plats.  Yes there is some challenge in Team Sonic Racing but its nothing really hard.  I think 4/10 difficulty is about right.  There are some races that may take a handful of attempts but so what, whats the fun of playing if you can do every race and challenge on the first attempt.

The issue is the AI. I can accept a difficult platinum that challenges you to learn to play at its hardest difficulty (CTR for instance), however Sonic it's just bullshit, you can be as good as you want, your teammates are dumb and slow and will always somehow manage to finish last. If my teammates AI would have been as good and smart as the enemies, I would have accepted the challenge, however it's just frustrating... it's just a matter of spamming item boxes to your team. Wow so much fun.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 0:39 AM, TheronCroft said:

The issue is the AI. I can accept a difficult platinum that challenges you to learn to play at its hardest difficulty (CTR for instance), however Sonic it's just bullshit, you can be as good as you want, your teammates are dumb and slow and will always somehow manage to finish last. If my teammates AI would have been as good and smart as the enemies, I would have accepted the challenge, however it's just frustrating... it's just a matter of spamming item boxes to your team. Wow so much fun.

I share the same thoughts. Grand Prix events basically come down to RNG. I had to restart them several times because of my stupid AI teammates. Was always fun when I was leading in first place for three of the four races, only to fail at the final race and start all over again.

• 4 weeks later...