Trophy Thoughts?

Paul

On 7/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, majob said:

I bet most of you probably don't even know about Otogi which was a Souls game before Souls was even a thing.

If you compare Otogi to anything, it's gotta be Shinobi (same gen). None of the Soulsborne games are anything like it...besides having a sword.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dj_helyx said:

If you compare Otogi to anything, it's gotta be Shinobi (same gen). None of the Soulsborne games are anything like it...besides having a sword.

In the context of today where everyone compares any game with substantial difficulty with the Souls series, not in that the gameplay is similar, which they are not. 

27 minutes ago, majob said:

In the context of today where everyone compares any game with substantial difficulty with the Souls series

You're better than that, surely. A better comparison would have been me not knowing my ass from a hole in the ground.

Edited by dj_helyx
education

1 minute ago, dj_helyx said:

You're better than that, surely. A better comparison would have been Ninja Gaiden due to the health drain from your sword.

It's more about putting it in a context "younger" gamers would understand and wouldn't the comparison be better with Shinobi still considering that was the game and not Ninja Gaiden with the  health draining sword mechanic? Shinobi was a pretty difficult game as well but Ninja Gaiden was more well known.

• Like 1

Just now, majob said:

Shinobi was a pretty difficult game as well but Ninja Gaiden was more well known.

Hmm, good point. I really never cared for Ninja Gaiden, and though I owned Shinobi, I preferred Otogi 1&2. That's my mix up, apologies.

There are some discrepancies between the trophy list on the PS4 and the one this site. For example I just beat the Beverly Hills level and got the right trophy on the PS4 itself but the trophy list here has me getting the trophy for the Phoenix level. Also the trophy listed here as "Fake News" is called "Next Question" on the console list. 

• Like 3

On 7-8-2019 at 1:04 AM, NettoSaito said:

How have times changed? They STILL develop mecha games. It's just been awhile since the last one released (I think it was 2013 or 2014?). Either way, AC6 is only a matter of time.

I've never seen this weeb mecha shit in my life lmao.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 28/11/2019 at 6:46 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

"Trophy Thoughts" is the title yet there's 2 pages of hardly any reference to the topic, lol.

I'll revive this discussion.

Fun game with a relatively fun list but the S ranks are a massive chore. Because the game only got localised recently and it's extremely niche (as all pre-Souls Fromsoft games are) there are fuck all English guides and barely any Japanese guides to run through Google Translate either. You have to play through each level in a very specific way in a very specific time frame which reminds me a hell of a lot of Rayman 3's scoring system, though not nearly as bad. I recommend just finishing the game and not bothering with the plat to be honest.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

easily one of the most fun games and best ports ive played, and the trophy set is possibly one of the most creative ive ever seen. it seems like the porting team knew the game inside out and really did it justice with the cheesy voice acting and the very creative trophy requirements. they took the game and made came up with some really cool and fun ideas, like sinking all the boats with a cannonball weapon and ofc the good ol ringing of the bell. Lord of War and Motivated trophies i had a lot of fun with

Cowboys & Aliens trophy for some reason did not pop for me using the GRE-RH handguns, i switched to WRE-RH instead which did the trick

i really hope to see more collaborations between General Arcade and FromSoftware in the future!

5 hours ago, ifyucantbeatmeXD said:

Cowboys & Aliens trophy for some reason did not pop for me using the GRE-RH handguns, i switched to WRE-RH instead which did the trick

I spoke with the guide writer about this, and it didn't pop for you because of the weapons you were using -- the trophy itself is bugged, sadly.

It took five attempts with the GRE-RH handguns for it to pop.

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 1