Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

2 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

I'm excited for Elden Ring, I hope it's as good as it looks in the end. It's too bad you don't have KOF 14 as your 150th, then you could of had all 3 in a row ?.

Same, I can't wait to see what Elden Ring brings.

And yes, it would have been a good idea in hindsight ? but given how ass the online was (6 players needed) + my inability to hold a game with 1 unachieved trophy just for a milestone, it just didn't work :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, man. Really. P4A is a big boy completion among fighting games, certainly one of the biggest. That platinum was long overdue to join the cabinet of our local fighting game encyclopedia, guru and master. ?

Great write-up, too. My favorite part was the section about your fighting game history. Going from basically newbie to expert in three years, with most of the hardest platinums in the genre to show for it, is an amazing accomplishment. I'm certainly inspired to do better, and go as far as the fighting game rabbithole will take me. Wait for me, BlazBlue. ?

• Like 3

Good stuff! Great write-up. Interesting to hear your story of growing to like the  genre more only recently in 2019. That was the best part. This game is infamous for it's tough trophies but I feel it's overlooked by the FGC at large. I'm hoping the upcoming release of P4AU exposes the game to a wider audience.

My own personal qualms with it lacking rollback netcode aside, I think Persona as an IP and fighting games in general are more popular now than they were when vanilla P4A came out. So it should spark an interest in ASW and Atlus to green light a Persona 5 Arena. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Congrats, man. Really. P4A is a big boy completion among fighting games, certainly one of the biggest. That platinum was long overdue to join the cabinet of our local fighting game encyclopedia, guru and master. 1f64f.png

Great write-up, too. My favorite part was the section about your fighting game history. Going from basically newbie to expert in three years, with most of the hardest platinums in the genre to show for it, is an amazing accomplishment. I'm certainly inspired to do better, and go as far as the fighting game rabbithole will take me. Wait for me, BlazBlue. 1f918.png

Hah big thanks, BLAZBLUE AWAITS!

I can't wait for you to try Kagura, just to see how awful charge characters are ?it's like ... why make life even more difficult than it already is? xD

2 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Good stuff! Great write-up. Interesting to hear your story of growing to like the  genre more only recently in 2019. That was the best part. This game is infamous for it's tough trophies but I feel it's overlooked by the FGC at large. I'm hoping the upcoming release of P4AU exposes the game to a wider audience.

My own personal qualms with it lacking rollback netcode aside, I think Persona as an IP and fighting games in general are more popular now than they were when vanilla P4A came out. So it should spark an interest in ASW and Atlus to green light a Persona 5 Arena. 

Thanks :D yep, this game really felt abit overlooked, despite players really loving it. 

I think Arcsys would be interested in a Persona 5 Arena but I doubt Atlus would be on board with it anymore, given how uninterested they are in even bothering with Rollback netcode. But we shall see. Definitely crossed fingers for at least a decent trophy list!

And...yeah, I did realize it would be best for me to explain when I exactly started to seriously approach fighting games xD I still lack the Old Man Arcade experience. Glad you guys enjoyed the small history piece :D 

My main strong points still remain DMC and Dark Soul, as usual <3 

• Like 3

On 13/02/2022 at 8:44 PM, Copanele said:

Well, the time has come. After all this time, the main target has been achieved.

:platinum: 175 - Persona 4 Arena

Platinum Name: I am Thou...

Hardest Trophy: C'est Magnifique! - complete Score Attack with all characters 7Sb720a5.png

Difficulty: 10/10

Personal impression - 10/10 - another staple in my gaming "career" :D 

My god this game was a journey. Widely regarded as one of the hardest fighting game platinums, Persona 4 Arena was my final target and hurdle ever since I got into platinuming fighting games on Playstation. It was a long journey but I am glad to say that it really paid off in the end. It really is satisfying to see you finally achieve a target after putting in the work xD 

See you in the next one!

I wanna give you a massive Congrats on getting this done! I know you did quite a lot of this awhile ago & still had some hard stuff to finish off but it's nice to see that you have officially finished it off. It's yet another fighter that you have completed. I'm always extremely impressed by the hard fighters since the technical skill to get these done is so high. I have tried some things that fighters that I couldn't comprehend on trying to do & I know that you would probably show how it's done lol. This is one fighter that I've heard so much about & considering what is required, well there isn't really that many games as hard as this one. If you eventually go for Koihime Enbu RRR then I'm sure you will absolutely get that done. It's great to see you have pretty much everything done. I'm sure that there will be some funny posts if you decide to do Koihime Enbu RRR though lol. It looks like that you have a lot of great games to get on to so I hope you enjoy those. Well done again on finishing this game.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 3

Congrats once again for this colossal achievement!

It was really cool to read your story about your evolution as a fighting game player. It never really clicked in with me how feared this genre is until you pointed out that there are people with some brutal plats out there that won't touch a fighting game.

If I ever attempt this game, I still feel like I'm going to have a harder time with the trials than with Score Attack Mode. Either way, it'll be a rough time. I just looked up some RRR trials and dear god does that game look janky.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I wanna give you a massive Congrats on getting this done! I know you did quite a lot of this awhile ago & still had some hard stuff to finish off but it's nice to see that you have officially finished it off. It's yet another fighter that you have completed. I'm always extremely impressed by the hard fighters since the technical skill to get these done is so high. I have tried some things that fighters that I couldn't comprehend on trying to do & I know that you would probably show how it's done lol. This is one fighter that I've heard so much about & considering what is required, well there isn't really that many games as hard as this one. If you eventually go for Koihime Enbu RRR then I'm sure you will absolutely get that done. It's great to see you have pretty much everything done. I'm sure that there will be some funny posts if you decide to do Koihime Embu RRR though lol. It looks like that you have a lot of great games to get on to so I hope you enjoy those. Well done again on finishing this game.

Thanks friend! Well, since you completed Trackmania Turbo yourself, you would understand it: just as racing, fighting games are a matter of practice :D and yeah, you wouldn't have many issues with the genre, despite it looking like a 2 headed Godzilla monster from afar xD 

And again, just like racing games, the only true condition is to like the genre. If you aren't into it, it will be a messy relationship xD 

As for Koihime Enbu RRR...perhaps. I'll get to the details in the next quote, because RRR has something...different from Persona 4 Arena.

1 hour ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats once again for this colossal achievement!

It was really cool to read your story about your evolution as a fighting game player. It never really clicked in with me how feared this genre is until you pointed out that there are people with some brutal plats out there that won't touch a fighting game.

If I ever attempt this game, I still feel like I'm going to have a harder time with the trials than with Score Attack Mode. Either way, it'll be a rough time. I just looked up some RRR trials and dear god does that game look janky.

I am waiting for the day when you go for your Tager 19 life story as well ? 

Yes, to be honest, I said Score Attack was harder just because I had more experience with trials in general. Score attack is still no joking matter, especially when you reach Elizabeth, where you must do some mental gymnastics to predict her movement. She has so many instakills and insta full heals it's annoying.

And about Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai, I was looking forward to that game, but after playing it for 10 minutes, as you may recall, I said the platinum would be impossible for me. Now, to lay down the reasons why, for others that might also read:

• The trials are just as brutal as the harder KoF XIII trials, if not more brutal. Really, even in P4A, I think Mitsuru and Yukiko with her delays come close. So yes I am not ashamed to say that it might be beyond my skill. I know my limits hahah
  • There's so many frame perfect instances, if ThanatosNinja invested over 100 hours in this one, it would take me way too more to reasonably bother with. I don't love the trophies THAT much that I lock myself out from playing something else just for some moe fighting game. And before people might think that I avoid games due to platinums, here's my next point:
  • Game's really not that good. It's like a shitty version of Arcana Heart where the characters are not as Arcsys and have more jiggle instead. I think the devs started with boobs and then built the rest around them. Exception being the lolis obviously xD If I want some "quality" content, I know where to find it without having to explain to my wife why I am trying to dragon punch a little girl with my massive badonkers in a Japanese game.
  • I am not subjecting myself to torture if the gameplay is not pixel perfect. I played some trials and reached the dreaded "1 frame links" or whatever links they were. In Persona 4 Arena the gameplay was working silky smooth, engineered to perfection. In RRR...yeah the moves would come out whenever, OR they would feel very un-natural. Like, take a character who swung her Naginata. You have to wait for her to finish her swing AND readjust her idle animation by flipping her hair or something, because that's part of her move (even though it's aesthetic and not gameplay related), and only AFTERWARDS you can try and connect that frame attack. I...don't like this kind of nonsense ? Plus, I already played Injustice 1 and I don't want that kind of stupidity ever again.

So yeah in conclusion....it's not that the trophies scare me from trying an awesome game, it's the opposite. The game is not good enough for me to even try to get the trophies in it. At least in my opinion, I could simply focus on other, better games out there :D 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: 175 - Persona 4 Arena

Persona4Arena.png

Yes!!! Congratulations dude... Watching that video of the Mitsuru trial hurt my thumbs even watching it, let alone thinking about it!

Go you man! That was a hell of a good read..... and that's an understatement!  Loved the approach you took, too, of your gradual journey from Grasshopper to Mr Miyagi.... If I ever need someone to catch a fly with some chopsticks I know who I'm going to track down first xD....

I think these kinds of games that you gradually chip away at over time - then finally conquer, truly do end up being some of the most satisfying ones, and the ones you tend to remember for some of the longest time, in the best way possible..... This one particularly must have really gotten under your skin if its got you considering playing Persona 4. (I wish that would come out on PS4/5.) Especially as JRPG's will eat up your time faster than a fatty at an all you can eat buffet, so the fact you are even considering it is a huge ? for the game!

Enjoy some Artifex Mundi games

B-but..... they are so hard......Why would they be relaxing ?..... Nah, seriously though, I endorse that, I hope you have a good time with those too, they are nothing if not relaxing and Jesus, do you deserve a relaxing time after putting this one to bed, so chuck some slippers on, and go find some hidden objects..... Hopefully you won't have to consult google like I do sometimes when I read an object description that I don't know what the heck it is and have to do a great big "NANI?"

You've got some infectious positivity man! You've even got me second guessing whether I should dabble with another fighter or two. After only really playing two.....Might be better to leave it to the Daniel sans of this trophy hunting world though ?

Congrats again though dude!

• Like 1

Outstanding effort, my man!

- and great to see this...

Difficulty: 10/10

Personal impression - 10/10 - another staple in my gaming "career" :D 

... that even after the brutality the game visited upon you, that you are out the other side still liking it!

Knowing so little about fighting games, there's not much I can say other than... I know the reputation that game has, and that vid only cements that notion! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjkclarke said:

I think these kinds of games that you gradually chip away at over time - then finally conquer, truly do end up being some of the most satisfying ones, and the ones you tend to remember for some of the longest time, in the best way possible..... This one particularly must have really gotten under your skin if its got you considering playing Persona 4. (I wish that would come out on PS4/5.) Especially as JRPG's will eat up your time faster than a fatty at an all you can eat buffet, so the fact you are even considering it is a huge 1f44d.png for the game!

Yes, to be honest, the whole ordeal was the most fun I've had in a while. And yeah, I couldn't help but discover who the hell those characters are, what's their deal and why is Chie so crazy about Kung Fu. We may never know but at least I started watching some Persona 4 content and clips from the anime.

Yeah I know how the game ends already, but I don't mind too much xD from my point of view, it seems that Persona is at its strongest when it comes to relationships between characters, not the Final Fantasy bosses that show up along the way. Or well, maybe that's just me.

B-but..... they are so hard......Why would they be relaxing 1f609.png..... Nah, seriously though, I endorse that, I hope you have a good time with those too, they are nothing if not relaxing and Jesus, do you deserve a relaxing time after putting this one to bed, so chuck some slippers on, and go find some hidden objects..... Hopefully you won't have to consult google like I do sometimes when I read an object description that I don't know what the heck it is and have to do a great big "NANI?"

Hah truth be told I am pretty clueless when it comes to clues ? so I might have to resort to good ol' search engine if I get stuck. I sure hope I won't though!

You've got some infectious positivity man! You've even got me second guessing whether I should dabble with another fighter or two. After only really playing two.....Might be better to leave it to the Daniel sans of this trophy hunting world though 1f606.png

Hah, my corruption works in mysterious ways xD well, it's never too late to get into the genre you know!

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Outstanding effort, my man!

- and great to see this...

... that even after the brutality the game visited upon you, that you are out the other side still liking it!

Knowing so little about fighting games, there's not much I can say other than... I know the reputation that game has, and that vid only cements that notion! ?

Hah thanks, yes this is the kind of "I appreciate this kind of difficulty" game. Definitely not gonna forget it any time soon.

Yeah, not gonna lie, when rewatching that video myself, I could say that the devs went just a bit overboard with the requirements...

• Like 3

As I said in your status update yesterday, outstanding work my man. I'm so glad to see you come triumphant in this titan of a fighting game platinum. I have to admit, reading your journey here, from when you started venturing into the genre, all the way to the levels of mastery you have now, it all proved quite inspiring. No need to be so humble, we all know here you're well on your way to becoming the next Mr. Miyagi of PSNP.

Couldn't help but to chuckle out loud and that Ratatouille moment of revelation when you found the King of Fighters series, lol. xD

But anyways, well earned. If there was one someone out there that had the talent to come out victorious in this one, it was you. :D

20 hours ago, Copanele said:

Will I play Koihime Enbu RRR? Good question, I am not sure. Koihime Enbu RRR is like the ultimate boss in terms of Fighting game trophies, that game truly is mad brutal in ways I can't even begin to explain. However...I don't like the game. I tried it just out of curiosity and it's not clicking for me. And no, it's not because of the lolis and charming ladies, but the gameplay feels rough. The thing with Persona 4 Arena was that the gameplay was perfection, having to do 1-frame links with clunky controls is definitely a no go. It's not a bad game in terms of gameplay, but for that platinum I demand perfection from the combat and sadly the game doesn't have it.

On the other hand, give me 1 year of Fighting game drought and I believe I will go back on my word and start the damn thing. Lately the difficulty of fighting game plats are either shitty online grind (Virtua Fighter someNumber) or lame ass list (Guilty Gear Strive). Hopefully Street Fighter 6 will deliver us from laziness.

Mark my words, everyone, Copanele will be playing Koihime before the end of the year. :P

This man just loves punishment. He can say whatever he wants about the titties on Koihime not being "firm enough" or whatever, but those are just excuses, I'm sure he is eager to develop even more thumb blisters before this year is over. ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

Mark my words, everyone, Copanele will be playing Koihime before the end of the year. :P

This man just loves punishment. He can say whatever he wants about the titties on Koihime not being "firm enough" or whatever, but those are just excuses, I'm sure he is eager to develop even more thumb blisters before this year is over. 1f602.png

negative-hmm.gif

I would so like to contradict you. But you are awfully accurate in predicting games I will play xD 

And yeah...after a half a year of easy fighting plats, I am afraid I will bite the bullet and start it. I REALLY HOPE I WON'T THOUGH!

Goddamnit Honor_Hand why you do this to me ?

• Like 3

Huge congrats to you, @Copanele my dude ? I knew I've been referring to you as the King of Fighters yourself for a very good reason ?

Geezus man, just watching that video you posted has me trying to wrap my head around how long that would take me to pull something like that off, let alone the rest of the challenges... I look at fighting games the way you look at platformers: nope, hell no, naw, never ever gonna happen ?

I played some fighting games back in the day, yano, the first few MKs and Street Fighters, even a little King of Fighters back in the cabinet days. I was never really great then and that still stands today ? Mad props to you for yet another stellar victory my man! Bravo ???

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Huge congrats to you, @Copanele my dude 1f600.png I knew I've been referring to you as the King of Fighters yourself for a very good reason 1f4aa.png

Geezus man, just watching that video you posted has me trying to wrap my head around how long that would take me to pull something like that off, let alone the rest of the challenges... I look at fighting games the way you look at platformers: nope, hell no, naw, never ever gonna happen 1f602.png

I played some fighting games back in the day, yano, the first few MKs and Street Fighters, even a little King of Fighters back in the cabinet days. I was never really great then and that still stands today 1f606.png Mad props to you for yet another stellar victory my man! Bravo 1f44f.png1f44f.png1f44f.png

Hah funny that you mention King of Fighters cause man am I having a bad time with that particular game right now xD 

But many thanks man :D yeah I can understand why the games can be scary from a certain point of view!

You still have more arcade experience than me, those things were virtually inexistent at my place. Had to deal with an old dusty keyboard on the PC ?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Holy shit Copa, you got it! 1f631.png1f631.png Huge, and I mean HUGE congrats for finishing this one. Forget the obscure Koihime Enbu RRR... Among the titles that are known to more than 5 people on earth, this game really is the one to beat. The top dog that is waiting to be sent back home with its tail between its legs. And you are sitting now in its place, at the peak of the mountain. 

Now, with all those hyperboles out of the way... The write-up was fantastic to read, too. Nice seeing where you are coming from. I didn't join this site much earlier than 2019, which is also when you started your checklist. You have always been known to me as "the guy to ask about fighting games". That's the genre I, and I think many of us, associate with you. Your Pikakratos will forever be associated with fighting games in my head. 

And so, it is crazy to think that only three years ago, you were still a noob at the genre. That just speaks for itself. It must have taken a lot of practice, tons of endurance but also a very strong will to stick with the genre and really master it! And for that... I offer you the following: 

SgDUPB7.gif

(I just wanted to re-use this again 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png)

Again... huge congrats on this achievement... You earned it! 

Hah many thanks xD Now I kinda understand why people yelled to return to my original avatar when I first wanted to change it ?

It did take a ton of practice and busted fingers, not gonna lie, but man, receiving the "Lord Bathoryn" medal, it was fully worth it xD 

On 14/02/2022 at 7:32 AM, Copanele said:

Thanks friend! Well, since you completed Trackmania Turbo yourself, you would understand it: just as racing, fighting games are a matter of practice :D and yeah, you wouldn't have many issues with the genre, despite it looking like a 2 headed Godzilla monster from afar xD 

And again, just like racing games, the only true condition is to like the genre. If you aren't into it, it will be a messy relationship xD 

As for Koihime Enbu RRR...perhaps. I'll get to the details in the next quote, because RRR has something...different from Persona 4 Arena.

That's cool. Yeah I know what you mean with that as some games I'm so comfortable on that I don't realise what it's like to not be used to it whilst there are other games out there that I'm not comfortable with where I think the other way around. Yeah I think that's a really important thing there as the better a game is or the more you enjoy it then the more likely you will be better at it. I read what you put about Koihime Enbu RRR & it seems like it might not be worth it since it won't be like all the other games. I think you have done so many that without Koihime Enbu RRR you have done absolutely everything out there & you were able to finish off with the one that is above all the other ones.

• Like 1

Well done on completing the KoF collection again. All I have left (after finishing XV) will be 2002 UM and KoF Collection:The Orochi Saga. Got to admire the attention to detail in the character designs. I also love the DJ Station and every fighting game should be doing this from now on. Nothing like playing 'goodbye Esaka' in the background when pummelling your opponent. ?

I can't believe I'm even considering the same thing and just boosting this ranked mode. I have been robbed of wins because of the lag, not to mention the cesspool of Robert users who spam divekick and fireballs all day makes it unbearable to play. There's good rollback netcode and then there's the bad rollback netcode like SFV and now KoF XV. MK11, Killer Instinct and Guilty Gear -Strive- remain the gold standard for fighting game netcode (from the ones I played)

I LOVE SFV and have been playing it since the day of launch. I can bear the netcode in that game a lot easier, of course SF, along with Tekken is my favourite fighting game franchise so there is a vested interest in wanting to stick with it over something like KoF.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 3

On 14/02/2022 at 7:32 AM, Copanele said:

If I want some "quality" content, I know where to find it without having to explain to my wife why I am trying to dragon punch a little girl with my massive badonkers in a Japanese game.

Please never change Copanele, your writing is honestly hilarious. I sometimes read snippets of it to the wife and we both have a good laugh at some of the things you say regarding games ?

Also congrats!! It’s really cool to read about your journey in fighting games, I’d assumed you’d always been the master at them and not only started a few years back! To say you’d earned it would be an understatement, I can’t fathom the effort and dedication that would’ve gone in from learning to completing a whole genre! Amazing work!

• Like 1

Well done on completing the KoF collection again. All I have left (after finishing XV) will be 2002 UM and KoF Collection:The Orochi Saga. Got to admire the attention to detail in the character designs. I also love the DJ Station and every fighting game should be doing this from now on. Nothing like playing 'goodbye Esaka' in the background when pummelling your opponent. 1f601.png

I can't believe I'm even considering the same thing and just boosting this ranked mode. I have been robbed of wins because of the lag, not to mention the cesspool of Robert users who spam divekick and fireballs all day makes it unbearable to play. There's good rollback netcode and then there's the bad rollback netcode like SFV and now KoF XV. MK11, Killer Instinct and Guilty Gear -Strive- remain the gold standard for fighting game netcode (from the ones I played)

Goodbye Esaka is my choice of soundtrack as well (wow such surprise xD ). It just works wonders!

And this is what hurts me. If even you consider the unholy method of boosting, especially since I know how much you love fighting games, it shows how a bad netcode really can ruin the experience. In comparison, MK11, for all my complaints, had PERFECT netcode. And GG Strive...yeah we both know how well that works, no wonders there.

I LOVE SFV and have been playing it since the day of launch. I can bear the netcode in that game a lot easier, of course SF, along with Tekken is my favourite fighting game franchise so there is a vested interest in wanting to stick with it over something like KoF.

Yeah here I can agree. I would have gladly went through the abysmal netcode of GG XRd Rev 2 too...if the game was alive anymore. The things we do for love hah.

2 hours ago, Eqill5 said:

Please never change Copanele, your writing is honestly hilarious. I sometimes read snippets of it to the wife and we both have a good laugh at some of the things you say regarding games 1f604.png

Also congrats!! It’s really cool to read about your journey in fighting games, I’d assumed you’d always been the master at them and not only started a few years back! To say you’d earned it would be an understatement, I can’t fathom the effort and dedication that would’ve gone in from learning to completing a whole genre! Amazing work!

Many, many thanks xD wait until I eventually platinum Catherine, that will be quite the comedy (and tragedy for me). I do have some things to say about that game!

I did have to beat down some reflexes in order to survive the fighting games ordeals, but it was worth it in the end :D If only platformers worked the same...

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3