Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

27 minutes ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 185 - Eldest Souls

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1632928999

Nice write up m'dude - this one seems a very curious beast!

I had a look at some vids to see the art style, and man - you're not kidding about the occasional "borrowing" from the FROM Soulsborne games... that UI meter set up might as well still have shavings of FROMSoft's ceiling embedded in it from when they boosted it ?

Really interesting idea to completely get rid of the mob enemies entirely, and do bosses only - I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, but it's a bold direction for sure!

I can't quite decide looking at this, if this is the game Morbid: The Seven Acolytes wishes it was, or if they are both shards of the same Soulsian crystal that shattered as it was lifted from Miyazaki's summer house... and between them, they are almost getting towards a true 16-bit Souls game ?

Those no-damage boss kills sound like a damned nightmare too - congratulations taming that one - 700 retries is outrageous!

Random thought: I just discovered I had Batman Arkham Knight Season Pass purchased all this time. So yeah, I think that's what I am going to play next!

...16 freakin DLCs. What the hell is going on in that game???

Dude... it's a good game, but those DLCs...

...there's a fair amount of them that are just super boring Batmobile stuff (the bat mobile addition is pretty awful, but man, are Rocksteady obsessed with it!)...

but then there's the Community Challenge pack.

All I'll say is, if you go in and ace that community challenge pack in like two days, as is your style, after it took me literal years... 

They're gonna find me in my bathtub like

kevin-can-f-himself-allison-mcroberts-2.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I just discovered I had Batman Arkham Knight Season Pass purchased all this time. So yeah, I think that's what I am going to play next!

...16 freakin DLCs. What the hell is going on in that game???

Time to don the cape, and enjoy the ride.

kisspng-emojies-android-computer-icons-v

• Like 1

I still think Lords of the Fallen is one of the WORST Souls clones out there, even though at first glance it looks quite nice and looks fun to play.

You should have no issues with Batman: Arkham Knight. Some of those Riddler trophies require both the Batmobile and your clever usage of gadgets. They really went overboard with the trophies.

Looking at your skills and the insane fighting games you've done, you shouldn't have a problem with the Community Challenge DLC. Doing Monarch Theatre with FOUR CHARACTERS and not losing the freeflow combo ONCE, I was busy for quite a long time. Lots of fun and quite rewarding when you finally pull it off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I still think Lords of the Fallen is one of the WORST Souls clones out there, even though at first glance it looks quite nice and looks fun to play.

You should have no issues with Batman: Arkham Knight. Some of those Riddler trophies require both the Batmobile and your clever usage of gadgets. They really went overboard with the trophies.

Looking at your skills and the insane fighting games you've done, you shouldn't have a problem with the Community Challenge DLC. Doing Monarch Theatre with FOUR CHARACTERS and not losing the freeflow combo ONCE, I was busy for quite a long time. Lots of fun and quite rewarding when you finally pull it off.

Yep, I agree here, Lords of the Fallen was the worst for me as well. I was about to put Jedi Fallen Order as the worst "Souls" clone....but I legit vibed with the characters so it gets a pass. Bootleg Kratos shall not be spared however.

Right now the biggest hurdle in Arkham Knight is learning how to control the Batmobile ? hot damn I haven't played a racing game in a long while, but I am slowly getting there. Riddler laughed at my constant failures of completing his first track, had to go out and go for an afterburner upgrade.

Combat wise however...I did the 50 combo AR challenge first try, still remembering the moves :> Too bad I didn't have all gadgets unlocked, else I would have gone for Brutality 101.

But yeah, I think I will manage the freeflow parts quite well, AS LONG as I don't get some random titan enemies like in Arkham Asylum, where I couldn't stun or react to them. If they are like in Arkham City where I can beatdown them, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Random update - King of Fighters XV added a free DLC character Omega Rugal, as well as a superboss variant. Beating him unlocks his soundtrack and his fancy costume. Since it was SNK I was expecting to get the beatdown of my life...

....well I downed the boss in 6 tries ? definitely not as cheap as the previous games, but it was a nice resurrection of Rugal. Looking forward to Geese Howard in the next update.

• Like 2

Batman AK is fantastic. Lots of hate for the Batmobile sections but I personally liked it, the tank shooting does get a bit tedious when you are doing it a lot towards the middle of the game but other than that, fantastic Batman game. 

Omega Rugal was a cakewalk. Definitely not as hard as prior SNK games boss fights. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Batman AK is fantastic. Lots of hate for the Batmobile sections but I personally liked it, the tank shooting does get a bit tedious when you are doing it a lot towards the middle of the game but other than that, fantastic Batman game. 

Yeah was just surprised by the amount of driving, but no problem it doesn't bother me, controls are pretty tight :D 

3 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Omega Rugal was a cakewalk. Definitely not as hard as prior SNK games boss fights. 

You can say that again....I was so bored today that I actually beat him with all teams ?

This makes me want to reinstall KoF '94 smh, to get the ACTUAL Rugal

q8GKdDT.jpg

• Like 2

And the Batmobile - cursed be that stupid ass of a vehicle.

kevin-can-f-himself-allison-mcroberts.gi

P.S. I would SO play an Adam West inspired Batman game xD 

They talked about that at one point, I think - I distinctly recall talk about a Silver-Age Batman game that was apparently in early stage mapping at Rocksteady, but it's tough to figure if that was wishful thinking trying to make itself manifest, or if there was any real truth to it, and it just never ended up getting a foothold...

...I'd have played the shit outta that too though!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

They talked about that at one point, I think - I distinctly recall talk about a Silver-Age Batman game that was apparently in early stage mapping at Rocksteady, but it's tough to figure if that was wishful thinking trying to make itself manifest, or if there was any real truth to it, and it just never ended up getting a foothold...

...I'd have played the shit outta that too though!

Ah I searched and there was a rumor at some point...10 years ago 

https://www.destructoid.com/rumor-batman-arkham-city-prequel-set-in-silver-age/

I honestly doubt they'll do anything close to that, especially since Brooding Batman sells the best, but one can only dream!

I would love to open the gadget wheel and instead of selecting the Voice Synthesizer I would pick the Shark Repellant.

Oh well, at least I can pick the 1970s Batman Skin in-game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I honestly doubt they'll do anything close to that, especially since Brooding Batman sells the best, but one can only dream!

I would love to open the gadget wheel and instead of selecting the Voice Synthesizer I would pick the Shark Repellant.

The side quest where you need to get rid of a bomb is practically a given, right?

48gyjs.gif

All I want is a trophy in my collection, called

:bronze: - Some Days You Just Can't Get Rid of a Bomb 

?

• Like 4

First off, sorry it has been a while since I've posted in here!

In the words of Dave Grohl.....

..... " I've got another confession to make....."

Not sure what I italicised that, but shoot me I guess?

I don't really like the Tank-Mobile either. I think it works fine as a vehicle, and the odd driving section with it would be fine, but man did they go overboard with pushing the combat sections on you a lot. I'm so glad most of the DLC that involves it isn't that stupid Car Combat. 

I don't know if you've done any of the "stealth" sections with the batmobile yet, but to me those are some of the worst offenders.....They just seem so contrived it's ridiculous, it's the definition of the "SHOOT BIG GLOWING THING AND WIN"  trope ?..... but also BE SILENT IN GIANT HULKING DEATH TANK.

I would also play the hell out of the Adam West Batman inspired Rocksteady game @DrBloodmoney and yourself were talking about.... Unfortunately the closest I think there is to an Adam West Batman game is his level pack DLC for LEGO Batman 3, as an isolated half an hour it's actually pretty fun. I think he even voiced the character for it. 

Also.......

On 12/04/2022 at 7:23 PM, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 184 - Yakuza 4 Remastered

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1615821114

Thank you so much for this.... I so should of commented at the time, but I was surrounded by Shades, Floating Books and Flying Skeleton Boys. FORGIVE MExD

Why did I say thank you so much? Well apart from the obvious, that it was just a fantastic write up, what I liked the most about it, is it is a positive lookback on Yakuza 4, and you really don't see that enough I don't think. Too often do I see people getting caught up in what they didn't like about it. Heck I've been known to do that myself, I do like this one a lot, it's far from my favourite in the series. You're still not on my least favourite in the series, but I'll tell you when you get there! 

It's the closest the series has come I think to having that weird Substory vibe it sometimes has, but throughout the entire game, so I'm real glad you mentioned that.

I remember when I played this the first time I was definitely in the "WHY NO KIRYU" bracket of people at the start of the game, when I think about it, he didn't really need to be in the game at all. I took a bit longer to decide I loved Akiyama than you did, but I got there in the end. I KNEW THAT YOU'D LOVE HIS COMBAT FOR SURE THOUGH, before you even started the game.  He's such a great character, and you're going to really enjoy his parts of Dead Souls I think, he's hilarious, as is Hana. In fact after seeing you enjoyed this game, batshit story and all, I feel pretty confident you'll be one of those that enjoys Dead Souls, especially as you've got a higher jank tolerance than most people.

Can't say I love the new look of Tanimura, but I get the need for the change - I think where you and I really differ is that I really liked Tanimura's combat. I like how precise it is, and that it relies on parries and counterhits and such to be effective.

I love that this game introduced us to Saejima too, he's one of my most favourite characters in the series, you'll really dig his stuff in Yakuza 5 I think.  I thought his combat was pretty appropriate for what he looks like, but just you wait until you play Yakuza 5, a levelled up Saejima is one of the most fun characters to play as, just because of how you can juggle enemies and some of the fierce power the dude has!

If you haven't read Copanele's awesome review of Yakuza 4 yet, you absolutely should, thanks for another awesome Yakuza review man! All the other reviews you've been posting have been awesome too by the way, I just thought I'd bring this one up right now. You've almost got me wanting to review Yakuza 4, but I've already got a whole lot of reviews that are going to take a long time to write, so I'll fight the urge on this one ?

Also F**@@@####CK PACHINKO!

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

First off, sorry it has been a while since I've posted in here!

In the words of Dave Grohl.....

..... " I've got another confession to make....."

Not sure what I italicised that, but shoot me I guess?

I don't really like the Tank-Mobile either. I think it works fine as a vehicle, and the odd driving section with it would be fine, but man did they go overboard with pushing the combat sections on you a lot. I'm so glad most of the DLC that involves it isn't that stupid Car Combat. 

After just finishing Scarecrow Nightmare Challenge (DLC 4), I REALLY am glad I don't have to do this Trackmania meets NFS Most Wanted meets World of Tanks bullshit too often xD 

As you said - I like the idea, I hate how often it forces me to use it.

At least Season of Infamy (DLC 14!!!!!!!!) was solid. Mr Freeze was simply the best! 

I don't know if you've done any of the "stealth" sections with the batmobile yet, but to me those are some of the worst offenders.....They just seem so contrived it's ridiculous, it's the definition of the "SHOOT BIG GLOWING THING AND WIN"  trope 1f602.png..... but also BE SILENT IN GIANT HULKING DEATH TANK.

Bruh those made me laugh so hard. I had to do Tank Predator challenge by "sneaking" behind big nasty tank. The funniest part is that I was noisy as fuck, hitting all the trash cans, lamp posts and some unfortunate grunts, YET I WAS STILL STEALTHY. 

Biggest offender was 

Spoiler

DEATHSTROKE FIGHT. LIKE COME ON YOU GIVE ME ARKHAM ORIGINS DEATHSTROKE which was AMAZING and in this game you shove him into a tank? WTF? 

Stupid Rocksteady!

I would also play the hell out of the Adam West Batman inspired Rocksteady game @DrBloodmoney and yourself were talking about.... Unfortunately the closest I think there is to an Adam West Batman game is his level pack DLC for LEGO Batman 3, as an isolated half an hour it's actually pretty fun. I think he even voiced the character for it. 

Yeah I think Lego Batman would cover that part the best, it does fit the mood and the villains xD 

Also.......

Thank you so much for this.... I so should of commented at the time, but I was surrounded by Shades, Floating Books and Flying Skeleton Boys. FORGIVE MExD

Why did I say thank you so much? Well apart from the obvious, that it was just a fantastic write up, what I liked the most about it, is it is a positive lookback on Yakuza 4, and you really don't see that enough I don't think. Too often do I see people getting caught up in what they didn't like about it. Heck I've been known to do that myself, I do like this one a lot, it's far from my favourite in the series. You're still not on my least favourite in the series, but I'll tell you when you get there! 

It's the closest the series has come I think to having that weird Substory vibe it sometimes has, s but throughout the entire game, so I'm real glad you mentioned that.

I remember when I played this the first time I was definitely in the "WHY NO KIRYU" bracket of people at the start of the game, when I think about it, he didn't really need to be in the game at all. I took a bit longer to decide I loved Akiyama than you did, but I got there in the end. I KNEW THAT YOU'D LOVE HIS COMBAT FOR SURE THOUGH, before you even started the game.  He's such a great character, and you're going to really enjoy his parts of Dead Souls I think, he's hilarious, as is Hana. In fact after seeing you enjoyed this game, batshit story and all, I feel pretty confident you'll be one of those that enjoys Dead Souls, especially as you've got a higher jank tolerance than most people.

Can't say I love the new look of Tanimura, but I get the need for the change - I think where you and I really differ is that I really liked Tanimura's combat. I like how precise it is, and that it relies on parries and counterhits and such to be effective.

I love that this game introduced us to Saejima too, he's one of my most favourite characters in the series, you'll really dig his stuff in Yakuza 5 I think.  I thought his combat was pretty appropriate for what he looks like, but just you wait until you play Yakuza 5, a levelled up Saejima is one of the most fun characters to play as, just because of how you can juggle enemies and some of the fierce power the dude has!

If you haven't read Copanele's awesome review of Yakuza 4 yet, you absolutely should, thanks for another awesome Yakuza review man! All the other reviews you've been posting have been awesome too by the way, I just thought I'd bring this one up right now. You've almost got me wanting to review Yakuza 4, but I've already got a whole lot of reviews that are going to take a long time to write, so I'll fight the urge on this one 1f602.png

Also F**@@@####CK PACHINKO!

Many thanks for the appreciation :D  Yakuza 4 was a complete treat. I see why fans of the series would hate it, but given that I love nutty stories, this one was just Kiryu & Friends visit the Circus with the Flaming clowns. Sometimes you can simply enjoy a story despite its poor writing.

If Hana-Chan also shows up in Yakuza Dead Souls I will deadass adore that game. The dynamic between Akiyama and Hana (and their stupid antics) made me laugh so many times. 

Tanimura's combat wouldn't necessarily be bad -- if the enemies were more varied. For some reason, most of Tanimura's story encounters are crappy (the suitcase mission, his Amon challenge and especially the final GUN mission). Maybe if there were more variety in terms of enemies, not just "ha ha pew the police officer" kind of opponents, I would've liked Tanimura more.

And honestly, how can I love Tanimura when THIS MAD LAD IS IN THE GAME

Y0tQnOW.jpg

Saejima is an entire mood xD 

Also yes, never miss a day to crap on Pachinko. That's a stain on Japan's honor.

32y16l.png

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Copanele said:

243 stinking trophies, pictures to scan, shit to blow up...how is blowing up a metal shield a "riddle"?

The next Arkham game:

Riddler:

Batman, pick up the tab. It's for a riddle.

Batman, find a place to dump this dead prostitute. It's for a riddle.

Batman, blow up this school. It's for a riddle.

Batman:

Hmmm, these don't feel so much like 'riddles'... more like errands and crimes... oh well. Can't let that pesky Riddler think he's smarter than me!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

The next Arkham game:

Riddler:

Batman, pick up the tab. It's for a riddle.

Batman, find a place to dump this dead prostitute. It's for a riddle.

Batman, blow up this school. It's for a riddle.

Batman:

Hmmm, these don't feel so much like 'riddles'... more like errands and crimes... oh well. Can't let that pesky Riddler think he's smarter than me!

Riddler: Running out of ideas for riddles.. Ah i know, I should inspire myself from this neat little game series, Assassin Creed. That''ll show Batman!! 

I swear if that next game of theirs Suicide Squad asks me to collect 500 Joker cards or Deadshot bullets or Catwoman tail plugs I am so watching a YouTube playthrough 

7 hours ago, zizimonster said:

This was why I revisited the game many years later. I loved playing as her! 1f60e.png

Honestly I am excited for that one. I liked her character in the main game (and dreaded her character in Injustice Gods Among Us) so I am pretty curious how her DLC is. 

5 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

I'm really looking forward to your experiences with the community challenge DLCs.  I hear they are brutal and I'm going to deal with them sooner or later!

I will leave those for last. I have to level up my Batman to the max and I should probably do the main game AR challenges first, to get back in the groove with the combat. To be honest I didn't try to be flashy during the main game so can't say I practiced too much ?

• Like 3

1909-AE56-3738-454-A-946-E-3-A55-C228794

Congrats man - I kinda knew you’d dominate those challenges in no time…

…all those Devil May Cry games prove you’ve got the rhythm and endurance to make them look easy… I’m still considering my even getting them done at all to be a minor victory ?

I know what you mean about Catwoman - she seems to forget she’s in a fight, and not a breakdancing competition to save the youth centre from a villainous 80’s real estate developer ?

I actually really liked doing her stuff though - in Knight, and City - simply because she feels wholly different. Robin and Nightwing just fee like lesser Batmen

• Like 3

This is awesome, congrats on banging through those challenges!  You make it look easy as pie.

I don't know if I've said much in your checklist before.  You have an impressive profile and it's pretty inspiring.  Watching you take down the Batman DLC makes me excited to eventually get back to it on my account!

• Like 4