Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

18 hours ago, Copanele said:

Ok, I will have to make a short announcement, a trophy that might not mean much for most people who visit my profile. However it will concern @Yuber6969, @AihaLoveleaf and especially @Honor_Hand because he was right.

I have earned the following trophy: 

2Lf10812.png

:bronze: Ebullience

Watched the tutorial movie and won against CPU.

It. Is. ON!

i-told-you-right.gif

See? Was I right or was I right? I saw this one coming light-years away. It was just a matter of time before he admitted it, but here we are, lol. xD

As Aiha mentioned up above, "Ballsiest Trophy Pops of 2022" for sure. Mad respects to you if you manage to conquer this one up, Copanele. If there's anyone out there that has the talent and is ballsy enough to try this one, that's you, man. I will be cheering for you to obtain this hard as fuck platinum! :D I will also look forward to all the cursing and frustration that will inevitably come out as soon as you reach the latter challenges. ?

• Like 3

On 3/25/2022 at 6:24 PM, Copanele said:

Child of Light is a simple yet impactful game. It doesn't break any norms, however it really has that kind of identity that Ubisoft's main franchises seem to have lost. It's an awesome 100% game and you can't go wrong with playing this one. This really made me want to try more Turn based games, been a looong while since I played a serious one.

Every time I see someone on here review Child of Light and enjoy it, I always think I must be the weirdo who didn't rock with it lol. I'm 99% sure I was suffering from "PGGD" since out of 150+ games I have it ranked as the 8th worst of my collection. I just remember thinking the combat was excruciatingly slow, the rhyming was NOT charming whatsoever, and I didn't even enjoy the art style. But I've seen enough different people rate it highly that I think it's just one that went over my head. Glad you enjoyed it!

On 3/28/2022 at 4:09 AM, Copanele said:

OFF TOPIC question - Yakuza 4 or Batman Arkham Knight? Hit me with your best option xD 

I know you picked Yakuza 4 but I freaking love Arkham Knight. So much so, I kind of want to replay it, make a new series on my thread called "The Replayables" and bum its rating up to a 9 I remember it so fondly. I do not agree at all with the people who whine about "too much Batmobile" since I think the tank mode is solid, mindless fun. I know I'm in the minority of loving it as much as I do but I think it's the pinnacle of the Arkham series and I can already imagine you ranting over how difficult the DLC trophies are ?? (which lemme tell you, are RUTHLESSLY hard)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

i-told-you-right.gif

See? Was I right or was I right? I saw this one coming light-years away. It was just a matter of time before he admitted it, but here we are, lol. xD

As Aiha mentioned up above, "Ballsiest Trophy Pops of 2022" for sure. Mad respects to you if you manage to conquer this one up, Copanele. If there's anyone out there that has the talent and is ballsy enough to try this one, that's you, man. I will be cheering for you to obtain this hard as fuck platinum! :D I will also look forward to all the cursing and frustration that will inevitably come out as soon as you reach the latter challenges. 1f602.png

Yep, the moment you said in a previous post "Mark my words he will start the game soon" I was "who am I kidding xD ofc I will" 

Yep for sure I will keep you updated. I did press some buttons and while the combat isn't bad, the timing of the links is ridiculously off. So...unlike the other games, I will really take it chill and see if I can do it. I kinda already reached my goal with P4A, let's see how this game will fare!

The funniest part is that I found people legit playing this game while trying to self boost xD the jiggle game is strong!

18 minutes ago, realm722 said:

Every time I see someone on here review Child of Light and enjoy it, I always think I must be the weirdo who didn't rock with it lol. I'm 99% sure I was suffering from "PGGD" since out of 150+ games I have it ranked as the 8th worst of my collection. I just remember thinking the combat was excruciatingly slow, the rhyming was NOT charming whatsoever, and I didn't even enjoy the art style. But I've seen enough different people rate it highly that I think it's just one that went over my head. Glad you enjoyed it!

Damn, I found your review, it's before I started to seriously get into Trophy Checklists xD but I think this game speaks differently to each individual player, instead of being an overall "damn this game is sick". Plus, I usually like turn based games (despite me not having any on my profile), so yeah this game worked for me. I don't think it was a masterpiece by any means, it just...worked.

And well...I think it really is PGGD as you said! You played this game after Dead Cells from what I've seen(killer game, I NEED to play it), while I played this after...Jedi Fallen Order.....the Force really wasn't with that game. So yeah in comparison Child of Light was a ray of light for me. Heh.

Never gonna judge anyone for not liking an usually acclaimed game however! Remember my opinions about Shadow of the Colossus? :awesome: cause I sure do!

22 minutes ago, realm722 said:

I know you picked Yakuza 4 but I freaking love Arkham Knight. So much so, I kind of want to replay it, make a new series on my thread called "The Replayables" and bum its rating up to a 9 I remember it so fondly. I do not agree at all with the people who whine about "too much Batmobile" since I think the tank mode is solid, mindless fun. I know I'm in the minority of loving it as much as I do but I think it's the pinnacle of the Arkham series and I can already imagine you ranting over how difficult the DLC trophies are 1f602.png1f602.png (which lemme tell you, are RUTHLESSLY hard)

Honestly I was initially planning to finally start Arkham Knight first, since I loved the series (and I've been to the new Batman movie which I surprisingly enjoyed). BUT I noticed I don't have the Season Pass with all those 16 DLCs(!) so I said to pick up Yakuza 4 while I collect my monthly slave income from work.

Also I heard the DLCs are difficult and such BUT

A BIG BUT! Catwoman level of BUT(T)

If the combat works, then it can't be a worse experience than Batman Arkham Origins multiplayer trophies. It simply can't. Give me combat, give me tanks, give me Joker eating nuclear pies, just don't put me through a 5 hours boosting session with 7 other people again for the love of GOD!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, realm722 said:

I freaking love Arkham Knight. So much so, I kind of want to replay it, make a new series on my thread called "The Replayables" and bum its rating up to a 9 I remember it so fondly. I do not agree at all with the people who whine about "too much Batmobile" since I think the tank mode is solid, mindless fun. I know I'm in the minority of loving it as much as I do but I think it's the pinnacle of the Arkham series and I can already imagine you ranting over how difficult the DLC trophies are ?? (which lemme tell you, are RUTHLESSLY hard)

Sorry bro, I've asked Mister @Copanele to play Strider first. :lol:

And, yeah, Arkham Knight is a masterpiece.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Copanele said:

@zizimonster every time you ask me to play Strider, a child's dream gets unfulfilled 1f602.png

THUS BEING SAID, I promised someone I would play Aragami "FOR SURE BRO THAT GAME LOOKS SICK" and I ended up playing Child of Light.

Nobody can predict what I will play next. Not even myself.

:D

I have Aragami in my backlog, too. :ninja:

• Like 2

If there is one thing I've learned about you @Copanele over the last year or so, you are not gonna back down from any challenge... Okay unless it's maybe Catherine we're talking about :giggle: (but you'll get there eventually too!!).

As you know, I'm not exactly a fighting game aficionado, however just hearing you guys all speak about this game the way that you do, it sounds extremely daunting to say the least! But if there's anyone that can conquer a beast of this magnitude, it's gonna be the King of Fighters Copanele!! You've got this bro ? looking forward to following along with your progress! 

• Like 4

Damn, you guys really want me to suffer in Koihime Enbu Ryorairai xD 

Big thanks for the support. I will try my best to master this madness of a game. And if not...eh at least I tried :D but yeah, apparently I can't run away from this genre of gaming. I seriously started considering buying old stuff for PS3 as well (such as Street Fighter x Tekken) despite there being an awful lot of grinding involved. What can I say, it's fun!

9 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

If there is one thing I've learned about you @Copanele over the last year or so, you are not gonna back down from any challenge... Okay unless it's maybe Catherine we're talking about :giggle: (but you'll get there eventually too!!).

I fear no game, but that "EDGE" sound scares the shit out of me. 

One day, I swear. ONE DAY!

• Like 4

My god, this game is worse than I originally thought. ? How glad I am that I chose to pass on pursuing the platinum for Infinite. 

Between Capcom's infamously terrible but unfortunately standard online trophy experience, the forced autocombos, the horrendously ugly character models, and all the other wrappings of this glorious shit sandwich, Infinite just looks all kinds of bad. Morrigan might have the best backstory (and frontstory too), but babes like her can only do so much to redeem a terrible experience. At least we got a spicy meatball of a review out of it. Well done, Copinator. ?️

• Like 4

Hahaha love your write up. Following this game leading up to it's release was hilarious as well. Combofiend's "function" quote on why there were no Xmen characters will forever be a meme.

Here are some gems from the FGC "shilling" the game.

LI Joe and KBrad going crazy about the game and Fchamp calling the game "open world"

There were a bunch of leaks about the DLC chararcter and some detective work matching the curtains exposed Fchamp as the leaker

https://twitter.com/MechaMacGyver/status/930317270894616576?t=NBWt-THWC5f_kUHi-wOg0g&s=19

Also, it didn't help that DBFZ was announced before this game was released effectively killing the game lol

I was so excited for the game. I think I'm the first person in the world to platinum this game too. But in the end the game sucked.

Good times.

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

My god, this game is worse than I originally thought. 1f631.png How glad I am that I chose to pass on pursuing the platinum for Infinite. 

Between Capcom's infamously terrible but unfortunately standard online trophy experience, the forced autocombos, the horrendously ugly character models, and all the other wrappings of this glorious shit sandwich, Infinite just looks all kinds of bad. Morrigan might have the best backstory (and frontstory too), but babes like her can only do so much to redeem a terrible experience. At least we got a spicy meatball of a review out of it. Well done, Copinator. 1f336.png

To quote (yet another) DMC3 moment, Capcom releasing MvCI be like

K3kRzVi.jpg

8 minutes ago, Thedah said:

Hahaha love your write up. Following this game leading up to it's release was hilarious as well. Combofiend's "functuon" quote on why there were no Xmen characters will forever be a meme.

Here are some gems from the FGC "shilling" the game.

LI Joe and KBrad going crazy about the game and Fchamp calling the game "open world"

The curtains exposed Fchamp as the leaker

https://twitter.com/MechaMacGyver/status/930317270894616576?t=NBWt-THWC5f_kUHi-wOg0g&s=19

Also, it didn't help that DBFZ was announced before this game was released effectively liking the game lol

Good times.

My god I am so sorry that I missed the shitshow that was the release of this game xD Characters are "Functions", now that's a new one! Good to remember the next time I complain about Magenta not being in my Marvel vs Zelda game ?

I like how Yipes and Justin Wong simply Matrix dodged the questions while FChamp is the classic "thought I was playing Skyrim" mode. Yeah, might dig more about this game just for the fun. Trying to recover my time wasted with it!

11 minutes ago, Thedah said:

Also, it didn't help that DBFZ was announced before this game was released effectively liking the game lol

Good times.

Oh...ohh...that must have definitely hurt. Had my fair share of issues with DBFZ but that game was a love letter to Dragon Ball. Goddamnit Capcom ?

• Like 2

On 4/5/2022 at 10:52 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Well done. As a hardcore Capcom fanboy, MVCI was promptly shelved after I completed the story on launch day. Explains the long gap between the first trophy and last trophy for me. Will stick to MVC2 for my crossover fix, that game is timeless!

Yeah, if even you had issues with that game..imagine me xD 

But man, I tried some MvC2 on my laptop a few months ago. That game was fire, no wonder people loved it so much!

• Like 2

On 10.03.2022 at 2:22 PM, Copanele said:

Elden Ring

Haven't been here in a while. But I've gone and read your Elden Ring review post since this game has been on my mind lately and I know that you're a Souls games enjoyer ?.

For context: I haven't played any Souls games before. Before DS3, I had no interest in them at all. After seeing DS3 and learning a bit more about previous games like Bloodborne, I thought I'd check some of them out one day. Now, after watching several Elden Ring streams, I think they made a game that truly spoke to me. I guess, that open world full of surprises was actually the missing part for me. Which is also a bit weird because I've rarely been interested in fantasy open world titles.

The mysteries don't quite work as well in an open world game

I take it, these NPC interactions and the fact that the game doesn't hold your hand is part of the charm. But it's true, when the game is so big, even the experienced players might be lost with some quests.

Also, not entirely related, but there were some parts I've seen in streams, where you're expected to rest at the sight of grace 3 times to activate some NPC's monologue and move the story forward. Or something like that. How are you supposed to know that? 

This reminds me of the times before game wikis when people used to talk to each other about the games and ask "have you found this thing?" - "no, how do you find it?" - "you have to do this". And that's how you learned about secrets and other stuff. Souls games probably still have that social aspect, that goes beyond the in-game messages on the ground. I'm sure that the Souls community likes to learn things together and pass the knowledge. 

If you're a newcomer though, there's a higher chance those cryptic and hidden quest trigger will just be frustrating. 

Melania Blade of Miquella

Oh man ?. I watched a stream of someone fighting this boss. Even with the mimic summon, it took the guy 5+ hours to win. And I think I know exactly the attack you're talking about. Malenia ended many of his attempts with that move. It looks impossible to dodge out of. 

I've also heard from a friend, that even some Souls fan rage quit this game because of her. OOF.

Game starts to feel all over the place - With all their flaws, Dark Souls felt focused, precise, knew what it wanted. Yes it had stuff like Tomb of the Giants, Frigid outskirts and fuck knows what, but it never went TOO far. Elden Ring feels outstretched, exagerated at some points. Too many Poison Swamps (really Miyazaki did NOT JOKE when he said he was doing a ton of swamps), lots of weird areas, lots of side paths to the point of annoyance.

Miyazaki is like: "I've heard people point out how every game I make has a poisonous swamp area. So what do you think of this idea - a lake of scarlet rot!"

Fans: "What's the difference?"

Miyazaki: "It's red." 

But I think I know what you mean about the focus and overabundance of stuff. After the first trailer, I saw someone tweet saying the art style was all over the place, and it felt like the trailer showed multiple games instead of one. I remember rewatching the trailer and feeling the same way. So maybe there is some lack of consistency in the design of the game itself.

But at the same time, I thought about it, and maybe it's like real life ?. If you visit two places on the opposite sides of a big country, they won't look similar. Elden Ring's world is just so big, that it also becomes too diverse in many aspects, including architecture and monster design. 

In any way, making a big game feel diverse and consistent at the same time must be hard. (Although, a giant enemy lobster is still an interesting choice lmao ?)

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slava said:

Haven't been here in a while. But I've gone and read your Elden Ring review post since this game has been on my mind lately and I know that you're a Souls games enjoyer 1f601.png.

For context: I haven't played any Souls games before. Before DS3, I had no interest in them at all. After seeing DS3 and learning a bit more about previous games like Bloodborne, I thought I'd check some of them out one day. Now, after watching several Elden Ring streams, I think they made a game that truly spoke to me. I guess, that open world full of surprises was actually the missing part for me. Which is also a bit weird because I've rarely been interested in fantasy open world titles.

Yeah, Elden Ring is built differently :D because you never know what you'll find at each corner, that seemingly unimportant cave can lead up to some other previously inaccessible area and so on.

Granted, there's some empty spaces in the game, but what game doesn't have them? xD 

I take it, these NPC interactions and the fact that the game doesn't hold your hand is part of the charm. But it's true, when the game is so big, even the experienced players might be lost with some quests.

Also, not entirely related, but there were some parts I've seen in streams, where you're expected to rest at the sight of grace 3 times to activate some NPC's monologue and move the story forward. Or something like that. How are you supposed to know that? 

This reminds me of the times before game wikis when people used to talk to each other about the games and ask "have you found this thing?" - "no, how do you find it?" - "you have to do this". And that's how you learned about secrets and other stuff. Souls games probably still have that social aspect, that goes beyond the in-game messages on the ground. I'm sure that the Souls community likes to learn things together and pass the knowledge. 

If you're a newcomer though, there's a higher chance those cryptic and hidden quest trigger will just be frustrating. 

THANKFULLY a patch added an icon on the map that shows each NPC's position now. THANK GOD, what convinced Miyazaki to implement that idk but finally I can also see what I missed during my first playthrough.

Yeah Miyazaki did plan on us communicating with each other, this game is MEANT to be played by talking to others....but I think even he forgot that this game is absurdly huge xD 

When I was playing in parallel with a friend it took us around 30 minutes to finally pinpoint a stupid NPC, since none of us could give actual good directions. And the game was still fresh out, that NPC wasn't even documented online. It was a bit of a headache not gonna lie.

Oh man 1f605.png. I watched a stream of someone fighting this boss. Even with the mimic summon, it took the guy 5+ hours to win. And I think I know exactly the attack you're talking about. Malenia ended many of his attempts with that move. It looks impossible to dodge out of. 

I've also heard from a friend, that even some Souls fan rage quit this game because of her. OOF.

Malenia is a piece of shit. However it's not her AoE that pisses me off(can be safely dodged), or her mega damaging stuff or her Rot explosions.

It's the fact that she heals even if I block. That I find absolutely garbage. Sadly from a mechanical point of view, Malenia might be my least favorite boss in the game, just because of that ?because you suddenly have to unlock your inner Sekiro in order to beat her.

Granted, you can cheese her with a ton of underhanded tactics, but if you approach her as a solo melee player (as many do), you're gonna have a very bad time.

At least by the time I reached that boss I did realize that the hard cap is 99 for ...every stat, really. No more Dark Souls shenanigans.

Miyazaki is like: "I've heard people point out how every game I make has a poisonous swamp area. So what do you think of this idea - a lake of scarlet rot!"

Fans: "What's the difference?"

Miyazaki: "It's red." 

But I think I know what you mean about the focus and overabundance of stuff. After the first trailer, I saw someone tweet saying the art style was all over the place, and it felt like the trailer showed multiple games instead of one. I remember rewatching the trailer and feeling the same way. So maybe there is some lack of consistency in the design of the game itself.

But at the same time, I thought about it, and maybe it's like real life 1f601.png. If you visit two places on the opposite sides of a big country, they won't look similar. Elden Ring's world is just so big, that it also becomes too diverse in many aspects, including architecture and monster design. 

In any way, making a big game feel diverse and consistent at the same time must be hard. (Although, a giant enemy lobster is still an interesting choice lmao 1f601.png)

Ah if only the Lake of Rot was that silly xD it's not "just red", it inflicts a different kind of poison that makes your life go BRRRRR in seconds, compared to the regular poison that can be shrugged off. I am glad though that I can use the horse to traverse most of the damn Shrek Swamps without much trouble.

As for design...i think this is mostly a personal preference, I am sure others saw it differently. It's just my feeling that the game direction sidetracked, something didn't connect properly, especially in the end with all the secret areas. Gorgeous areas, don't get me wrong, there's 0 ugly areas in this game.....but I don't know they felt disjointed.

Or maybe I was nitpicking hard here I don't know ?

And of course, all these nitpicks and I still whole heartedly give it a 9/10. This game is too damn good.

As for my SL1 run...I busted 2 random bosses on my quest of finding all the titanite shards required for my beautiful Morningstar, then I got sidetrack by Eldest Souls, an izometric boss rush game. Shameless rip-off of a name, but the game is quite decent (also hard).

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 6:17 AM, Yuber6969 said:

Thank god I took a gamble and bought the season pass while it was on sale. I'm glad to hear that Umbrella's story was good, cause I never liked her. Always excited for more Skullgirls story though!

You know, I expected her to be your textbook brat that just whines and wants x and y (kinda like that waste of pixels Marco from Battle Fantasia, cursed be his name). Actually....she was pretty decently written, especially in comparison to her sister Parasoul. Not often you see a little kid that you DON'T want to immediately punch in a fighting game ?

Ok, so I had one of the most "unique" gaming challenges in the past days/months/years. This happened in a little game called Eldest Souls, a boss rush izometric souls like whatever game that kinda reminds me of Jotun.

The hardest trophy in the game is defeating a boss no damage. That boss is your typical fire/ice floating orb that alternates his attack randomly and at some point splits into 2 different fire AND ice orbs. How hard could that be?

ZdlHTTl.jpg

That's right, 749 tries. Every time I got hit I let the boss kill me. You can subtract around 20 tries because I had a boss prior to this one which gave me serious headaches, that leaves...around 730 tries

This is Persona 4 Arena level of retries here xD I am either going senile and can't play OR this game is a hidden monster of a game. NOT AS HARD AS JOTUN but my GOD I can't believe how hard of a time I had with this thing here. I am so playing something easier after this game...because there's still 6 more bosses and a no death run to go.

Also the video for who wants to see the struggle:

• Like 4