8th Challenge "Outrider" - Bike Challenge

Bearded_Jay

i had 109,500 just wow. its not the challenge that sucks, its the physics. these challenges shows everything thats wrong with days gone. oh im right in front of a zombie shooting like a mad man and deacon cant hit for shit. oh land perfectly fine and he falls off his bike. hey, lets place a ramp right here so you can use it but even if you hit the ramp right, youll hit an invisible wall and fall right off your bike!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Earlier today I got the Silver Score of 83,006

I was doing so good, high bar and everything for combo, hitting Freakers in  1 hit, I was at a straight away for the ramp and I flip backwards, WTF. 

i just landed perfectly at the bottom of one of the ramps and flew 20 feet up into the air for no reason lmao

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

i had 109,500 just wow. its not the challenge that sucks, its the physics. these challenges shows everything thats wrong with days gone. oh im right in front of a zombie shooting like a mad man and deacon cant hit for shit. oh land perfectly fine and he falls off his bike. hey, lets place a ramp right here so you can use it but even if you hit the ramp right, youll hit an invisible wall and fall right off your bike!

You can add to that list starting the challenge pretty much on the ground once the “1” fades away, pretty hilarious.

Just now, UlvenFenrir said:

i just landed perfectly at the bottom of one of the ramps and flew 20 feet up into the air for no reason lmao

Yeah happened a lot, just like the 1st Bike Challenge, or a stump sends you flying. 

Ok I got the hang of it, I just read on Bend Studio's newest Facebook post post a tip they put, that Nitrous gets refueled when you go through a checkpoint ring. I applied it and constantly held X for Nitrous and my combo meter never dropped low once. I got Gold for Sick Line, with a Score of 92,035

So don't conserve your Nitrous, no point, use it nonstop, that's the trick. 

• Like 1

This is completely terrible. The mechanics in this game are awful! instead of coming out with more DLC, they should fix what’s wrong with the game in the first place. This is going to give it even more bad ratings. I can be perfectly fine hit a rock and die. I can be playing the same route again hit the same rock again- and be perfectly fine. It makes no sense whatsoever ... and then there’s an invisible wall by that one huge ramp -which I went to the left and immediately killed me. This is awful 

30 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions or videos on how to get gold? I’ve searched YouTube but none of the videos seem to work for me. I barely just made silver. I have gold in all the subcategories except for killing the freakers.  

All I can suggest is to keep the combo (white bar) full if it ain't at maximum by the time you reach the horde location (after 1st big ramp) you will struggle to keep it up going further up the hill. Also try keeping combo between 80-90 at this point because the higher it is the faster the bar will drain (100+) 

I had issues keeping it up when trying to kill freakers and hitting the jumps. I missed one checkpoint and had to go back (which was good for airtime medal) Plus try to keep reticule focused on them for longer so you can try get some kills going past (again I missed quite a few at the start of the course as I kept firing without waiting) 

• Like 1

Got 3 gold medals and one silver, got it to x140 before it faded and still only got 108 thousand plus. 

My mind is boggled, no idea what else i can do other than to keep on playing. Overall i enjoy the challenge, i guess sometimes its just sheer luck how much points you'll end up getting, even with three gold and one silver. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions or videos on how to get gold? I’ve searched YouTube but none of the videos seem to work for me. I barely just made silver. I have gold in all the subcategories except for killing the freakers.  

Piece up together a route that flows the best for drifts and jumps. 

For freakers, It's better to aim and wait for the cross to be almost close and then shoot,  spraying with that gun is useless.

Only worry about combo until you get the G subchallenge for maintaining it (seconds).  After that is obviously great if you keep and increase but your main focus should be to "not fuck up" the run and G any other subchallenges while maintaining THE FLOW of the run.

And of course.... pray to RNGjesus, this POS challenge is mostly luck based.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

This is completely terrible. The mechanics in this game are awful! instead of coming out with more DLC, they should fix what’s wrong with the game in the first place. This is going to give it even more bad ratings. I can be perfectly fine hit a rock and die. I can be playing the same route again hit the same rock again- and be perfectly fine. It makes no sense whatsoever ... and then there’s an invisible wall by that one huge ramp -which I went to the left and immediately killed me. This is awful 

The mechanics in this game are fine, but they were not designed for this kind of challenge. There is a reason the main game almost never has you do anything fancy with your bike. I would not worry about bad ratings either, such a small fraction of players even finish games, even less are coming back months later to play a random challenge, and even less of those really care that much about all golds. Really it's probably just us. As for the challenge itself, like others have said you have to get somewhat lucky. Know your route, make it muscle memory, and focus on the 120 second combo. Once you get that just try not to fuck up. If you have seen a video then you know what to do, there is no magic trick to it, you just have to execute the run correctly. Make use of your boost, it keeps the combo going and is refreshed by the rings, so you can spam it easily. Lastly don't slam your head against a wall, if you try for an hour or so and its not happening, take a break. Raging out and getting pissed is only going to make you mess up more, and that is only going to make further attempts more stressful.  

• Like 4

The problem with this challenge is you have to focus on doing 60 things at a time and not mess up any of them. I had 3 golds and a silver on sub-challenges but only got 108k many times. Well here’s the thing, you also have to be fast collecting the rings. They give you 1500 points but if you’re slow only 300 or less. That could make the difference.

• Like 2

I've been trying this for 18 hours already. Closest I got to gold is 109827. It's frustrating as hell. You rely so much on luck here. And accuracy on the bike seems like less than 10%. I will be giving up on this for a while. I really hope they nerf this within the next updates

Edited by JammyTJ1337
  • Like 2

I finally got gold by using this alternate route. I jumped the first two cliff edges and lined myself up on the same ramps he was using. Once i got to the freakers i tried drifting whilst timing my shots to kill them. If you focus on them and get them out of the way to silver it leaves to time to focus on drifting. This route made it easy for me not to worry about the jumps so much and inbetween drifting and killing freakers, my multiplier stayed up just enough for me to get the gold medal on that sub challenge. 

I failed this run a few times till i learnt it properly. But by far the easiest one to go for. 

• Like 3

And if it helps i also changed my R1 button around to drive instead of shoot. I've learnt that the R2 is unreliable when running or driving in games. I learnt that the hard way on AC3 remastered. 

Switching up the buttons on your accessibility menu will allow you to drive your motorcycle faster. Im not the only one who's R2 button is unresponsive to sensitivity. 

Edited by KryptonKronos
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, KryptonKronos said:

I finally got gold by using this alternate route. I jumped the first two cliff edges and lined myself up on the same ramps he was using. Once i got to the freakers i tried drifting whilst timing my shots to kill them. If you focus on them and get them out of the way to silver it leaves to time to focus on drifting. This route made it easy for me not to worry about the jumps so much and inbetween drifting and killing freakers, my multiplier stayed up just enough for me to get the gold medal on that sub challenge. 

I failed this run a few times till i learnt it properly. But by far the easiest one to go for. 

Yeah this is by far the best run to keep your combo meter up, especially at 1:30 on your video, it's straight away for the next couple of ramps. I'm at almost 94,000, with getting Sick Line always, but it's not killing Freakers half of the time, even when I pause and get close. Also having an issue where my Drift and Ramping only hits Silver, even though I'm doing everything as before for the Gold.

Im also curious how to change acceleration to R1, because I only see the change for the gun to L1. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bearded_Jay said:

I've done it so many times now that i almost always succeed !

I've been one freaker short to get 125k+ but my bullets went all over the place when it mattered the most 1f602.png

What's your secret? Can you do an updated video?

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1