With My Devil Dogs - still no solution?

16 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Finally! I got the trophy. Try now on conquest, maybe the timeframe is open!

Today there were a lot of unstable servers and suddenly a stable European server spawned for Conquest. However, it wasn't that much populated. I joined with my dummy and we didn't get split up and were the only players in this squad. Total server population was 4vs4. I didn't even have the change to enter the battlefield with my dummy, he was still sitting in the "ready"-screen when the match ended (maybe that's it? or just coincidence?). Damn... That trophy-pling was the best sound today! 1f606.png See this video: https://youtu.be/VLGfxzze374

Network details: Both PS3s NAT2, same network, both wired. No custom router settings, no port forwarding.

Congrats, @woggly4. Your perseverance paid off. You deserved it more than most due to your commitment... or insanity.

Too bad I don't have two PS3s. That and lotto-winning luck seem to be key components to unlocking it..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woggly4 said:

Today there were a lot of unstable servers and suddenly a stable European server spawned for Conquest. However, it wasn't that much populated. I joined with my dummy and we didn't get split up and were the only players in this squad. Total server population was 4vs4. I didn't even have the time to enter the battlefield with my dummy, he was still sitting in the "ready"-screen when the match ended (maybe that's it? or just coincidence?). Damn... That trophy-pling was the best sound today! 1f606.png See this video: https://youtu.be/VLGfxzze374

Network details: Both PS3s NAT2, same network, both wired. No custom router settings, no port forwarding.

Congrats!!!

i have a question. How you know you were on an european server??

i try for an hour now and no trophy for me ?

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, Tyser69 said:

i have a question. How you know you were on an european server??

i try for an hour now and no trophy for me 1f622.png

I used ealist to list the servers. All servers have a three-character code. When the trophy unlocked for me I was playing on "gva". I checked the player count before joining and after joining, it increased by two AND it was the only server with players at that time. "gva" is the IATA-code of Geneva Airport, so I'd assume it's located in Europe (because there are only two other airport codes, located in the US).

Even though this is not really a solution and it's easy to say, but the only thing that seems to help is trying over and over again. And by "over and over" I mean a lot. I know how frustrating it is to read this but I tried to get this trophy since March 2019 and must have played over 600 matches fulfilling the requirement. I think it is not related to your PS3 or your internet connection but to something that is messed up with a communication between EA and Sony. Otherwise it wouldn't explain why it unlocks without any changes in network settings or the like, even different discs doesn't seem to matter as I tried it with the European gold and normal edition and the US-edition. I even tried it a few times today and without changing a thing it suddenly popped. It really is an unsatisfying "solution" but it seems to be just totally random.

No, I haven't. ealist is just a tool to list servers of EA games and completely unrelated to trophies. You even can't use your EA account with ealist, you will need to create a new one with this tool. It's just for listing things, no write access to anything.

congrats woggly, you certainly deserved it the most. I'm trying my luck now, even though it's likely too late. At the very least, it's another glimmer of hope for those dedicated enough to keep trying. I am curious how often you tried; every day? how many matches each session? etc...

Also, can anyone confirm whether you actually need to be in the same team+squad for the trophy to pop?

I have 3 PS3, but that doesn't do much... Just now in this first match, my 2 alts are on the opposite team. Would like to know whether I should retry or let the match finish in these scenarios

• Like 1

@woggly4 Congrats on the trophy!!

Have to ask though, were you able to filter the output of ealist to make it manageable and (much) more readable?

Seems like a massive slog to go through all of that output just for the one server's data you're looking for to become outdated possibly within minutes or even seconds.

Would help a ton if you could give the commands you used. -v and -X seem to be helpful but I can't see anything else that could help. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hore said:

congrats woggly, you certainly deserved it the most. I'm trying my luck now, even though it's likely too late. At the very least, it's another glimmer of hope for those dedicated enough to keep trying. I am curious how often you tried; every day? how many matches each session? etc...

Also, can anyone confirm whether you actually need to be in the same team+squad for the trophy to pop?

I have 3 PS3, but that doesn't do much... Just now in this first match, my 2 alts are on the opposite team. Would like to know whether I should retry or let the match finish in these scenarios

Thanks! At first I tried every day after work until the servers were full, sometimes 10 matches, sometimes only 2 or nothing at all. After getting more and more frustrated about it, I sometimes stopped trying for several weeks. After setting up the server list viewer I only tried if I saw a certain situation of servers where I thought it could have changed something. At some point I just didn't want to further waste my time and worked on 10k kills. During that I always joined with my dummy and let it run to increase my odds. After getting all online trophies except Devil Dogs I went back to only trying with specific server situations. However, it still didn't work, except yesterday. I tried it like 2 or 3 times already and somehow given up for that day because of the frequent crashes. By accident I saw the gva-server spawning and thought "oh cmon, one last try" and it actually popped on first try on that server. However, that doesn't mean it always works on fresh servers. A lot of matches with same or comparable server situation didn't work out.

That's a good question. At first I didn't care and just let it run. Then I rejoined if we were opposite teams. But after nothing worked out I started to always rejoin if we were in different squads because users here said they did the same. But it could be, everyone just rejoined and it would unlock as long as you joined as a squad. But I wouldn't intend to try it, better safe than sorry.

3 hours ago, SH06UN5126 said:

@woggly4 Congrats on the trophy!!

Have to ask though, were you able to filter the output of ealist to make it manageable and (much) more readable?

Seems like a massive slog to go through all of that output just for the one server's data you're looking for to become outdated possibly within minutes or even seconds.

Would help a ton if you could give the commands you used. -v and -X seem to be helpful but I can't see anything else that could help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks! Yes, I wrote a little parser in nodeJS to list the output in a more readable format. You can use that data to display it in a table or something. See spoiler.

Spoiler

//initial setup: create account with ./ealist -n bfbc-ps3 -A
//calling ./ealist -n bfbc-ps3 -a USER PASSWORD bfbc-ps3 -X none > servers.txt
fs.readFile('servers.txt', (err, data) => {
    const serversString = data.toString().split('\n');
    const servers = [];
    serversString.forEach(server => {
        const s = server.split('\\');
        if (s.length === 59) {
            servers.push({
                level: s[10],
                name: s[12],
                ip: s[14],
                port: s[26],
                mode: s[24],
                playgroup: s[44],
                player_count: s[58],
                balance: s[28],
                type: s[16]
            });
        }
    });
}

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, woggly4 said:

Today there were a lot of unstable servers and suddenly a stable European server spawned for Conquest. However, it wasn't that much populated. I joined with my dummy and we didn't get split up and were the only players in this squad. Total server population was 4vs4. I didn't even have the time to enter the battlefield with my dummy, he was still sitting in the "ready"-screen when the match ended (maybe that's it? or just coincidence?). Damn... That trophy-pling was the best sound today! 1f606.png See this video: https://youtu.be/VLGfxzze374

Hey! Do you think it is possible that your bot being in the loading screen is why this was able to work? Have you had previous attempts that failed where your bot was still on the "45 seconds til auto-join" screen?

Edited by BearyDeadly
typo

My bot wasn't in the loading screen but in the screen where you can choose your class. I messed up with my turbo controller, it triggered X once and not repeatedly, thus it seemed to auto-left the loading screen after the timeout and didn't join the battlefield as soon as possible. And no, in my other tries I always joined the battlefield immediately, so it could be a solution, but maybe it was just a coincidence.

I was in a "gva" server about an hour ago. Same thing as woggly4 happened. Conquest server. Player count went up by 2, showing that my main and my alt joined. Stayed in a squad with my alt. Didn't get the trophy. So it seems that there's something else going on. Varying factors between woggly4's attempt and mine, however:

• Alt ps3 is over wifi (not sure how that might affect NAT), both would have been NAT 2 though
  • Player count on server increased from 8 to 10 with my 2 accounts (even teams at 5v5)
  • Had another 2 players in my squad

The other thing is that, due to the higher player count, it might not have been a new server. If that's true, then that leads me to believe (based on absolutely nothing concrete) that maybe the servers might spin up just fine but degrade after they finish their first match.

@woggly4 As the server list from ealist shows what looks to be a whole bunch of dormant servers, what was your indicator that a server was 'spawning'? Was it just that the player count was not 0? Also, sorry you're probably getting pinged to hell and back right now. Really appreciate you even just responding to my first post here. Thanks.

Edited by SH06UN5126
Formatting

No worries, I'm happy to help. Yes, there are a lot of dormant servers and I honestly don't get why EA still runs around 100 servers for BC1 and most of them are just dormant most of the time as it seems. However, I noticed the type being either C or O, pretty sure this means closed or open. As soon as a server is full or there's no server at all, it will randomly set a closed server to open for a few minutes and will set it back to closed and another one to open if no one joins, same thing when all players leave a server (i.e. the server isn't crashing but just empty). If a player tries to join while a server is set to open, it will populate that server. If the server is in location "na1" it will crash after a few minutes - I've never seen a na1-server that got stable. The server will be gone from the server list but will reappear a few minutes later. But sometimes even a stable server can crash after running for multiple hours, not really seeing a pattern when and why that happens.

To answer your question: By saying "a server spawned" I mean a server with a proper location code (iad, sjc or gva) switching type from C to O and getting filled with players. However, and this is the frustrating part, I played a lot of matches on "freshly spawned" servers and never got the trophy. As said somewhere here in the thread, I believe it has something to do with an internal communication between EA and Sony, because I never found out a recurring pattern or something that would lead to a proper solution.

It's probably irrelevant but maybe not and worth noting: I used the dummy for other Battlefield titles as well. They're friends on Battlelog and Origin as well, both accounts are linked to their own EA account, see https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/linking-your-ea-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/. When playing BC2 or later you're forced to create an EA account. This could be the issue with BC1, because it somehow manages your account differently. I don't know if being friends on Battlelog/Origin changes something for BC1 and I played a lot of matches while already being friends, so I'd assume it doesn't help with the trophy, but who knows...

Just now, westersburg said:

When did the trophy actually start to glitch? I remember it popping without problems between release and maybe 2017. Didnt play the game afterwards.

If something big happened before, it might be possible to find the exact reason this trophy doesnt pop normally anymore.

I wouldn't count on it. "Server degradation" is probably the best we can do without looking deeper into the infrastructure. Also, I've seen a few places refer to the time that this started happening as some "unknown date", so I'm not sure anyone really knows. If we can see a list of the latest achievers back to 2008 (so they're in order), maybe we could figure out a rough date. But even then, I'm sure this is more to do with data-transfers rather than some event happening.

@woggly4 Thanks again! That explains some of what I'd seen actually. Now I know why you had selected those pieces of the data to look at. Hopefully this turns out to be a step in the right direction! Gonna make some tweaks to my script based on this.

Yeah, I don't know if ealist is helpful at all for the trophy, i.e. if it actually has something to do with the gameserver itself or some server hidden from the public, and to answer that you probably would need to work for EA. But at least it saves you from joining unstable servers. You can even see if you can join with your squad, it won't work if the playgroup value is set to NO, if you still try to join you will join the above mentioned random type O server.

And btw: I just rewatched the footage of the match that unlocked it for me and when I joined the server there was another guy in my squad. He left the server a few moments later and no one else joined the server. Maybe a random player joining the server can void the trophy for you and that is why you need an insane amount of luck to be in the right time and place, so chances are probably higher if most of the veteran players are sleeping and not playing.

I doubt we'll be able to see what's actually wrong with this tool, but it will probably allow us to better test some theories.

Even if it doesn't have anything to do with this, having people become a little more attentive and try for it more often is going to increase their chances anyway.

Based on that alone, I don't really see it as a waste if this really is some wild goose chase.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AKATSUKIDEVIL91 said:

LADIES and GENTLEMEN. I have the honor to announce you that the WITH MY DEVIL DOGS TROPHY IS OFFICIALLY STILL OBTAINABLE.

Myself and some friends got it today so i'm just gonna share with you how we all got it.
devil_dogs.png
THE SOLUTION WE FOUND IS THE FOLLOWING ONE:

- You need 2 PS3s connected to the same internet source and obviously 2 copies of the game. (not sure about this but i don't think having either a EU/US copy or if your NAT type really matters)
- Invite your alt to create a squad and start a match. (regular conquest is what we went for)
- Get at least 2 friends to join the match. The best option would be if both your friends are in the opposite team.
- Cross fingers and hope that the server is unstable and just wait for the server to crash and disconnect all of you.
- Whenever that happens, there's no time to loose. Start another match RIGHT AWAY.
- Same process here. Cross fingers to be in the same squad as your alt and get your friends to join the match and let them CAPTURE ALL FLAGS to end the match AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

- It doesn't really matter if you either lose or win the match. Just make it end as quickly as you can before the server crashes again and disconnects all of you.
- The trophy should pop when the match ends. If the trophy doesn't pop when the next round starts, then it means that the server you're in is currently stable. Which doesn't work for the trophy.

So basically. You need to be in an UNSTABLE SERVER and end the match ASAP in order to unlock the trophy. Needless to say you have to be in the SAME SQUAD as your alt.

Ask Tyser69 (french) and chucuchus (spanish) for more info. They are the ones who helped us all getting it and we are very grateful and thankful to them.

If you are skeptical about our legitimacy (which is fairly understandable considering i've been very doubtful myself regarding this trophy considering there was no proper workaround found yet), feel free to join our Discord server and read the #battlefield-ps3 chat by yourselves. Anyone is welcome.

https://discord.gg/HUtFbea

Good luck. This game is a pain.

Nice, I will try it today maybe the luck is on my side. 

4 hours ago, AKATSUKIDEVIL91 said:

LADIES and GENTLEMEN. I have the honor to announce you that the WITH MY DEVIL DOGS TROPHY IS OFFICIALLY STILL OBTAINABLE.

Myself and some friends got it today so i'm just gonna share with you how we all got it.
devil_dogs.png
THE SOLUTION WE FOUND IS THE FOLLOWING ONE:

- You need 2 PS3s connected to the same internet source and obviously 2 copies of the game. (not sure about this but i don't think having either a EU/US copy or if your NAT type really matters)
- Invite your alt to create a squad and start a match. (regular conquest is what we went for)
- Get at least 2 friends to join the match. The best option would be if both your friends are in the opposite team.
- Cross fingers and hope that the server is unstable and just wait for the server to crash and disconnect all of you.
- Whenever that happens, there's no time to loose. Start another match RIGHT AWAY.
- Same process here. Cross fingers to be in the same squad as your alt and get your friends to join the match and let them CAPTURE ALL FLAGS to end the match AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

- It doesn't really matter if you either lose or win the match. Just make it end as quickly as you can before the server crashes again and disconnects all of you.
- The trophy should pop when the match ends. If the trophy doesn't pop when the next round starts, then it means that the server you're in is currently stable. Which doesn't work for the trophy.

So basically. You need to be in an UNSTABLE SERVER and end the match ASAP in order to unlock the trophy. Needless to say you have to be in the SAME SQUAD as your alt.

Ask Tyser69 (french) and chucuchus (spanish) for more info. They are the ones who helped us all getting it and we are very grateful and thankful to them.

If you are skeptical about our legitimacy (which is fairly understandable considering i've been very doubtful myself regarding this trophy considering there was no proper workaround found yet), feel free to join our Discord server and read the #battlefield-ps3 chat by yourselves. Anyone is welcome.

https://discord.gg/HUtFbea

Good luck. This game is a pain.

hi congrats on getting the trophy, i want to add my personal experience with this trophy, after hearing that there was people who got the trophy recently i wanted to test myself so i played with my dummy this week with a friend to see if i could get it, i wasnt expecting to succeed at all due to all the bad things i heard about this buggy trophy, to my surprise first my friend could join my invitation to my squad, then we searched a public game until we got in there, check my friend was with me on same team ans squad, and then let the match finishes, first try didnt work but on the 2nd try the trophy unlocked, i dont know really if was pure luck or what or i was in the right place at the right moment, but somehow did work, my dummy is not registered so it doesnt showed on the latest achievers ut i have recorded with my cellphone the moment the trophy popped up, so i want to encourage you all to keep trying and hopefully the trophy will pop for you too. By the way DEVIL91i know chucuchus and i trust on him, hes a good fellow, and im also in that discord server with him. I wish you all the luck and hope i can get it too this time with my main account, cheers guys