Alex_Gorbatschow

With My Devil Dogs - still no solution?

234 posts in this topic

This sucks ass because I want to obtain that platinum. X(

So I've just noticed someone has achieved the Bad Company platinum in 1 week 5 days. Not sure if they're around the clarify how on earth that happens... Especially with the state of with my devil dogs trophy.

1 minute ago, IAMERORR said:

So I've just noticed someone has achieved the Bad Company platinum in 1 week 5 days. Not sure if they're around the clarify how on earth that happens... Especially with the state of with my devil dogs trophy.

the timestamps make it obvious he used a save, and possibly also CFW considering I check the Recent Achievers pretty often and he was most certainly not there until recently (despite earning it 2 months ago)

On 14/08/2020 at 7:47 AM, hore said:

the timestamps make it obvious he used a save, and possibly also CFW considering I check the Recent Achievers pretty often and he was most certainly not there until recently (despite earning it 2 months ago)

Agreed. He obtained all online trophies in less than 10 minutes, so people should disregard the fact he unlocked it.

On 8/14/2020 at 8:42 AM, IAMERORR said:

It all can be very easily verified with in-game leaderboard.

12 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Finally! I got the trophy. Try now on conquest, maybe the timeframe is open!

(I will edit this post with more detail and video, but I wanted to let you guess know asap)

Congratz - you deserve it :D

Edited by REAPER4536

14 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Today there were a lot of unstable servers and suddenly a stable European server spawned for Conquest. However, it wasn't that much populated. I joined with my dummy and we didn't get split up and were the only players in this squad. Total server population was 4vs4. I didn't even have the change to enter the battlefield with my dummy, he was still sitting in the "ready"-screen when the match ended (maybe that's it? or just coincidence?). Damn... That trophy-pling was the best sound today! 1f606.png See this video: https://youtu.be/VLGfxzze374

Network details: Both PS3s NAT2, same network, both wired. No custom router settings, no port forwarding.

Congrats bro, finally!! :D

16 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Today there were a lot of unstable servers and suddenly a stable European server spawned for Conquest. However, it wasn't that much populated. I joined with my dummy and we didn't get split up and were the only players in this squad. Total server population was 4vs4. I didn't even have the change to enter the battlefield with my dummy, he was still sitting in the "ready"-screen when the match ended (maybe that's it? or just coincidence?). Damn... That trophy-pling was the best sound today! 1f606.png See this video: https://youtu.be/VLGfxzze374

Network details: Both PS3s NAT2, same network, both wired. No custom router settings, no port forwarding.

Congrats, @woggly4. Your perseverance paid off. You deserved it more than most due to your commitment... or insanity.

Too bad I don't have two PS3s. That and lotto-winning luck seem to be key components to unlocking it..

@woggly4

Congratulations buddy!

I knew you would get it.

Just last week I was thinking about this trophy, I knew sooner or later a "lucky window" would appear for those who kept trying.

Well deserved! Now you'll finally fulfill your dreams of 100% all BF games.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, woggly4 said:

Today there were a lot of unstable servers and suddenly a stable European server spawned for Conquest. However, it wasn't that much populated. I joined with my dummy and we didn't get split up and were the only players in this squad. Total server population was 4vs4. I didn't even have the time to enter the battlefield with my dummy, he was still sitting in the "ready"-screen when the match ended (maybe that's it? or just coincidence?). Damn... That trophy-pling was the best sound today! 1f606.png See this video: https://youtu.be/VLGfxzze374

Congrats!!!

i have a question. How you know you were on an european server??

i try for an hour now and no trophy for me 😢

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, Tyser69 said:

i have a question. How you know you were on an european server??

i try for an hour now and no trophy for me 1f622.png

I used ealist to list the servers. All servers have a three-character code. When the trophy unlocked for me I was playing on "gva". I checked the player count before joining and after joining, it increased by two AND it was the only server with players at that time. "gva" is the IATA-code of Geneva Airport, so I'd assume it's located in Europe (because there are only two other airport codes, located in the US).

Even though this is not really a solution and it's easy to say, but the only thing that seems to help is trying over and over again. And by "over and over" I mean a lot. I know how frustrating it is to read this but I tried to get this trophy since March 2019 and must have played over 600 matches fulfilling the requirement. I think it is not related to your PS3 or your internet connection but to something that is messed up with a communication between EA and Sony. Otherwise it wouldn't explain why it unlocks without any changes in network settings or the like, even different discs doesn't seem to matter as I tried it with the European gold and normal edition and the US-edition. I even tried it a few times today and without changing a thing it suddenly popped. It really is an unsatisfying "solution" but it seems to be just totally random.

Maybe can you help us with explain how use this ealist? My english is not so good so i dont understand every thing. 
maybe you have find a solution for this trophy

No, I haven't. ealist is just a tool to list servers of EA games and completely unrelated to trophies. You even can't use your EA account with ealist, you will need to create a new one with this tool. It's just for listing things, no write access to anything.

congrats woggly, you certainly deserved it the most. I'm trying my luck now, even though it's likely too late. At the very least, it's another glimmer of hope for those dedicated enough to keep trying. I am curious how often you tried; every day? how many matches each session? etc...

Also, can anyone confirm whether you actually need to be in the same team+squad for the trophy to pop?

I have 3 PS3, but that doesn't do much... Just now in this first match, my 2 alts are on the opposite team. Would like to know whether I should retry or let the match finish in these scenarios

@woggly4 Congrats on the trophy!!

Have to ask though, were you able to filter the output of ealist to make it manageable and (much) more readable?

Seems like a massive slog to go through all of that output just for the one server's data you're looking for to become outdated possibly within minutes or even seconds.

Would help a ton if you could give the commands you used. -v and -X seem to be helpful but I can't see anything else that could help. Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, hore said:

congrats woggly, you certainly deserved it the most. I'm trying my luck now, even though it's likely too late. At the very least, it's another glimmer of hope for those dedicated enough to keep trying. I am curious how often you tried; every day? how many matches each session? etc...

Also, can anyone confirm whether you actually need to be in the same team+squad for the trophy to pop?

I have 3 PS3, but that doesn't do much... Just now in this first match, my 2 alts are on the opposite team. Would like to know whether I should retry or let the match finish in these scenarios

Thanks! At first I tried every day after work until the servers were full, sometimes 10 matches, sometimes only 2 or nothing at all. After getting more and more frustrated about it, I sometimes stopped trying for several weeks. After setting up the server list viewer I only tried if I saw a certain situation of servers where I thought it could have changed something. At some point I just didn't want to further waste my time and worked on 10k kills. During that I always joined with my dummy and let it run to increase my odds. After getting all online trophies except Devil Dogs I went back to only trying with specific server situations. However, it still didn't work, except yesterday. I tried it like 2 or 3 times already and somehow given up for that day because of the frequent crashes. By accident I saw the gva-server spawning and thought "oh cmon, one last try" and it actually popped on first try on that server. However, that doesn't mean it always works on fresh servers. A lot of matches with same or comparable server situation didn't work out.

That's a good question. At first I didn't care and just let it run. Then I rejoined if we were opposite teams. But after nothing worked out I started to always rejoin if we were in different squads because users here said they did the same. But it could be, everyone just rejoined and it would unlock as long as you joined as a squad. But I wouldn't intend to try it, better safe than sorry.

3 hours ago, SH06UN5126 said:

@woggly4 Congrats on the trophy!!

Have to ask though, were you able to filter the output of ealist to make it manageable and (much) more readable?

Seems like a massive slog to go through all of that output just for the one server's data you're looking for to become outdated possibly within minutes or even seconds.

Would help a ton if you could give the commands you used. -v and -X seem to be helpful but I can't see anything else that could help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks! Yes, I wrote a little parser in nodeJS to list the output in a more readable format. You can use that data to display it in a table or something. See spoiler.

Spoiler
//initial setup: create account with ./ealist -n bfbc-ps3 -A
//calling ./ealist -n bfbc-ps3 -a USER PASSWORD bfbc-ps3 -X none > servers.txt
fs.readFile('servers.txt', (err, data) => {
    const serversString = data.toString().split('\n');
    const servers = [];
    serversString.forEach(server => {
        const s = server.split('\\');
        if (s.length === 59) {
            servers.push({
                level: s[10],
                name: s[12],
                ip: s[14],
                port: s[26],
                mode: s[24],
                playgroup: s[44],
                player_count: s[58],
                balance: s[28],
                type: s[16]
            });
        }
    });
}

@woggly4 lol I work with Node.js daily ... why didn't I think of that? 😅 Nice work! I'll give this a go. Thanks!

Edited by SH06UN5126
Thanks!!!

On 9/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, woggly4 said:

Today there were a lot of unstable servers and suddenly a stable European server spawned for Conquest. However, it wasn't that much populated. I joined with my dummy and we didn't get split up and were the only players in this squad. Total server population was 4vs4. I didn't even have the time to enter the battlefield with my dummy, he was still sitting in the "ready"-screen when the match ended (maybe that's it? or just coincidence?). Damn... That trophy-pling was the best sound today! 1f606.png See this video: https://youtu.be/VLGfxzze374

Hey! Do you think it is possible that your bot being in the loading screen is why this was able to work? Have you had previous attempts that failed where your bot was still on the "45 seconds til auto-join" screen?

Edited by BearyDeadly
typo

My bot wasn't in the loading screen but in the screen where you can choose your class. I messed up with my turbo controller, it triggered X once and not repeatedly, thus it seemed to auto-left the loading screen after the timeout and didn't join the battlefield as soon as possible. And no, in my other tries I always joined the battlefield immediately, so it could be a solution, but maybe it was just a coincidence.

I was in a "gva" server about an hour ago. Same thing as woggly4 happened. Conquest server. Player count went up by 2, showing that my main and my alt joined. Stayed in a squad with my alt. Didn't get the trophy. So it seems that there's something else going on. Varying factors between woggly4's attempt and mine, however:

• Alt ps3 is over wifi (not sure how that might affect NAT), both would have been NAT 2 though
  • Player count on server increased from 8 to 10 with my 2 accounts (even teams at 5v5)
  • Had another 2 players in my squad

The other thing is that, due to the higher player count, it might not have been a new server. If that's true, then that leads me to believe (based on absolutely nothing concrete) that maybe the servers might spin up just fine but degrade after they finish their first match.

@woggly4 As the server list from ealist shows what looks to be a whole bunch of dormant servers, what was your indicator that a server was 'spawning'? Was it just that the player count was not 0? Also, sorry you're probably getting pinged to hell and back right now. Really appreciate you even just responding to my first post here. Thanks.

Edited by SH06UN5126
Formatting

No worries, I'm happy to help. Yes, there are a lot of dormant servers and I honestly don't get why EA still runs around 100 servers for BC1 and most of them are just dormant most of the time as it seems. However, I noticed the type being either C or O, pretty sure this means closed or open. As soon as a server is full or there's no server at all, it will randomly set a closed server to open for a few minutes and will set it back to closed and another one to open if no one joins, same thing when all players leave a server (i.e. the server isn't crashing but just empty). If a player tries to join while a server is set to open, it will populate that server. If the server is in location "na1" it will crash after a few minutes - I've never seen a na1-server that got stable. The server will be gone from the server list but will reappear a few minutes later. But sometimes even a stable server can crash after running for multiple hours, not really seeing a pattern when and why that happens.

To answer your question: By saying "a server spawned" I mean a server with a proper location code (iad, sjc or gva) switching type from C to O and getting filled with players. However, and this is the frustrating part, I played a lot of matches on "freshly spawned" servers and never got the trophy. As said somewhere here in the thread, I believe it has something to do with an internal communication between EA and Sony, because I never found out a recurring pattern or something that would lead to a proper solution.

It's probably irrelevant but maybe not and worth noting: I used the dummy for other Battlefield titles as well. They're friends on Battlelog and Origin as well, both accounts are linked to their own EA account, see https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/linking-your-ea-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/. When playing BC2 or later you're forced to create an EA account. This could be the issue with BC1, because it somehow manages your account differently. I don't know if being friends on Battlelog/Origin changes something for BC1 and I played a lot of matches while already being friends, so I'd assume it doesn't help with the trophy, but who knows...

When did the trophy actually start to glitch? I remember it popping without problems between release and maybe 2017. Didnt play the game afterwards.

If something big happened before, it might be possible to find the exact reason this trophy doesnt pop normally anymore.