Spider-Man no longer in the MCU.

Wolvie_181

On 8/21/2019 at 9:52 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

If you can think, you would be sick of these by the numbers cookie cutter movies a good while back.

But no. "Wow, I really wanna impress Mr. Stark. Mr. Stark, Mr. Stark, Mr. Stark. What if Mr. Stark needs me?" What if you were your own fucking person like you've always been, Pete? And not just some moron idolizing a war profiteer, who has literally put the entire world *this* close to extinction, who basically kidnapped you and blackmailed you with the threat of outing you to your aunt, who is gross around said aunt too, who left you on your own completely until he was like "well fuck, maybe I can use this kid again" when all his other friends were in jail because he god damn had a guilty conscience *over shit that would NOT have been possible without him, Ultron* and wanted government authority to step in and dictate when he and his "friends" could and could not do hero shit, like no Peter, I'd have thought by your second movie you'd have half a brain and wise up to old man Stark's bullshit but I guess you really can't speak ill of the dead.

Tony is a bad guy. Iron Man 1-3 were dope and his part in Avengers 1 was also great. But after that, he's proved time and time again, even with good intentions that he is more trouble than he's worth. My boi Spidey does not need to idolize such a shit person. Cap should have been Pete's mentor, they are so fucking similar and *actual decent human beings* that it sucks Spidey's been twisted into Tony's bullshit and IF the Sony deal doesn't work out (they will likely reneg on it tbh), the only shame is that Peter never got to outgrow the shadow of that guy.

Wow all you said was twisted shit you misinterpreted probably on purpose because you love Tobey's dick so much judging by just your undying passion for twiddling you thumbs until spiderman 4. Saying tony fucking blackmailed Peter was perfect in showing how you don't actually want to like it and want every opportunity to shit on this spiderman lol

This thread basically
giphy.gif

Tom was a decent Peter Parker / Spiderman and thus so far I'm not keen on any version that's been as they all feel a bit off from the comics but Marvel's movies is better then Amazing at least. Disney wants money and so does Sony, claiming bias towards any studio is ignorant they are a corporation and they want your hard earned saturday change from mom for that nice lollipop at the store, it was all red and all tasty actually but mint is pretty I don't know mint esk so the after taste left me wanting more.

Edited by NightRusticDawn

On 8/21/2019 at 6:59 PM, Snackerblaster said:

This fucking "IRon bOy" shit is so tiring and is literally over exaggerated as fuck, and simply not true if you can think 

I'm not sure what this means. At least within the comics, the relationship between Tony Stark and Peter Parker was exactly as a father-son relationship, up until the (original) Civil War/ Skrull Invasion. I'm not saying it makes a good movie (I haven't even seen any of the Spider-Man movies since the garfield debacles), but it's certainly "true" in a canonical sense. 

20 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

This thread basically
giphy.gif

Tom was a decent Peter Parker / Spiderman and thus so far I'm not keen on any version that's been as they all feel a bit off from the comics but Marvel's movies is better then Amazing at least. Disney wants money and so does Sony, claiming bias towards any studio is ignorant they are a corporation and they want your hard earned saturday change from mom for that nice lollipop at the store, it was all red and all tasty actually but mint is pretty I don't know mint esk so the after taste left me wanting more.

Further, it looks like they keep trying to retcon the comics to fit the movies (BTW, bad move, Marvel).

Edited by starcrunch061

39 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Further, it looks like they keep trying to retcon the comics to fit the movies (BTW, bad move, Marvel).

This is standard practice really. The Gothic undertone of Batman that permeates his series now is due to the Tim Burton films. The X-men getting their standardized uniforms instead carrying on with their menagerie costumes due to the Fox films. They do this to draw in those people who watched the films into the comics and what better way to capture their interest than to incorporate elements from the films they watched. It's why the hardcore comic fans hate changes made in movies that drastically differ from the comics because if the movie is a hit then those changes are likely to become canon

Compare comic Starlord with Movie Starlord for example

Edited by majob

On 8/23/2019 at 2:45 PM, majob said:

This is standard practice really. The Gothic undertone of Batman that permeates his series now is due to the Tim Burton films. The X-men getting their standardized uniforms instead carrying on with their menagerie costumes due to the Fox films. They do this to draw in those people who watched the films into the comics and what better way to capture their interest than to incorporate elements from the films they watched. It's why the hardcore comic fans hate changes made in movies that drastically differ from the comics because if the movie is a hit then those changes are likely to become canon

Compare comic Starlord with Movie Starlord for example

No, no, no, no. Miller wrote Year 1 and DKR in 1987 and 1986, respectively; I would say those had FAR more effect on the Batman universe than Burton's film.

I will agree that Marvel has always been a little bad about the retcons, but re-writing the entirety of the Civil War to fit a movie? That one was crazy even by their standards.

• 1 month later...

Very interesting and seems like middle ground was reached:

In exchange for lending Feige’s producing prowess, Marvel and Disney will receive roughly 25% of the profits, according to insiders. Disney will retain its merchandising rights. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.”

Rumor has it that Sony wasn't satisfied with how Spiderman would be treated in a future Captain Marvel Movie. It seems like Marvel lost confidence about the Captain Marvel character and wanted to boost her personality on the back of Spiderman.

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-losing-confidence-captain-marvel-brie-larson-spider-man

Again, rumors and gossip.

9 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Rumor has it that Sony wasn't satisfied with how Spiderman would be treated in a future Captain Marvel Movie

From the article linked:

"Captain Marvel 2 has no writer, director, release date or the start of production announced or even hinted at."

I still think this was a gamble by Disney to play their (very strong) hand to up their income from Spiderman and Sony (very smartly) decided to stand up to them. Disney came back and realized they asked for too much, so they asked for less and Sony accepted as it interests them as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is I couldn't give a fuck less what new Spider-Man movie is coming or Captain Marvel.

The fact that a new Joker movie had to be made just goes to show how overly saturated superhero/supervillain movies are getting.

For now, I'll bask in the nostalgic, childhood glory of the old 1990s Spider-Man cartoon and watch the first Spider-Man movie in the 2000s starring Tobey Maguire.

This superhero obsession is one of the main reasons why I gave up on Hollywood. I mean cmon. You guys have to admit it's been a constant barrage of comic book movies, some good, many of which are bad and mediocre.

I use Rotten Tomatoes on a daily basis and the amount of hate directed towards that website by rabid comic book fans on a review some idiot made on a superhero movie they looked forward to is sickening.

Of course we all know Disney is all in it for the money.

Edited by Spaz

• 4 years later...