How Many of You REALLY Platinum'd the Game?

Otterborn64

Sadly, Jak II and Jak 3 both could have been prestigious Platinums, and by this I mean maybe around 10% of players could have scored the Platinum trophy, putting it in league with other difficult and/or time-consuming Platinums such as Final Fantasy XIII, Ni no Kuni, or L.A. Noire.  But of course, both games have the infinite Precursor Orb glitch that allows the player to acquire all of the Precursor Orbs needed without actually putting in the effort of earning them the way Naughty Dog intended.

So how many of you "actually" earned the Platinum trophy in either game?  This means earning Gold on all races and challenges, as well as searching every nook and cranny for Orbs that are just lying out without the assistance of the infinite Precursor Orb glitch?

EDIT:  Upon reading the responses, I can understand if you used the glitch to Platinum either game if you've done it fairly on the PS2.  However, if you utilized the glitch to acquire all of the Precursor Orbs without having dedicated yourself to braving the aggravation that others experienced in order to achieve the game's highest honor at some point in the past, I only have this to say:

Edited by DAXRULZ
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I actually worked my ass of for this platinum and got all the orbs by myself and Im not a cheater myself, I actually try to get these hard earned and rewarding platinums! And believe or not, I actually never knew about the orb glitch until after I got the jak 3 platinum ( I got the jak 3 plat before jak 2) and I was tempted to use it because I was really close on my ps2 version butthis time it was way easier than last time because I was a little boy back then. You can check ouy my profile as it took me about a month for jak 3 and 2 months for jak 2 (but I did take a big break during jak 2 so subract 2 weeks and 3 days)

Edited by brad0103triplex

• 4 months later...

Sadly, Jak II and Jak 3 both could have been prestigious Platinums, and by this I mean maybe around 10% of players could have scored the Platinum trophy, putting it in league with other difficult and/or time-consuming Platinums such as Final Fantasy XIIINi no Kuni, or L.A. Noire.-  But of course, both games have the infinite Precursor Orb glitch that allows the player to acquire all of the Precursor Orbs needed without actually putting in the effort of earning them the way Naughty Dog intended.

So how many of you "actually" earned the Platinum trophy in either game?  This means earning Gold on all races and challenges, as well as searching every nook and cranny for Orbs that are just lying out without the assistance of the infinite Precursor Orb glitch?

I personally didnt do these 2 games on PS3. I spent hundreds of hours on them in the PS2 era.

But even still, i did get a good laugh out of your examples of hard plats lol.

As for those that did use the glitch. theres nothing wrong with that. As someone once told me. Smarter not harder.

And as for the 10% thing. i feel most people that own this game/are being tracked by PSNP dont care for trophies. I.e Can you really consider it a 10% id give it more of a 20-23 range. in which its not really a note worthy plat. tbf it wasnt 1 to begin with. 

Im not saying you or anyone else on this thread that randy over telling people you did a game the longer/harder way are wrong. Just saying its nothing to write home about anyways. 

But thats just my opinion no reason to go spreading it around. 

Edited by killerJAZZ420
  • Like 1

I technically did it legit, the game just glitched on me and I was unable to get the last few orbs. So I just reloaded an old save and did an easy mission for orbs to get it since I was unsure when I was glitched on it.

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

am i readin this wrong or has the OP typed that lanoire is difficult and hour consumin?... i found it quite easy and fookin amazin to play through

i played all 3 original versions of jak and daxter but they were never as difficult as both the hd versions, the races were easy and jaks hovercraft could take alot of damage, i completed each game in 1 to 2 days too so im sure the ps3 hd trilogy has had its difficulty raised... then theres the awful psvita hd trilogy port, it has gotta be even tougher not only due to an awful port but rubbish use of control features... it took me 2 weeks to finish it fully with gold for everythin, i was close to destroyin the game cartridge ffs lol... its put me off of playin on jak 3 but i'll eventually put in on and tear my hair out

also for anyone who doesnt think that all 3 games in the hd trilogy have had their difficulties raised- watch a few youtube clips of the races in jak 2 for the ps2 and then watch a few clips of the same races in jak 2 for the ps3/psvita versions and tell me the damage quota is the same, its not... in the original release jak can take lots of damage and full collisions makin the races easy, in the hd version jak can only take upto 6, 1 big collision and its race over, even gettin small shunts causes the hovercraft to smoke and slow in acceleration... im also usin my own knowledge of playin the original releases (which i still have) against the hd versions... another game that has had its difficulty raised is both versions of oddworld: strangers wrath hd but JAW stated it was slightly raised rather than sneakin it there

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 2 months later...