Platinum Difficulty?

PhantomFear94

I'd say it's about a 4/10 difficulty. You can gold rank everything without unlocking any other trophies & once that's done the trophy set should be pretty damn easy thanks to a new familiarity with all the stages. With two stacks & a completely affordable price point I'm surprised to see how few people are going for this.

• Like 1

Debating between a 4 and a 5 for this one. Some of the gold ranks and especially trophies are a pain to get (20 Riskies in Doki Doki Rush and All Good in Them Fighting Hearts stand out as the worst for me, though the former was mostly inexperience), though the game overall isn't too challenging as long as you have some decent precision and some mild rhythm chops. While I'd call it a rhythm game of sorts, there really isn't much in the list that requires rhythm (All Good in TFH is really only doable with the visual aid, but rhythm helps immensely with All Perfects in Forest Ghost). The list is more about your ability to aim precisely where you want to go since the controls are so loose. I didn't struggle too much with it after a playthrough of the game, though I also did Dyad a couple months back which, while using a tunnel interface rather than the mostly flat surfaces of this game, also requires a lot more precision for some stages, so I'm not sure how much that may have helped me out.

With all that in mind though, I recommend getting it on PS4. The list really isn't that bad with some practice, and I say this as someone who was getting pissed at the game in the first few levels due to a lack of experience. :P

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The All Perfects on the Deer stage and All Goods on the Fighting Hearts is a bit annoying. I always say this for any kind of collectathon-type trophy (and make no mistake, this is a collectathon type trophy if you think about it), the trophy requirement should be something like "Get 90% of the required things" to allow for some kind of leeway for those like myself without super great timing (or you know, collecting documents or stars or whatever in other genres). I hesitate to call this a rhythm game; it's a mix of genres and the controls are a bit too loose for my liking. Great game though the Plat requirements are suitably difficult for me. At least a personal 6.

A tip for anyone who's not super great at rhythm games/timing: Perfects tend to have an extra frame of delay, while Goods tend to require you to hit things slightly earlier (too early or late obviously nets you an OK).

Edited by easterkeke
  • Like 1

I'd say between 3 to 5 depending on how much you have a sense for the rhythm, but it's quite doable nonetheless. Just expect to replay a few stages quite a few times if you're not that rhythm-savvy.There's two riddles (the perfect emperor and being only good in a devilish fight) that will really test it, so don't forget you can turn off sound and concentrate on the visual prompts instead of trying to synch your inputs with the music. 

The rest is quite easy, you can cheat the high scroe in arcade album by restarting the current level if you die and being in the ranking in YOLO Arcade doesn't require you to go all the way without dying.

So don't worry, with enough persistence you'll get it, regardless of your skills with rhythm games, it's not that hard at all.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I would rank it a 9 out of 10 due to bullshit game design decisions made and the obvious lack of testing for the Zodiac Riddles. To me, the Yolo Arcade rank trophy should require a lower rank (oh I don't know, 200,000) because the Forest Dub is impossible to see correctly.

The timing related trophies are bs as well and I have had trophies in this game not unlock even though I met the requirements of the riddle and had to go back through the level again to get it to unlock.

The Parallel Universes level causes friggin' headaches because it blinks too fast.

If you are making a game and it causes headaches and there are complaints such as this, you may not know what tf you are doing and should find another line of work.

• Like 1

So when trying to do Yolo Arcade for the rank trophy:

1) I died because I overcorrected due to the analog controls being slippery on "Begin Again"

2) I run into objects that I can see in "Begin Again" and yet hit anyway despite attempting to move

3) I die on "Forest Dub" because I apparently fell off the mushroom and it all of a sudden said I was dead

You say it's well made, I say it's an overrated p.o.s. game made by people who didn't know what they were doing. The soundtrack is great but after dying so many times, I've begun to mute my TV.

I got the Capricornus B trophy finally and I have been working on Scorpius B since last night. I am convinced that zodiac riddle is impossible and thus cements my point that this is a terrible game.

I got headaches, my stomach hurts, my hands hurt, and I've been crying endlessly.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2021-09-29 at 6:45 AM, Unebrion said:

I would agree with this. No where near a 9 or 10/10. I would also say it is amazing and well worth spending some time with. Really liked this game.

I just finished and while I’d say for me personally it was a couple points higher than the guide’s rating of a 4, this is absolutely nowhere in the realm of a 9 lol. Reading the comments from the dude above who said he was crying and getting stomach aches literally made me laugh out loud lmfao ?

This game is basically entirely about memorization and how quick you can memorize the track layouts and recognize the timing and patterns, since the gold ranks basically require near perfect, deathless runs in order to get enough points. My memory is not great on a good day, so I found myself playing some levels a couple dozen times before I achieved gold ranks on them.

Luckily most of the tracks are not too long and they feel absolutely AMAZING! Ripping down the tracks at face-blistering speeds while soaking up the incredible soundtrack and trippy psychedelic visuals was just an incredible experience. This game was recommended to me by a friend and I would recommend this to anybody in turn. It’s that good!

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
On 11/2/2020 at 5:18 AM, POEman553 said:

Finally got the Platinum. I stand by my earlier assessment that it's a 9.

I haven't played this game yet, but I will report back after I have. If this is a 9, what is Super Meat Boy then, in your opinion? A 10 surely wouldn't justify SMB then. 

On 11/29/2021 at 10:46 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I just finished and while I’d say for me personally it was a couple points higher than the guide’s rating of a 4, this is absolutely nowhere in the realm of a 9 lol. Reading the comments from the dude above who said he was crying and getting stomach aches literally made me laugh out loud lmfao 1f602.png

It was true though. Are you saying I'm not telling the truth? I literally was in the bathroom for about 20 minutes after play sessions/attempts to complete riddles. I had to take tylenol due to hand cramps.

Normally, I'm not light sensitive/prone to nausea from playing video games but Sayonara Wild Hearts affected me. Kinda the reason why I haven't attempted the EU stack.

And yes, Super Meat Boy will be a 10/10 for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

It was true though. Are you saying I'm not telling the truth? I literally was in the bathroom for about 20 minutes after play sessions/attempts to complete riddles. I had to take tylenol due to hand cramps.

Normally, I'm not light sensitive/prone to nausea from playing video games but Sayonara Wild Hearts affected me. Kinda the reason why I haven't attempted the EU stack.

And yes, Super Meat Boy will be a 10/10 for me.

No I’m not saying you are lying. I’m saying it’s hilarious picturing you aching and “crying endlessly” in the bathroom (as you put it) after playing Sayonara Wild Hearts. I’m sorry if that’s mean but I mean come on, how is that not funny. The mental image alone had me dead lmao

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This is a 6/10 for me and it took about 12 hrs. Some were quite grueling.

Context: I've done 100% in bloodborne, Arkham city, killzone sf, ac Valhalla, rayman legends etc. 

The hardest trophies for me were the "perfect" and "good" for all qtes. The perfect especially, must have been stuck on that for 4 hrs.

The rest were very doable. 

Overall great game 8/10