PS4 Sold For $10K? Desperate Gamer Purchases Pre-Ordered Next-Generation Console On eBay

Goro

Almost as bad as the person that paid thousands for a picture of a PS3 on eBay when they first came out because they thought they were bidding on an actual unit. The eBay posting did say, "PS3 Pic," in the description.

Almost as bad as the person that paid thousands for a picture of a PS3 on eBay when they first came out because they thought they were bidding on an actual unit. The eBay posting did say, "PS3 Pic," in the description.

It was actually an 'Official playstation 3 box' that was bought this way. he got his empty box :D

If someone is stupid enough to buy a PSP box without the psp and pay up the ass for it then yeah I can see someone being stupid enough to pay 10k for a ps4

People need to learn how to read then. haha.

If I were filthy rich I'd buy new game consoles for thousands of dollars too. Think how awesome it would be to make someones day, hell probably month, when they log in to eBay and see they just made $10k. You could call me an idiot all you want but I'd get a kick out of it. 

Parker

• Like 1

Has to be fake, but if it is real I only have two questions to ask....1) WHY???????? and 2) Where the hell do you have that kind of money just laying around?

Probably a fake.

But if this really happened then...

1) Why? Well because he was desperate.

2) I don't know maybe he's rich...? Maybe..?

If this were true the guy would never live it down. I mean come on...just wait a month until they're available after release. It's not THAT big a deal you have the new one. :lol:

Why would you even have to wait a month? Here, you can just walk into a store on day one and buy your console. Worked with every generation so far; I don't see why it would be different this time. Is this different in other countries? This would explain this whole pre-order shenanigans....

Why would you even have to wait a month? Here, you can just walk into a store on day one and buy your console. Worked with every generation so far; I don't see why it would be different this time. Is this different in other countries? This would explain this whole pre-order shenanigans....

During the last generation people were buying consoles on Ebay for double the price simply because they were so tough to find here around the release time. It really depends on where you live, but in my area depending on the game they could only bring in a few copies. With consoles there is just such a high demand in general their first shipment isn't enough. Some places flat out stop taking pre orders even, it is indeed shenanigans.

During the last generation people were buying consoles on Ebay for double the price simply because they were so tough to find here around the release time. It really depends on where you live, but in my area depending on the game they could only bring in a few copies. With consoles there is just such a high demand in general their first shipment isn't enough. Some places flat out stop taking pre orders even, it is indeed shenanigans.

Well,after reading all this I decided to place a pre-order last night just to be safe xD

Wasn't Wii hard to get hand on?

You could import a PS4 from EU for that among of money.