New Images Show off the PS4′s UI, DualShock 4, Console

Aranea Highwind

The article has more photo i just posted a phew of then

There’s already been a few images (and even a video) depicting what we can expect from the PS4′s user interface, but giving us a little more information, Sony released a few new pictures.

In these, you’ll see the UI for the console, smartphones, how the messaging systems looks, and some older shots of the PS4, DualShock 4, and PlayStation Camera:

ps4_messages.png

smartphone_livedetailview.png

smartphone_profile.png

ps4_whatsnew.png

tablet_livedetailview.png

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/23/new-images-show-off-the-ps4s-ui-dualshock-4-console/

• Like 1

Despite being impressed with the clean interface, I'm more impressed with the number of trophies Knack has. The dude is only on 62% trophies for Knack and has unlocked 150 trophies. I wonder if PS4 games will have a bigger number of trophies. :/

Despite being impressed with the clean interface, I'm more impressed with the number of trophies Knack has. The dude is only on 62% trophies for Knack and has unlocked 150 trophies. I wonder if PS4 games will have a bigger number of trophies. :/

I can't see there being over 200+ trophies unless the start giving tropheis for the smallest of things

• Like 2

I can't see there being over 200+ trophies unless the start giving tropheis for the smallest of things

*Takes first step* YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY

*Pauses* YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY

*Earns a trophy* YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY

Haha yeah I know, its probably just test data to fill the blank spots. I just find it funny though. :D

I just hope you can set themes and change the color/background of that horrible sea blue, and looks like you can set your nickname instead of psn name I wonder if they will show the nickname set or psn name during online games or maybe an option? 

edit- did something real quick to show what I mean and knack 45 gold trophies wat 

Untitled_1.jpg

Edited by DatLoli
  • Like 1

I just hope you can set themes and change the color/background of that horrible sea blue, and looks like you can set your nickname instead of psn name I wonder if they will show the nickname set or psn name during online games or maybe an option? 

edit- did something real quick to show what I mean and knack 45 gold trophies wat 

Untitled_1.jpg

I beleive your PSN name will be the default and you can choose whoever you want to see your irl name.

So what If I want to change my "real" name to not show people.... What if I go by another name and dont want people to know my "real" name....? Since sony doesnt allow us to change our account name.

Edited by Br3akingDawn

Woah wait are we finally getting custom avatars? This set up kinda reminds me of Steam, just looks more organized.

I agree. Like a previous comment said, it also reminds me of the Windows8 tiles. Which, to say the truth, I like. 

Btw, Steam *recently* (idk how recently, only opened it up a couple days ago after 2weeks of not using it) updated its social interface, looks A LOT better now.

So what If I want to change my "real" name to not show people.... What if I go by another name and dont want people to know my "real" name....? Since sony doesnt allow us to change our account name.

This was discussed before I believe with Sony themselves, something about allowing you do disable the social function to not show your real name and continue using your PSNid (which I rather like :D)

Edited by ElfenSky