Around the Globe progress tracking?

orzelek25

I was literally just about to post about the new patch having the tracker, but it looks like you already know haha! Guess I'll have to return to the game again soon and see just how far I got.

Here are the patch notes:

Community Update - Patch Notes (25/02/2020)

As discussed last week, we have been working hard on some community-requested features in GRID. As always, thank you for your feedback and ongoing support. We hope you enjoy these changes - after all, you asked for them!

Bugs

• Fix for Hot lap joining issue grid placement.
  • Rain on the window screen is working correctly again with all vehicles.

Features

• Added the ability to tune vehicle in the pause menu in Skirmish (Once in Skirmish mode: Pause > Vehicle Tuning > Tune to what you like > Apply)
  • Added the ability to remove scratches and dirt when changing liveries or changing vehicles

Once you have driven with a vehicle it will have built up scratches and dirt, changing your livery will automatically clean your vehicle, entering into the garage and finding the vehicle you were using will give you the option ‘Clean and Respray’ in the tooltips at the bottom of the screen, press the right trigger button and this will clean your vehicle. This can also be done in the vehicle select menu screen as well. Note – The vehicle can only be cleaned if you own it

• Added a stats screen (To access the stats screen: Main Menu > Player Profile > Edit Profile > Statistics)

This will give you stats for the following:

- Distance Driven
- Career Events Completed
- Total Drafting Time
- Cars Overtaken
- Distance on Racing Line
- Good Corners Taken
- Total Gear Shifts
- Total Air Time
- Distance Driven on Two Wheels
- Total Drift Distance

Update is now available across Xbox One, PS4, and PC. For Stadia, these changes will be included with the release of Season 2.

Edited by SolidNinjaSnake
  • Like 1

I'm at 4479.67km. That is 11,2% done?

Seems like doing donuts counts for km's driven. But you have to finish the lap
I was at 4488.49 km and drove two laps of the oval circuit (4.08 km) Total of 8.16km So I should have ended at 4496.65, but I ended up at 4497.13.
So i drove 0.48 km more. I didn't do many donuts, just wanted to try this.
But I don't know if you get disqualified at some point

Edited by Mr_Marty84

On 1/21/2020 at 0:28 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I know it's a longshot but latest response is they are looking into a tracker, So if people can help post and boost the thread below up maybe just maybe we will get a in game tracker.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43455-around-the-globe-trophyachievement-problem/?page=3

In a way, I don't want to know how close/far I am at this point. This is a soul crushing trophy.

EDIT:

I Just checked.

I'm at 11, 001 miles. Not even halfway to 24, 901?, but not terribly far away. Still sitting here on the bowl - Sorry! ? - in disbelief, thinking I was close!

Edited by TheGoaler
Update to my post

11 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I was at 4488.49 km and drove two laps of the oval circuit (4.08 km) Total of 8.16km So I should have ended at 4496.65, but I ended up at 4497.13.

Had a friend that joked about doing the rubber band technique, worked out that a 20m donut, at a steady speed of 200kmh would literally take 2 million hours to get the trophy ?

8 hours ago, Turbobuddah said:

Had a friend that joked about doing the rubber band technique, worked out that a 20m donut, at a steady speed of 200kmh would literally take 2 million hours to get the trophy ?

How did you get that number ? Ôô

Maybe i didnt get what you mean, but for me 40.000 kms at 200km/h take 200 hours ... not 2 millions Ôô

On 2/25/2020 at 8:45 AM, Mr_Marty84 said:

I tried the rubber band donut trick before on a solo race and wasn't disqualified after leaving it for an hour. I had heard that it wasn't counting that distance, but that was based on the Xbox achievement tracker on the console itself. It was theorized that the game just counted the laps you did and multiplied it by the stated track distance. 

But if what you're saying is true, that will save a bunch of game time.

I just did donuts for about  2 hours. I got about 40-45km added to my total km. Just make sure you get to see a saving icon. If you don't and you stop playing and start the game again your counter will be what it was before your session. I only think the game doesnt auto save if you quit the race. 

I drove the donuts with the mini. 22/23 km/h. This is why I have two ps4's? One disconnected from the internet and 1 to play other games

1 minute ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I just did donuts for about  2 hours. I got about 40-45km added to my total km. Just make sure you get to see a saving icon. If you don't and you stop playing and start the game again your counter will be what it was before your session. I only think the game doesnt auto save if you quit the race. 

I drove the donuts with the mini. 22/23 km/h. This is why I have two ps4's1f605.png One disconnected from the internet and 1 to play other games

Rubberband?

And how often does the save icon show?

2 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I drove the donuts with the mini. 22/23 km/h. This is why I have two ps4's1f605.png One disconnected from the internet and 1 to play other games

40 kms in 2 hours ... You know that doing it that way will take you 2000 hours ! (a little over 83 days non-stop playing  ... close to 3 months ^^')

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waltdisneypixar said:

Rubberband?

And how often does the save icon show?

yeah rubberbanding. One for the stick holding left/right and something for accelerate.
If you quit your race you need to start another race for the save icon to show (bottom left)

1 minute ago, seblegamer said:

40 kms in 2 hours ... You know that doing it that way will take you 2000 hours ! (a little over 83 days non-stop playing  ... close to 3 months ^^')

Yeah I know it will take some time but this is running on my other ps4 while playing other games. And once in a while I race myself. But gonna start doing that when the trophies are going live

1 minute ago, seblegamer said:

What about the 2 million donuts?

Is that it? 40km in 2 hours?

2 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

yeah rubberbanding. One for the stick holding left/right and something for accelerate.
If you quit your race you need to start another race for the save icon to show (bottom left)

Yeah I know it will take some time but this is running on my other ps4 while playing other games. And once in a while I race myself. But gonna start doing that when the trophies are going live

Having a console on for 3 months for a plat??.

are we crazy?

I'm not gonna do donuts anymore. Had it running for four hours yesterday and I only got 90km added. Better to drive 50 rounds on the oval track. Takes around 30 minutes and you get about 200km.
I'm drving the Porsche 917/30

Edited by Mr_Marty84

18 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I'm not gonna do donuts anymore. Had it running for four hours yesterday and I only got 90km added. Better to drive 50 rounds on the oval track. Takes around 30 minutes and you get about 200km.
I'm drving the Porsche 917/30

how do i select this oval track?