Around the Globe progress tracking?

orzelek25

On 2/14/2020 at 5:21 AM, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Here's the tweet in question.

It was actually one of the reasons I bought the Ultimate Edition of the game, as they added trophies for the DLC for Dirt Rally 2.0 and I thought maybe they will do the same for Grid. It didn't look like they were going to which made me kinda regret my purchase, but it's nice to hear that they apparently will be now.

The difference between these two games though, is that Dirt Rally's DLC rolled out weekly (or was it fortnightly?) for each Season, whereas with Grid it's released all in one go. Which makes me wonder, depending on the trophies they add, will they be retroactive or will we have to complete whatever the requirement will be again? ?

Damn it, I got the regular edition specifically because they didn't add any trophies to the first season so I thought I was safe from dlc trophies. 

Oh well. Im guna park the game for now and see about that mileage tracker and what the dlc trophies end up being.

On 19/02/2020 at 0:22 PM, Kostantlnos said:

Ps store eu the Grid Ultimate edition for 25.49 euro.Im thinking to buy it.

Think I'm going to get it as well while it's on sale.  With the PS Plus discount on top it's a good price.  Hopefully the DLC content will help with the boredom when it comes to the around the globe trophy.  Plus if they do end up adding DLC trophies down the line buying this ultimate edition should cover you for at least some of them.   

I started playing this game now and wrote down the driven distances from the career mode (with season 1 and season 2), so you can assess the need of driving distance after carrer mode and the two seasons.

In this list there are all races in original length (x1) and without hot qualifying lap.

Errors and omissions excepted ;-)

Tourenwagen                   358,38    km

Stock Car                         346,43    km

Tuner                               295,21    km

GT                                   474,04    km                                      Basisspiel    2355,44    km

Fernando Alonso             321,99    km

Invitational                        338,28    km

GRID World Series           221,11    km

Street                               416,25    km

Pro Racing                       539,81    km                                       Saison 1    1014,20    km

Super Hatches Series        58,14    km

Classic                             447,24    km

Modern                            488,76    km                                       Saison 2    1016,96    km

Track Day GT Series         80,96    km

GESAMT    4386,60    km

Edited by kasorugi
wrong formatting
  • Like 1

On the codemaster forum, a Social Media & Community Team member posted we should keep checking their forum this afernoon.
This was a response to a tracker and photomode. Don't know which one he meant but lets see what they are going to do.

@kasorugi

Thanks for the list. We just have to complete the career (basis and season 1 and 2) 10x for the around the globe trophy?

13 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

Trophies for all seasons and Player stats in the Profile section, including total mileage is coming in the next update.

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/02/grid-car-tuning-in-multiplayer-and-more-community-requested-additions/

Fantasic. Dlcs might be worth a purchase as well if they add trophies. Not sure how they would work for the people who have already finished them.

Also really hope stats dont reset when the mileage counter comes on

3 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Fantasic. Dlcs might be worth a purchase as well if they add trophies. Not sure how they would work for the people who have already finished them.

Their Community Manager said on Discord that, based on what they know, there's no way those trophies linked to S1 and S2 can be automatically completed when they're added.

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

Do we know when this update will come up ? (with DLC trophies added)
Would like to be sure and see those trophies before buying the Ultimate Edition (on sale until 5th March) ^^

Those trophies will release when season 3 will be launched. Since there was around 2 months between season 1 and 2, I don't think season 3 will arive before april.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:17 AM, LordWikii said:

Their Community Manager said on Discord that, based on what they know, there's no way those trophies linked to S1 and S2 can be automatically completed when they're added.

That blows. Maybe i should hold off on finishing Season 2, then. 

As if this post, a shocking 80 people have the Platinum, so it won't be ultra-rare.

4 hours ago, Rammstone said:

Community-requested add-ons, such as car cleaning, player stats, and multiplayer tuning, will be dropping Tuesday morning around 10am GMT

Player stats as in the distance I've driven so far? Good if so. Would hate for it to reset progress though 

New update tracks the trophy

3 hours ago, Colt said:

Player stats as in the distance I've driven so far? Good if so. Would hate for it to reset progress though 

First up, in the next update we’ll be adding an area in GRID’s profile section, that allows each player to view their own in-game statistics and accolades. Included in this area will be the total distance you have driven in the game – something that’ll come in handy to track that infamous ‘Around The Globe’ Achievement/Trophy we devilishly included…

11 hours ago, waltdisneypixar said:

New update tracks the trophy

First up, in the next update we’ll be adding an area in GRID’s profile section, that allows each player to view their own in-game statistics and accolades. Included in this area will be the total distance you have driven in the game – something that’ll come in handy to track that infamous ‘Around The Globe’ Achievement/Trophy we devilishly included…

Yeah ok but question is does it track the distance driven in the past or it starts tracking from the day the tracker has been added?