Any good?

MMDE

It's a platformer, with some very light touch of puzzles, but don't expect any real puzzles, at all. You may get confused about what to do, and it may or may not be due to some bug. I think 3 or so times I had to restart a level due to it being impossible to progress. The jumping is awful, it's very picky about when you can jump when you run against an edge and jump. Landing takes a while making for slow platforming. Let's say you want to jump up some ledges in front of you. Naturally you'd hold "direction" and tap "x". Well, you'd just be jumping at the wall and backwards. Very annoying, and a completely useless feature. Ledge hanging doesn't work half of the time, meaning you will drop down instead of jumping, and this can be extremely infuriating. There's some "precise platforming" sections, and those will just be frustrating. Rest of the game is decent enough, though the battle system is kinda terrible too. I was able to get inside walls and outside the screen and so on, as the game has plenty of bugs. The good part is that you really got infinite lives, because when you die, you just go back to exactly where you died, and when you run out of lives and it's game over, you do the exact same. The exception to this is bosses, which has to be done in 3 lives, which is honestly fairly easy. Game takes like 1-5 hours somewhere, depending on how fast you are. Knowing how the life system works, you can just rush through everything. I think pressing the pause button takes you back to the main menu AKA out of the level... Also, one time during a dialogue, I was unable to press X for it to continue. I actually had to hit the touch pad button.

If you're into platformers, want some easy trophies, and this is up for cheap, it's not a bad deal.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kwotey said:

No its probably the worst game ever made. No lie. I'm stuck at Ice Mountain (level 9) there a part of the level I keep clipping through the floor. I can't get past it. This game is fucking abysmal. Not even worth it if it was free. 

Nah, there's far worse, you just haven't played 'em.

Like a few say this game sucks, if it was full price I’d feel robbed, I can tell you this game went through no Quality Assurance or even a Game Tester my first play through I wanted the game to end so badly... and the first intro was good made Professor Advisor (great name btw) looked like he was related to Dr Robotnik but during playthrough he looked different. But yeah if it’s not under a dollar you may want to pass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwotey said:

I've just finished it and wow! Ive played bad games before but this takes first place. No wonder it's selling for 79p. I hate this game so much. I almost dropped it and was going to hide the trophy card. I feel dirty after playing this. 0/10.

Well, I'm telling you this is not the worst of the stuff I've played for PS4, and I had to restart several of the levels in this game. One level I think I had to restart 3 or 4 times. Some of the switches just stopped working, or some arrow wall just wouldn't go down. I remember one wall I struggled with, first the button stopped working to open it. Second time I got past it but something else messed up later, and on the third playthrough of that level I noticed there was some urn I could jump on and then just jump over the wall (not intended). Silly garbage.

If anyone wants to see what drove me insane:

first time trying to get past the arrow wall

second time trying to get past the arrow wall and I just jump over, the puzzle with the lights right afterwards makes no sense either.

me trying to show and explain the bad ledge hanging

still same level, and notice the wall at the end of the path, it's supposed to go down when you kill the enemies there

I spend several minutes trying to figure out if there's something I've missed, because I didn't really know if the gate was supposed to be opened by me killing the enemies there... I try to look for any playthroughs online, can't find any...

then I try to use this one ability to get past, but I actually end up going through a wall and eventually end up off-screen etc...

third time I know I can just jump past the first bs

then I get to the previous place I got stuck, and let's see if I fare any better this time...

this section made me feel like the worst platform player ever

Just to put the icing on the cake, I couldn't press X during the conversation at the end of the level (had to press touch pad)

At some point I get to a gate you just enter when you walk into it, which is fine, but I walk around for a good while before I understand the path to get further in the level is actually to jump over this massive door opening.

How do you know you're supposed to jump up at the end of the path here, and the part right afterwards, where I open a door, get past the door, fight some enemies, can somehow go back through the closed door, but when I go back it locks forever, and I feel stuck, nowhere to go. Notice how I jump near the machine at the very left many many times. Somehow in the end it took me up and I tried not to think any more of it. It didn't seem to work anywhere else.

If anyone wonders how to kill the last boss, here's how:

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I run into a glitch in a first level in the game (third, counting tutorials) and I needed to restart. I couldn't even kill myself to restart from a checkpoint (I don't even know yet if there's any). ~41% platinum percentage is pretty high for a garbage like this. It's certainly not the worst game on par with Orc Slayer or Little Adventure On a Prairie, but it not high above them in crap scale.

On a lighter note, what this dude screaming when attacking? "Excuse me, doc!"? This game may have one of the strangest voice acting in videogames ever.

• Like 1

Not to mention how f**king loud this game is too, with no option to turn it down or off. As mentioned above, pressing the Options button takes you back to the home screen rather than pausing the game, which means you have to start from the very beginning of the level, even if you were right near the end of it. The jumping sucks and the ledge climbing seems to be random, either making you jump up or fall off. I also ran into several bugs where I would fall through the bottom of the map or through the side (despite this is where you are supposed to go!), and I would have to restart the entire level. 

Even at $2 or so that I paid for it, I would not recommend this game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikku_teh_Perfid said:

Horrible game, glitchy af, super annoying and there is no way to pause it (Options button takes you back to level select). But it's pretty easy (there is no game over), short and cheap. I wouldn't buy it again. 

There's game over in boss battles. :P 

• Like 1

The terrible graphics kept reminding me of Attacking Zegeta. When you combine the gameplay somehow Crash Dummy actually ends up being a worse game. All its really got going for it is that the platinum is obtainable.

Someone mentioned above this game clearly didn't have any QA, well I'd also be surprised if the dev even playtested it. From the first couple seconds anyone can realize that's not how running or jumping should control in a platformer.

I can't wait to get a second stack of this.

8 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Say everything played fine, no bugs or anything as mentioned above

how longs the platinum? 5 hours?

ive played yasai ninja and stacked orc slayer

i know a thing or two about bad games

for a buck, what the fuck

I highly doubt you’ll be lucky enough that the game plays “fine” but it should only take 2-5 hrs to complete.... I collected almost everything in my first playthrough it took 7 hrs, my 2nd playthrough (I just tried to finish levels without picking up to much)I did it in 3 hrs and still took breaks on it. 

I'm in level 6 currently so I'm almost half-way the game and I must admit it not as bad as I initially thought. I'm ready to say it'd be pretty decent title with good gameplay ideas if not these terrible bugs (yesterday I run into another glitch when sawblade that hit me sent me beneath the floor and I've had to restart the game) and OPT button (I lost almost an hour cumulative because of this, and now I think twice before I hit OPT when I play different game).

Game is very easy (game over don't even send you back to beginning of the level), so it's not that you're losing much of your progress because of shitty game mechanics. I even start to not regretting buying it for a 1$ (the original price is undoubtly laughable).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Currently on level 9 and have fallen through the floor 3 times at the end of the level..... Worst game I've ever played. 

Was you running and jumping on the right side? That pissed me off in the ice levels get towards the end and fall off the side... originally like $24, I feel bad for whoever paid that price for this broken ass game

Just finished it and got the Platinum - For the love of God don't play this ! 

It's soo buggy and infuriating - the only levels i sort of enjoyed were the boss ones and maybe that's cause they take about 1-2mins to complete

It cost me a $1.50 here in NZ but its regular price when not on sale is $40 ! That's ridiculous considering I've seen games with less bugs and more polish as Flash Games on NewGrounds

• 5 months later...

a boring, uninspired, buggy, clunky entire mess of a game and this is coming from sat here playing it as they're typing this, i can't stand it wouldn't even recommend it for it's easy platinum which is why 99% of people bought it. one massive complain i have is jumping upwards will work fine one minute and then no matter what i try won't work the next time so i'll be stuck trying to climb a ledge for a literal 20 minutes 

• 3 years later...
9 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Is this still a glitchy game, or all issues have actually been ironed out? :hmm:

It's probably completely broken still, however, it is very doable to complete. It's not the worst game ever, it just doesn't really work as it should.