Official Server Shutdown announced: January 2021

Juxta-Dowgle

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, POEman553 said:

As of right now (12/21/19), the servers aren't recording match history, don't try to play it right now. Maybe 2K/Gearbox will fix it soon.

I didnt have any trouble this morning - it recorded progress towards my dailies.

Unless match history affects something else?

10 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I didnt have any trouble this morning - it recorded progress towards my dailies.

Unless match history affects something else?

Match history effects everything but I guess those daily quests and I think character rank. If it fails to retrieve the history, your lore progress from the match gets wiped out even if it recorded it as complete or showed progress. I've noticed in the past couple of days around late night (11pm EST) the servers start to screw up and you keep getting the error. I thought maybe short games could help, so I did some Capture matches would help but nope, they'd still fail, but the matches take 5 minutes so nothing major was lost. It does make me consider just giving up on the DLC since Alani's Riptide lore challenge is such a massive pain in the butt.

32 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

Match history effects everything but I guess those daily quests and I think character rank. If it fails to retrieve the history, your lore progress from the match gets wiped out even if it recorded it as complete or showed progress. I've noticed in the past couple of days around late night (11pm EST) the servers start to screw up and you keep getting the error. I thought maybe short games could help, so I did some Capture matches would help but nope, they'd still fail, but the matches take 5 minutes so nothing major was lost. It does make me consider just giving up on the DLC since Alani's Riptide lore challenge is such a massive pain in the butt.

Nah, I take that back - if it doesn't record, you lose everything.  Just seems to he a 50/50 chance on if it records right now

Let's hope it's temporary, but for anyone else working on this, dont put it off (incase it doesn't get fixed, this take much longer than expected)

Edited by AJ_-_808

Versus matches is hit and miss atm.

But have zero problems doing story missions. Those save progress as it should be. So am doing the lore that is possible in story till they fix it. (Its holliday season, so it may take them a while)

It is possible to complete the characters with one versus related lore challenge. Just make sure you complete the rest in story missions, and boost the versus one with a friend in a single match. It wont get saved, but the trophy will pop. Except the “play with this battleborn in team” ones ofcourse.

6 hours ago, Drajkoh said:

Versus matches is hit and miss atm.

But have zero problems doing story missions. Those save progress as it should be. So am doing the lore that is possible in story till they fix it. (Its holliday season, so it may take them a while)

It is possible to complete the characters with one versus related lore challenge. Just make sure you complete the rest in story missions, and boost the versus one with a friend in a single match. It wont get saved, but the trophy will pop. Except the “play with this battleborn in team” ones ofcourse.

Story missions were also a 50/50 shot for me over the weekend. 

18 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

This requires further testing, but I saw an immediate improvement in matches recording when I switched server from "use optimal" to a specific server.  In my case, I tried Asia East 

I wasn't aware of being able to do that. I'll try that and see what happens. I think it'll be a crapshoot to getting it to save.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

As of 12/28/19, lore challenges seem to be working and match history retrieval is working. I would highly recommend working on this game until you get the Platinum/100%. No way of knowing if it will stop working soon.

I was just on it this morning (12/28), and only had 1 of 5 matches save. Hopefully, it's working now and I just caught the tail end of junky servers

Edited by AJ_-_808

Almost on cue, the servers aren't working right again. I really wish violent things to happen to people at Gearbox for their sheer incompetence. Yet they want to make a loot based shooter with Godfall next generation and they can't even maintain servers for a game year away from shutdown?

EDIT: Perhaps wishing for violence is a little too strong. Maybe confronted at E3 about the servers? Why can't "game journalists" be actual journalists?

Edited by POEman553

7 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Almost on cue, the servers aren't working right again. I really wish violent things to happen to people at Gearbox for their sheer incompetence. Yet they want to make a loot based shooter with Godfall next generation and they can't even maintain servers for a game year away from shutdown?

They're not making Godfall, just publishing it. They've fixed this error before while really having no reason to since the game is completely dead, they'll fix it again but god you don't deserve it :facepalm:

• Like 1

Oh deary deary me. It honestly perplexes me how people defend shitty business practices like this. They have a duty of care to the game until it goes down. Reminds me of those ignoramuses who say "bUt It WaS dEaD tHo" when games shut without warning. Let's all suck their cock when they fix the servers for this when the servers should be working perfectly, as intended, until the second it goes down. If they can't be arsed to maintain it for 15 months then don't announce it to shut in 15 months, give it a shorter sunset period. What use is a game that barely tracks or saves stats? 

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 2