How do the dlc work in this game

Blood-Stalker1

So i have a few questions 

where do find them in the ingame shop ( i have the standard version and made a bedesta account ) 

and will I be able to play them on other profiles if buy them because I don’t why they are not in the PlayStation store  

I have not even started this game but if the dlc is this great of a pain I rather not even play this game just a waist of money then 

• Like 1

You need Rage coins to access the dlc. I don’t think you can buy the dlc on one playstation user then play it on another account because it’s a in-game unlock. I could be wrong though.
You wouldn’t be missing a lot if you choose to pass on this game. It’s seriously lacking content, performance etc..

8 minutes ago, MikeCromarty said:

You need Rage coins to access the dlc. I don’t think you can buy the dlc on one playstation user then play it on another account because it’s a in-game unlock. I could be wrong though.
You wouldn’t be missing a lot if you choose to pass on this game. It’s seriously lacking content, performance etc..

Is the that bad because I bought it on Black Friday 

standard edition for 20 euro but if known the dlc be like this I wish I spend my money on a other game 

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm looking at possibly getting the Deluxe Edition which is currently on sale. But I was looking at the vanilla edition and it seems you can't outright buy the DLC? Are they free updates? I mean the Deluxe says I get free access to one of them...but if I can't purchase it without the deluxe edition, how else would one get it? There seems to be microtransactions for some kind of in game currency... are the DLC's some kind of in-game purchase from MTX?

Seems weird. Just trying to find out if the Deluxe Edition is really worth it or not.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Viper said:

So I'm looking at possibly getting the Deluxe Edition which is currently on sale. But I was looking at the vanilla edition and it seems you can't outright buy the DLC? Are they free updates? I mean the Deluxe says I get free access to one of them...but if I can't purchase it without the deluxe edition, how else would one get it? There seems to be microtransactions for some kind of in game currency... are the DLC's some kind of in-game purchase from MTX?

Seems weird. Just trying to find out if the Deluxe Edition is really worth it or not.

The DLCs can only be bought with Rage Coins via the in-game store, which means you have to spend real money on a butt load of microtransactions if you want either of the paid for expansions but the Deluxe Edition lets you download the first one for free so you only need to pay for one of the DLCs instead of both of them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The DLCs can only be bought with Rage Coins via the in-game store, which means you have to spend real money on a butt load of microtransactions if you want either of the paid for expansions but the Deluxe Edition lets you download the first one for free so you only need to pay for one of the DLCs instead of both of them.

Are you serious? I was just spitballing nonsense when I mentioned that in my post. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?  Shit, I might as well just get the standard edition to spite them for that horrid decision. 

Are Rage Coins purely MTX....or can you earn them in game and eventually get enough through excessive grinding? 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Viper said:

Are you serious? I was just spitballing nonsense when I mentioned that in my post. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?  Shit, I might as well just get the standard edition to spite them for that horrid decision. 

Are Rage Coins purely MTX....or can you earn them in game and eventually get enough through excessive grinding? 

Rage Coins can only be bought with real money from the PS Store, as there's no other way to get them in-game :(. ESO is the same way.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Okay maybe it's not SO bad. I searched around (a lot longer than I should have) and found an article on the in game price points for these 2 DLC.s 

Unless something has changed from these articles, then it states that Rise of the Ghosts is 1500 coins, and Terrormania is 500. Basically $20 for both. So that means, if I bought the Deluxe Edition that's on sale right now for $25...I'd just need to pay $5 for the 500 coins to get the Terrormania DLC (since Deluxe comes with Rise of the Ghosts), so basically $30 total for RAGE 2. As opposed to getting the standard edition for $20 right now, then having to pay $20 for the 2500 Coins to get both...paying $40 total. 

So if Terrormania is only $5...then that's not so bad. I still think doing it this was way was stupid. Now it's just deciding if I should wait for a BETTER sale on the Deluxe Edition...and get everything for cheaper. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 4

On 12/24/2019 at 5:46 AM, Viper said:

Okay maybe it's not SO bad. I searched around (a lot longer than I should have) and found an article on the in game price points for these 2 DLC.s 

Unless something has changed from these articles, then it states that Rise of the Ghosts is 1500 coins, and Terrormania is 500. Basically $20 for both. So that means, if I bought the Deluxe Edition that's on sale right now for $25...I'd just need to pay $5 for the 500 coins to get the Terrormania DLC (since Deluxe comes with Rise of the Ghosts), so basically $30 total for RAGE 2. As opposed to getting the standard edition for $20 right now, then having to pay $20 for the 2500 Coins to get both...paying $40 total. 

So if Terrormania is only $5...then that's not so bad. I still think doing it this was way was stupid. Now it's just deciding if I should wait for a BETTER sale on the Deluxe Edition...and get everything for cheaper. 

I'm in the same situation as you , i think I'll wait for a complete edition next year. This dlc unlocking method is not to my liking.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rwd1997 said:

I use an american account so if i buy the in game coins from the brazilian account i won't be able to use it in my main account (USA account) even if they sare the same region? 

Correct. Microtransactions and account bound DLC unlock keys are account locked, thus you won't be able to buy them with one account and use them on another :(.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Correct. Microtransactions and account bound DLC unlock keys are account locked, thus you won't be able to buy them with one account and use them on another :(.

That is a shame since i'm able to buy the dlc from one store and game from another. They really are making this dlc hard to get. 

• 8 months later...
On 08/10/2020 at 8:48 AM, Doma8800 said:

What about region lock? I have the game from EU region but my account is US. Will I be able access the store and purchase the coins or is it region locked like any "normal" DLC so my EU game won't recognize it?

Well, actually. The game allow me into the store (my profile is US, game is from my friend's EU profile). I can clearly buy coins myself and just press the "buy". 

But I was just checking out. Didn't actually do that until make sure it works. But technically looks like this. I can't Imagine game allow me to buy in-store and then keep locking. I think here works same logics as for any F2P game with it's own "coins" (Apex, Warzone). I think game doesn't give a shit since which game-regioun you use YOUR coins that being registered on their servers. But I can't be sure cuz it's still a bit different case. 

I think i'll try first with small amount of points. If it works-  I'll let you know. But yeah, f*@k this system in SP games, honestly. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I was thinking about playing this and I have the standard edition. Was looking on the PS store for a season pass and couldn't find anything but Rage coins. That is when I came across this post. This is the first time I have heard of a DLC being done like this. 

ESO does the same thing for the DLCs that aren't major expansions.

• 4 months later...

Quick question on this - what account is the DLC tied too?

I bought the Standard Edition a couple years, then eventually the Rage Coins and got the full 100% of trophies. I deleted the game and got rid of it. Now I want a digital copy.

Normally you can just download that and reinstall DLC's off the PSN store (being linked to your PS Profile), so what validates the DLC as being owned in Rage 2? I've logged into my Bethesda account online and it doesn't show any transactions.

1 hour ago, BluesFanUK said:

Quick question on this - what account is the DLC tied too?

I bought the Standard Edition a couple years, then eventually the Rage Coins and got the full 100% of trophies. I deleted the game and got rid of it. Now I want a digital copy.

Normally you can just download that and reinstall DLC's off the PSN store (being linked to your PS Profile), so what validates the DLC as being owned in Rage 2? I've logged into my Bethesda account online and it doesn't show any transactions.

I believe they're account bound, which means only the account that buys them, can use them. The DLCs for this game can only be bought in-game with Rage coins you buy from the PS Store but once bought, they should automatically appear in any copy of the game purchased with the same PSN and Bethesda accounts.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I believe they're account bound, which means only the account that buys them, can use them. The DLCs for this game can only be bought in-game with Rage coins you buy from the PS Store but once bought, they should automatically appear in any copy of the game purchased with the same PSN and Bethesda accounts.

Cheers. I'm looking at buying the game again from the Turkey store on a separate account as its half the price, and the CUSA codes are the exact same so my save file will be compatible.

Presumably then I should be ok as my UK account has the DLC.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...