RIP Platinium for GWENT (Arena trophy)

59 minutes ago, ShockyMackyDCA said:

The community manager of CDPR answered me on twitter. He said that the arena was removed from the consoles,because wothout cross-play it will be no longer active game mode and they decided to delete it.So,maybe it might be a chance to bring the arena back.I ask Pawel about it too,hopefully he will answer on this and of course in a positive way. https://twitter.com/pawelburza/status/1204095947640360966?s=21

Ive add also my twitter message for him and link that post :)
Players, like my post to make it even wider! There is a chance that we will act! :)

PS. I've got platinium but wanna help you :)

Damn, they actually removed it completely from the game... so weird logging in and not seeing arena available.  Wish I had finished those two trophies earlier now but it is what it is.  Just going to finish the available trophies and free up some hard drive space.

So i made a info about all trophies that i think are unobtainable:

100% unobtainable for now:
Deal With The Devil - Play one arena game.  - .....
Dupe The Devil - Finish a contract with Gaunter (complete an arena run). - ...
Traditionalist - Have 3 copies of the same card in an arena deck.  - ...
Apple of his Eye - Complete an arena run with at least 6 wins.  - ...

50/50% , not sure:
Trouper - Reach Rank 20 - i got some rank points last day so maybe its still able :)
Kickin' Up Dust - Play one ranked game.  - like upper one. I think, maybe u can got it :)

So 4 trophies for arena and 2  trophies for ranked games, which im not sure are unobtainable

47 minutes ago, PanBeskosty said:

So i made a info about all trophies that i think are unobtainable:
50/50% , not sure:
Trouper - Reach Rank 20 - i got some rank points last day so maybe its still able :)
Kickin' Up Dust - Play one ranked game.  - like upper one. I think, maybe u can got it :)

So 4 trophies for arena and 2  trophies for ranked games, which im not sure are unobtainable

I played 4 ranked matches yesterday on PS4, so these should be still obtainable. Though the player pool should be significantly smaller.

To be fair, Arena would be quasi unobtainable even if they added back the mode to the PS4 version, due to how the game mode is structured. You are playing with other players who are in the same bracket as you (i.e. players with 1 win, 2 wins, 3 wins, 4 wins, etc.). With the significantly lower player pool, chances for getting a 6-win run is drastically lower as well. It was a big RNG fest before, and did not get better with time.

47 minutes ago, Cortez71 said:

I played 4 ranked matches yesterday on PS4, so these should be still obtainable. Though the player pool should be significantly smaller.

To be fair, Arena would be quasi unobtainable even if they added back the mode to the PS4 version, due to how the game mode is structured. You are playing with other players who are in the same bracket as you (i.e. players with 1 win, 2 wins, 3 wins, 4 wins, etc.). With the significantly lower player pool, chances for getting a 6-win run is drastically lower as well. It was a big RNG fest before, and did not get better with time.

Yee. I think also about this but ill try help. Playing arenas and after reach arena 6. I'll surrender all games :)

Actually, I played Ranked Mode like 12 hours ago. For people needed that trophy.

CDPR announced a patch which should have been released yesterday but nothing happened yesterday. I am afraid there will be a patch soon (at the launch of the new season on PC) and this patch should close even more the ps4 version by deleting definitely Ranked mode.

The main issue for me is that CDPR should have announced a few months  before that they were going to close ps4 version (see what NaughtyDog did with ps3 versions of Uncharted and The Last of Us for good counter-examples). All companies have economic constraints and CDPR is not that big.

Edited by djippps

The last update dedicated for the console versions of GWENT (9th December, 2019) disables the following:
1. Matchmaking with other platforms
2. Ranked progression and ranked matches
3. Seasonal and other events
4. Arena mode

But

New season and rank match start now.

I don't know how long it will be, we still have a chance for rank trophy.

4 hours ago, syai0306 said:

The last update dedicated for the console versions of GWENT (9th December, 2019) disables the following:
1. Matchmaking with other platforms
2. Ranked progression and ranked matches
3. Seasonal and other events
4. Arena mode

But

New season and rank match start now.

I don't know how long it will be, we still have a chance for rank trophy.

gg, just checked and ranked matches seem to have been disabled.  Losing access to trophies left and right during finals week is slightly stress inducing, however, priorities.

7 hours ago, Cortez71 said:

you can boost it with 4 accs

p1 beats p2
p3 beats p4
p1 beats p3
loop this method til 6 wins

27 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

you can boost it with 4 accs

p1 beats p2
p3 beats p4
p1 beats p3
loop this method til 6 wins

The problem will be, to have accounts who can play together. The rank is dependent which player you will get. It will be difficult to find a player with rank 29, if you are 5 ranks higher.

Btw: I got a mosaic shard, why should I cannot get a rank up?

41 minutes ago, pewiha said:

The problem will be, to have accounts who can play together. The rank is dependent which player you will get. It will be difficult to find a player with rank 29, if you are 5 ranks higher.

Btw: I got a mosaic shard, why should I cannot get a rank up?

arena is based on wins only i think? nothing to do with ranks but i could be wrong.. 

so if you have 5 wins you cant match someone with 2 wins

so you need to get your alts up to 5 wins so they can find your main at 5 wins

its hard to boost it but doable

2 hours ago, Hakoom said:

arena is based on wins only i think? nothing to do with ranks but i could be wrong.. 

so if you have 5 wins you cant match someone with 2 wins

so you need to get your alts up to 5 wins so they can find your main at 5 wins

its hard to boost it but doable

Arena in Hearthstone, GWENT and most card games work the same. Your opponent should have same wins/lost as you. So 4 players isnt enough to do this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PanBeskosty said:

Arena in Hearthstone, GWENT and most card games work the same. Your opponent should have same wins/lost as you. So 4 players isnt enough to do this. 

no problem then il get 10 ppl lol :D 
if they ever listen we should all team up to do it asap

iam down for helping.. i just hope no other trophy is affected