Minecraft Bedrock is Official

OmegaRejectz

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

If it's like the xbox version, it'll have a whole brand new list

Interesting. If it is a new list, I hope the creative glitch is still working lmao.

Is it going to be a separate Download then? And if it is not, would the previous list be unobtainable for those that update?

• Like 1

Just now, Squirlruler said:

Interesting. If it is a new list, I hope the creative glitch is still working lmao.

Is it going to be a separate Download then? And if it is not, would the previous list be unobtainable for those that update?

I'm guessing it'll likely follow a similar route as kerbal space program, where the enhanced edition was free for owners, but it was a completely separate download and application whilst still keeping the original

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I'm guessing it'll likely follow a similar route as kerbal space program, where the enhanced edition was free for owners, but it was a completely separate download and application whilst still keeping the original

Cool beans. If the creative glitch still works I may do this list again.

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

"The next time you start Minecraft, the new update will install automatically and free of charge."

It doesn't sound like that's what they are saying. We'll find out soon enough though.

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

As per the PlayStation blog. It’s dropping tomorrow. From then on everyone that purchases the PS4 Edition gets the Bedrock one. Current owners of the PS4 edition get upgraded when you launch the game.

what is the bedrock edition? what does it do or give us to the ps4 one? can we make shields with different kinds of looks?

3 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

what is the bedrock edition? what does it do or give us to the ps4 one? can we make shields with different kinds of looks?

We'll have everything the other versions have. Except the dual wielding weapons thing, that's exclusive to the java version which is still independent. It also means we'll get expansions the same day as everyone else instead of waiting for months extra.

Also, pretty sure it's gonna have the mod marketplace and stuff like that. And cross play of course.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

We'll have everything the other versions have. Except the dual wielding weapons thing, that's exclusive to the java version which is still independent. It also means we'll get expansions the same day as everyone else instead of waiting for months extra.

Also, pretty sure it's gonna have the mod marketplace and stuff like that. And cross play of course.

hmm sounds cool

51 minutes ago, mekktor said:

"The next time you start Minecraft, the new update will install automatically and free of charge."

It doesn't sound like that's what they are saying. We'll find out soon enough though.

Pretty sure that's how the upgrade functioned on Xbox too and they still got achievements and a stand alone launcher. I'm not saying we'll get those things, but it's still possible. 

9 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

hmm sounds cool

Actually, it seems custom shields is java exclusive as well. Guess it was part of that combat update that only they got. Bastards.

At least we'll have foxes and bees lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

If this is the case, I've got 3 stacks as XB1 is my main system (done Minecraft on Xbox One, Windows 10, Nintendo Switch) and would very likely do it again on PS4. Ignore the idle achievement of "passing 100 days", this would probably take around 10 hours of active game-play. Significantly easier list than PS4's current list, and if you can host from a Win 10 device and join it'll make everything an absolute doddle. Some brilliant achievement worlds out there. 

12 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Pretty sure that's how the upgrade functioned on Xbox too and they still got achievements and a stand alone launcher. I'm not saying we'll get those things, but it's still possible. 

Yep, that's exactly how it worked. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

4 hours ago, KANERKB said:

Bedrock is the superior edition (not including Java) it’ll mean crossplay with all the others versions (minus Java), “infinite” worlds (like 65 million x 65 mil or something) the garbage marketplace & it’ll mean no long waits for updates. There’s still some things exclusive to Java, but it’s an improvement from PS4 edition imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Only takes about 15 minutes to set up(minus the time to download)

Hmmmm

maybe ill look into that thread again..

ive always been hesitant of the thought of tinkering with software like that

the biggest thing ive done swap out hardware like my drives and back-up my files but this is a little different

18 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I asked Deftones, and he seemed to notice three new Minecraft listings, but under the pretense of being betas, for NA/EUR/JP regions. One of the content ids he retrieved was UP4433-CUSA17382_00-MINECRAFTBETA000 I dunno if that has anything to do with the Bedrock update, but I found that interesting nonetheless. I wouldn't put it past Sony to have two trophysets in one game, if it's like you say. it's been done before, but would make more sense to rerelease...or just have dlc trophies added. I'm curious to see what's to come. 

Edit: Also of note is that Shovel Knight is supposed to receive its final DLC today. I'm curious if it'll apply to all three consoles again, or just be a standalone with Specter. 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman

17 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Only takes about 15 minutes to set up(minus the time to download)

If it works... I was trying it for a good 4 hours & couldn’t get it to work. Some people say it works perfectly & they have no issues & it seems others have the complete opposite experience.

5 hours ago, Klart said:

So is this up already?

It’s going to be sometime today.

(just speculation here, but my bet is that at State I’d Play (9am ET) it’ll air during or right after it ends) I hope at least...

Edit: it’s going to go live at 8am PST

Edited by OmegaRejectz
Edit