Carbon_Lancer

New Trophies incoming probably this month:

You Just Have To Task: Complete your first task in any Campaign

The Journey Begins…: Get your first Artifact to Level 1

Quarter Pounder: Complete 25 Tasks in any Campaign

Hard Taskmaster: Complete 100 Campaign Tasks in a single Campaign

…This Journey Ends: Get your first Artifact to Level 10

SOURCE

If you want to know more about campaigns, check it out here:https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/preview-5-0-0-update-breakdown-and-discussion/64597

• Like 1

On 17/05/2020 at 10:04 AM, SuperZay said:

Just a heads up, with a new update you can get ready medals to purchase in Daily Deals. Medal of Gaard and 1000 souls costs 100 gems for example. Which may save you a hour or more of Explore farming. So its a good idea to log in every day to check it even if you aren't active.

But if you are going for 100 Gold troops trophy, you should already know 300 medals aren't a problem... It's 6 millions souls farm that will eat most of your time.

I don't know how it takes an hour for you to farm a Medal and 1000 Souls. Maybe you haven't invest on a Soul team. I can easily farm 2025 souls per explore run, which takes less then 3 minutes. 

All I do is farm souls with a team until I have 30 milestones and then use my main team to get 3 tokens on Level 12. So I don't think it's actually worthy when those medals are only good to get the first medal on common troops, nothing else, and they come very naturally while farming other medals.

Try to spend those Gems on Weekend special offers from Dungeons instead, you'll get shards and diamonds and make one or two Pharo-ra. 

21 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I don't know how it takes an hour for you to farm a Medal and 1000 Souls. Maybe you haven't invest on a Soul team. I can easily farm 2025 souls per explore run, which takes less then 3 minutes. 

All I do is farm souls with a team until I have 30 milestones and then use my main team to get 3 tokens on Level 12. So I don't think it's actually worthy when those medals are only good to get the first medal on common troops, nothing else, and they come very naturally while farming other medals.

Try to spend those Gems on Weekend special offers from Dungeons instead, you'll get shards and diamonds and make one or two Pharo-ra. 

It doesn't take me 1 hour to get 1000 souls, it takes me less than 2 minutes, they are just included with the offer. And I have two Pharos, but don't use them anymore because there are soul farm teams with much better soul per hour ratio (I get 255 Souls with 2-3 clicks in 10 seconds in Explore 2). However I still buy all medals from Daily Offers because it saves those extra runs. If you count how many Explore runs (five soul farm Explore several times till 30, then six Explore 12 for 2-3 tokens) it takes for one medal, that's still a lot of time and matches. I don't want to play all day spamming Explore mode.

Edited by SuperZay

15 hours ago, SuperZay said:

It doesn't take me 1 hour to get 1000 souls, it takes me less than 2 minutes, they are just included with the offer. And I have two Pharos, but don't use them anymore because there are soul farm teams with much better soul per hour ratio (I get 255 Souls with 2-3 clicks in 10 seconds in Explore 2). However I still buy all medals from Daily Offers because it saves those extra runs. If you count how many Explore runs (five soul farm Explore several times till 30, then six Explore 12 for 2-3 tokens) it takes for one medal, that's still a lot of time and matches. I don't want to play all day spamming Explore mode.

What team are you using then? You don't need to play in Explore 2, it doesn't gives you more souls, so Explore 1 with your team would be even faster. I've tried other teams, but 405 souls for a 10-20seconds match, which is 2025 souls in 2-3min, I don't see what team has better results than this. 

Sure, there are some medals that are worth the Gems and effort, I just think Gaar is one that comes naturally while farming souls. 

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

What team are you using then? You don't need to play in Explore 2, it doesn't gives you more souls, so Explore 1 with your team would be even faster. I've tried other teams, but 405 souls for a 10-20seconds match, which is 2025 souls in 2-3min, I don't see what team has better results than this. 

Sure, there are some medals that are worth the Gems and effort, I just think Gaar is one that comes naturally while farming souls. 

Explore 2 gives the same souls but more Mythstones. My team would work with Explore 3 but I need a couple more Armor points (the damage scales off Rowanne's Armor). Phylactery+9, Rowanne, Leprechaun, Pharos Ra all fully traited, any class with 50% starting mana trait and maybe extra blue/green mana, Celestial Armor, Trident banner, Nysha, Anu and Garrd medals, any kingdom without respawning troops. Leprechaun starts fully charged and should fill other two troops (Nysha increases the number of gems exploded), Phylactery gives full souls and extra turn, Rowanne kills all troops, so you can win a battle on the first turn quite often. Much faster than Dragon Soul and double Pharos Ra team because you need a couple of DS/Pharos spells to fill souls.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaoloGaldor said:

Can't have holidays now in next ten weeks if you want the trophies. Get artifact to level 10 means complete tasks each week unless you spend RL money to get some bonus. Wait until you are over level 1100 and fed up with the games :-) !!!

Patch notes mention tasks carry over each week. Can also spend gems to complete them, so if youre not trying to hit super high scores in guild events, you should have a manageable number of gems to spare. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PaoloGaldor said:

Can't have holidays now in next ten weeks if you want the trophies. Get artifact to level 10 means complete tasks each week unless you spend RL money to get some bonus. Wait until you are over level 1100 and fed up with the games :-) !!!

Like @GunfighterHefty said, all tasks carry over, they just don't recommend you to do everything on weeks 9-10 because there are some tasks that might take a while.

Thankfully, you can do all trophies in 10 weeks. Unlocking Xathenos took way more time... Reaching 30k renown takes something like a year, because you can only do 3 delves per day. And while you can farm souls and explore whenever you want, getting 100 Troops with Elite Medals might take 2 years if don't have specific troops to boost the process.

Finally they made it more P2W than it ever was...
PremiumPass give PetFood, when i saw right, special Weapons and Units...

to less Shards for the Soulforge...

But the Quests are good to go... started yesterday, get the first gold complete, the second nearly, all bronze finished, silver stucked coz it needed Delves, six of them needed... three per day playable...

But i think i will finish for this week today... buuuuuuuuut there is so much more to do, this game i time consuming as fuck...

and High King Irongut in the Forge, spend my Stones for Scorpios... so yeah, life is shit...

Am I right that i now have to wait again something around 30 weeks until he will be back?

GrEEtZ

Those extra weapons and troops are "timed exclusives" for those who purchase the Elite Pass or the Elite+ Pass.  The cosmetic pet?  There's debate about that, but the lack of said cosmetic pet isn't going to lock people out of kingdom stars and thus isn't as much of a concern among the chattering class over at the official forums.  (Yet.)  Once this campaign concludes, those extra troops will go into chests after the usual "cooldown" period -- with the mythic also going into the Soulforge rotation -- and that extra weapon will be available either through flash (cash) sales or the Soulforge when its' kingdom rolls around.

As for High King Irongut and the Soulforge?  The way it works is that every mythic is placed into an eligible pool when a Soulforge mythic cycle resets.  (Not counting Xathenos and Zuul'goth, who are crafted and cannot be drawn naturally.)  Then, four mythics are picked at random on a given week and presented for crafting, with those four then removed from the eligible pool.  Once every mythic has been selected, it all resets and begins again.  With the current volume of mythic troops, it takes 3-4 months for a cycle to reset.

We're at the tail end of the current mythic cycle.  High King Irongut might come around again in two weeks, and he might not come around for twelve weeks or so.  We have no way of really predicting such.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chilary said:

I have now "Hunting Abynissia" quest - defeat Abynissia in any battle. Where can I find her to fight? Where can I check where to find specific enemies?

You can probably find some if you fight enough PvP.  I see plenty on a regular basis in there, and I suspect that there are even more this week on account of people sticking her in their defensive teams for just this purpose.  I know I did, as I threw out my Demon team to help with other tasks -- it has Abynissia, 4 Demons in total (for that task), 3 of them being purple (for that task).

Abynissia is also in mythic-tier battles in this week's World Event.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, acasser said:

Those extra weapons and troops are "timed exclusives" for those who purchase the Elite Pass or the Elite+ Pass.  The cosmetic pet?  There's debate about that, but the lack of said cosmetic pet isn't going to lock people out of kingdom stars and thus isn't as much of a concern among the chattering class over at the official forums.  (Yet.)  Once this campaign concludes, those extra troops will go into chests after the usual "cooldown" period -- with the mythic also going into the Soulforge rotation -- and that extra weapon will be available either through flash (cash) sales or the Soulforge when its' kingdom rolls around.

As for High King Irongut and the Soulforge?  The way it works is that every mythic is placed into an eligible pool when a Soulforge mythic cycle resets.  (Not counting Xathenos and Zuul'goth, who are crafted and cannot be drawn naturally.)  Then, four mythics are picked at random on a given week and presented for crafting, with those four then removed from the eligible pool.  Once every mythic has been selected, it all resets and begins again.  With the current volume of mythic troops, it takes 3-4 months for a cycle to reset.

We're at the tail end of the current mythic cycle.  High King Irongut might come around again in two weeks, and he might not come around for twelve weeks or so.  We have no way of really predicting such.

Ah OK that is helpful, hope he won't come back in such a short time... need fkn Diamonds at first xD

It's a mess that there is no possibility to farm these littly shiny stones... :/

GrEEtZ and tHx

17 hours ago, Chilary said:

I have now "Hunting Abynissia" quest - defeat Abynissia in any battle. Where can I find her to fight? Where can I check where to find specific enemies?

The current event in Guild (forgot the name) have her "guarantee" as the Mythic battle. 

Just keep fighting Purple battles until a Gold appears, then Gold until the Light Blue (Mythic) one shows up. Then repeat. 

I'm not sure if you can defeat her, then lose the battle to avoid reseting it. 

Yeah I don't understand why the silver tasks are more time consuming/difficult than the gold tasks.

The pet with the pass you pay money for I think is the biggest issue with the event. An extra pet isn't a big deal except you need max level pets to max out your kingdoms, so buying this pet (assuming you get enough copies to mythic it) means you can probably more easily upgrade a kingdom. 

5 hours ago, Nutrageous69 said:

The pet with the pass you pay money for I think is the biggest issue with the event. An extra pet isn't a big deal except you need max level pets to max out your kingdoms, so buying this pet (assuming you get enough copies to mythic it) means you can probably more easily upgrade a kingdom. 

This isn't an issue in Urskaya.  There are already four pets for that kingdom not counting the campaign cosmetic.  Yes, one of them is the faction pet and thus difficult to maxx out -- the Werewoods is a brutal place to try and beat at level 500 with a pure faction team.  (I'm trying this right now; it's going about as well as the Warrens did, and that one was the most difficult one I've done to date.)  And one of them is cosmetic, meaning you can't get it to show up from splattering a Pet Gnome.

But there are two regular pets that can be obtained through normal avenues.  Not to mention that Urskaya doesn't even have enough troops yet to get past 13 stars, something that only requires one pet at Level 20.

There are kingdoms out there right now where the lack of pets or the difficulty in getting them to high levels is a chokepoint towards more stars.  Urskaya isn't one of them.

• Like 1

Moved this game to my never to be  completed pile. Weighed up the amount of time wasted on this compared to my already massive backlog of shame and decided enough is enough. Have fun those still playing. Enjoyed most of the ride but time for me to get off.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...