Carbon_Lancer

New DLC

36 posts in this topic

I’ve put in 48 hours so far and now I see a new dlc to upgrade 100 troops to gold elite with medals.... think it’s going to take forever, but it is a very enjoyable game and for free has a ton of content not just trophy wise...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new trophy is a reference to Achievement Hunter's Geoff Ramsey as well, who had just got 100% for this game lol.

 

Edited by groomyboy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, groomyboy said:

The new trophy is a reference to Achievement Hunter's Geoff Ramsey as well, who had just got 100% for this game lol.

lol that’s funny as hell 

Edited by Carbon_Lancer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably the trophy that will turn a lot of people off of this game, longtime players at that.  I've sensed some of that in my guild's chat, and I've seen a lot of comments to that effect on the official forums.

 

That being said, it's still an easier achievement than the gold trophy for maximizing the renown in a single delve.  Because that one requires one of the following:

  • You can spend a massive number of gems during a Delve event to get enough sigils and enough stat boosts from a large number of Potions of Power to be able to handle the thing with an native delve team and to complete it with that same native delve team at Level 500.  Which requires you to accumulate a ton of gems to do so and to put in a spectacular amount of time in a short span to knock it out.  (I did it this way when the Wild Court dropped, as did a couple of members of my guild.)
  • You can hope to get blessed by RNGeezus in the Crypt Keeper delve, using Lady Morana to insta-kill troops.
  • You can spend an enormous amount of treasure troops (and gold) to buff a hoard to the point where you can compete.  Which requires you to farm the treasure troops (by farming Chaos Shards) and the gold to afford the upgrades.  And probably to farm Deeds to boost the related overworld kingdom to Power Level 14 for those extra bonuses as well.  (I'm trying this method now with a different kingdom just to see how well it works -- it'll give me something to focus my delve efforts on after I defeat the new delve at Level 500 when it debuts this weekend.)

It'll definitely be a grind, but so are so many other things.  Both in this game and in many others.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, groomyboy said:

The new trophy is a reference to Achievement Hunter's Geoff Ramsey as well, who had just got 100% for this game lol.

 

Never played this game, but the Full Metal Alchemist trophy is pretty humorous. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love nigh impossible long term achievements like this new DLC trophy, makes me want to get back into it, knowing that i can casually knock out just about every other trophy on the list while working towards this one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

I really love nigh impossible long term achievements like this new DLC trophy, makes me want to get back into it, knowing that i can casually knock out just about every other trophy on the list while working towards this one.

Is this...sarcasm? 

 

This trophy is another ridiculous task in a list full of them. I've only done one of the ridiculous tasks so far. 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like another trophy in this game I won't have to even bother with. I've only just got nearly enough to craft Xathenos, and I'm probably somewhere between 350-400hrs 🙄

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Looks like another trophy in this game I won't have to even bother with. I've only just got nearly enough to craft Xathenos, and I'm probably somewhere between 350-400hrs 1f644.png

You are doing better than me lol

 

I'm still harvesting souls for Xathenos, missing 1 part, and currently having around 60k Souls.. But I barely play nowadays, and my guild is almost a ghost town, only me, the leader and 1 or 2 others donated and/or play, and even us, don't do much either.. 

 

This is something that I still play because I enjoy the gameplay for a change of pace casual play, I gave up on the 100% long ago (and I'm the idiot that managed to be the first to 100% the base list.. Such a waste of time..). 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, breakXedge said:

So, how do you unlock this trophy? 

You need to farm explore (tier 9-12) mode a LOT. You need 600 medal from a same rarity. 1medal=3badge, 1badge=3token.

One explore (tier 9-12) run (minimum 6 battle) rewards you with 2-3 RANDOM tokens.

You can use higher rarity tokens to save time, but its luck based.

 

Tldr: too long and RNG based

 

EDIT: and dont forget, you need 6 million souls too

Edited by sXe_SiC_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 4.7 will introduce - between other things - Epic Guild Tasks that allows you to earn medals. That will speed up the grind a little. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NieSwiety said:

Update 4.7 will introduce - between other things - Epic Guild Tasks that allows you to earn medals. That will speed up the grind a little. 

13 tokens/week (5 gaard, 4 yasmine, 2 cedric, 2 aranaea)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

13 tokens/week (5 gaard, 4 yasmine, 2 cedric, 2 aranaea)

Better this than nothing. Also you can now farms trophies (exclusive for PvP before) farming medals. That helps a little since do don;t need spent time fighting loop teams in PVP for guild. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone write a brief trophy guide for the packs from 17 down please?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

You need to farm explore (tier 9-12) mode a LOT. You need 600 medal from a same rarity. 1medal=3badge, 1badge=3token.

One explore (tier 9-12) run (minimum 6 battle) rewards you with 2-3 RANDOM tokens.

You can use higher rarity tokens to save time, but its luck based.

 

Tldr: too long and RNG based

 

EDIT: and dont forget, you need 6 million souls too

Woah!! So it's 6 medals per troop? Wtf.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Woah!! So it's 6 medals per troop? Wtf.

Actually it is like this:

Level 10 (level 100 troops) with explore 20% bonus (look at main map and find the symbol on one of three kingdoms at a time) give ~55 average boss shards. You need 100 to do a big boss fight that gives you medals. Level 10 big boss fight gives 2-3 (2.5) tokens per fight. You can do level 11 or 12 for more shards but you don't get more tokens unless the odds of 3 is higher at higher level. I think level 12 gives ~75 shards to ~90 shards with 20% bonus for certain kingdoms. So if you go with level 10 (I do level 11 and 12 are too iffy for me at the moment) you need and average of just under 2 full runs (that's 8 total regular battles + 2 mini boss battles and 1 big boss battle) to get 2.5 on average tokens.

 

Like the previous poster says you need 3 tokens to make one badge and 3 badges to make one medal. One Medal can upgrade a troop once with 100% if you match the rarity of the medal with the troop's rarity. You need 3 medals to fully upgrade to gold. So you need 3 tokens X 3 badges X 3 upgrades = 27 tokens of the same type to fully upgrade one troop of the same rarity. 

 

So 27 tokens / 2.5 tokens average * 2 full runs = ~22 full runs to upgrade one troop

22 runs X 100 troops = 2200 full runs or 8800 regular fights + 2200 mini boss battles + 1100 big boss battles for a total of at least 12100 battles to complete this trophy without any outside sources besides Explore runs at level 10 explore. If you go to level 12 (mobs at level 150 so a lot tougher)  that cuts the number down by around 75%ish but still a long grind.

 

Even at 30 seconds per match your talking 6000 minutes->100 hours minimum for this trophy.

 

I will keep playing this game for a while doing a few runs a night, but seriously this one is a huge dick move in my opinion by the game manufacturers to target a specific population of the game players to keep them playing..

 

On a personal note I seriously just told my guild I was quiting because I got the last trophy for the game the night before this one dropped so I was like ugh lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so infuriating! 😡

So what you are saying is, the devs put out a stupid, extremely time-consuming trophy just to troll a single person without considering the rest of the player base? 

 

They are probably the MOST retarded devs ever! What a shit show...

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

This is so infuriating! 1f621.png

So what you are saying is, the devs put out a stupid, extremely time-consuming trophy just to troll a single person without considering the rest of the player base? 

 

They are probably the MOST retarded devs ever! What a shit show...

 

 I can imagine he's going to get a lot of hate mail now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

 I can imagine he's going to get a lot of hate mail now.

I love Geoff, so I hope all the hate mail goes to the devs instead...

 

 

So wait, do you actually have the troops to be mythic in order to give them medals? How am I supposed to get that many mythics? I only have two!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said this before but I need to quit this game now. Proud to be 100% club over the years but this trophy is  a grind too far. Actual explore grind is just about manageable with a decent team. Grinding souls is depressing.  Combine this with trying to fulfill guild requirements (If you want more stuff guilds are the way to go) and i've had enough. 

 

It's a brilliant gamen the devs know what they are doing they have hooked so many people who can commit the hours/buy stuff, etc .. If you have a job and family don't start this game !!! unless you don't care about completion stats.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

You are doing better than me lol

 

I'm still harvesting souls for Xathenos, missing 1 part, and currently having around 60k Souls.. But I barely play nowadays, and my guild is almost a ghost town, only me, the leader and 1 or 2 others donated and/or play, and even us, don't do much either.. 

 

This is something that I still play because I enjoy the gameplay for a change of pace casual play, I gave up on the 100% long ago (and I'm the idiot that managed to be the first to 100% the base list.. Such a waste of time..). 

 

Honestly though, the only reason I've managed to save up enough resources and souls has been by logging in every single day for the last couple of years and collecting all the daily/weekly/monthly bonuses, and anything my pretty inactive guild has done. To get the coloured gems and some of the diamonds I just did one or two of the dungeon battles (or whatever they are called) on the odd day when I felt like sparing the 10mins to play them. 

 

I also gave up on the 100% ages ago after initially completing each new DLC that came out. Congrats on being first to finish the base list though - that's still an accomplishment! But yeah, some of these trophies have really just gotten to be WAY to much of a time sink when we've probably all got massive backlogs to try and get through as well :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

 

Honestly though, the only reason I've managed to save up enough resources and souls has been by logging in every single day for the last couple of years and collecting all the daily/weekly/monthly bonuses, and anything my pretty inactive guild has done. To get the coloured gems and some of the diamonds I just did one or two of the dungeon battles (or whatever they are called) on the odd day when I felt like sparing the 10mins to play them. 

 

I also gave up on the 100% ages ago after initially completing each new DLC that came out. Congrats on being first to finish the base list though - that's still an accomplishment! But yeah, some of these trophies have really just gotten to be WAY to much of a time sink when we've probably all got massive backlogs to try and get through as well :(

Ok, ya, I can see that, I'm close to that trophy now, but I only play/login at Friday, Saturday and Sunday, because I'm not around my ps4 at the other days, on top of that, I spend gens on the 3 first tiers of things in the events, because it's cheap and usually means 2k or so extra Souls. 

 

Now and then, I may play a longer session, but it's a rare thing. 

 

Thanks. Ya, several of the trophies did got stupid requirements.. But for them to still add those, it's because they see the trophy hunters as some of their paying players, otherwise, we wouldn't continue to see more trophies added to the game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

I love Geoff, so I hope all the hate mail goes to the devs instead...

 

 

So wait, do you actually have the troops to be mythic in order to give them medals? How am I supposed to get that many mythics? I only have two!

You can auto level all possible copies of cards into their highest possible rarities. 

 

You have two base mythics I'm assuming but should have tons of common cards that be ascended to mythic quality. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

So wait, do you actually have the troops to be mythic in order to give them medals? How am I supposed to get that many mythics? I only have two!

 

You have to have ascended the troop to mythic, powered him up to level 20 with the appropriate number of souls, and unlocked all three of its traits.  The base rarity doesn't matter except for how that impacts the number of extra copies you'll have to sacrifice to ascend it and how easy/difficult it will be to find those copies.

 

11 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Woah!! So it's 6 medals per troop? Wtf.

 

Not necessarily.  If you use medals of a higher rarity than the troop's base rarity, you don't need as many medals for the second and third elite tier.

 

Alternately, you can use fewer medals on the second and third elite tier and hope that RNGeezus is with you.  More medals of the same rarity as the troop's base rarity leaves you a guarantee that the elite upgrade will go through, but you can take your chances if you'd like.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.