this game is a timesink

rockstarjazz

33 minutes ago, HusKy said:

You should use:

These 2 trinkets make It's Art trophy 10x easier.

but does getting those trinkets help find the animals any easier?

i spent half my waking day today searching for a chipmunk, ANY chipmunk, with no luck. it left me so angry i spent hours and accomplished nothing.

99.9% of the animals are easy to find. Just look up a video. There's a lot of misinformation about animal locations on the internet and at least with a video you have video proof that they spawn there.

I didn't have trouble with any animals except for the elusive Rio Grande Turkey. Seriously, if you're having trouble with chipmunks, I wouldn't even bother going after the Rio Grande Turkey.

• Like 1

i've watched multiple videos of various locations and still no luck. its as if this game wants to suck as much time out of you as possible. time consuming tasks are no fun.

the only thing worse than this that i can think of is when i need to study and skin all of them for those trophies...!

this game is such a chore. but i'm committed to getting the plat but hate having to waste so much time on this. havent even started online yet

Edited by rockstarjazz

2 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

spending countless hours searching and hunting for a perfect chipmunk carcuss is NOT fun, its a waste of fkn time.

whoever invented the 'art' trophy needs to be fkn shot.

Ya I planned on going for the plat so I did all the missables and stuff, but once I realized the platinum was so ridiculous I stopped myself, I absolutely loved this game but going for the plat would have made me hate it and I wasn't willing to ruin the experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockstarjazz said:

i've watched multiple videos of various locations and still no luck. its as if this game wants to suck as much time out of you as possible. time consuming tasks are no fun.

the only thing worse than this that i can think of is when i need to study and skin all of them for those trophies...!

this game is such a chore. but i'm committed to getting the plat but hate having to waste so much time on this. havent even started online yet

Go straight for the collector role. XP and money adds up very fast and you'll get to level 50 really fast. You'll still have to put some hours not gonna lie. But I went from 32 to 50 in like 2 or 3 days. Believe me, that is fast as hell, specially since higher levels require higher xp

13 hours ago, HusKy said:

You should use:

These 2 trinkets make It's Art trophy 10x easier.

looks like i already have this trinket. but its not making any difference :(

Edited by rockstarjazz

7 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

now i got to find the robin and oriolle theyre fucking impossible to get, theyre small and even when using deadeye i miss them.

i'm starting to really fkn hate this game, it doesnt deserve the hype it gets!

Robins can be found in Strawberry near the taxidermist house. Oriole can be found around the bank of the Dakota River just west of Flatneck Station.

The game's hype comes from the story & gameplay not the trophies so it's hype is deserved.

• Like 4

it definitely most certainly is overhyped. i am nearly done with the story and the missions are absolute tripe - they lack creativity and imagination. most are over in a few minutes.

and whoever invented this art trophy is fkn stupid.

edit: going to take a break from this piece of shit, its absolutely frustrating me to no end. i'll try again some other time.

Edited by rockstarjazz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so much time wasted on this damn game.

now trying to do the gold medals. some missions are just downright annoying, its as if rockstar wants to consume as much time as it can with you, with some stupid missions involving walking or riding endlessly to the important parts that make up the gold medal - any failing and you ave to redo, of which there isnt a restart mission option! and why cant we skip the pointless long travelling in replays?

i just got 5 golds left but it seems like forever, i wasted all my christmas holidays getting this stupid shit done.

how did this game ever get maximum ratings is beyond me.

• Like 1

I think they really put all their effort on the enviroment, and all these challenges are for you to really, and i mean, really explore it, feeling like a real hunter would in those times, getting the perfect kill, and be rewarded with more valuable quality pelts/skins, and more materials, feeling the thrill of encountering a new animal, or defeating those damn sneaky cougars/panthers. I think you are probably just wasting your precious gaming time doing this if you're not truly enjoying it all of it. I for instance, discovered a cave recently that i had no idea was there, and thus far has been empty, but there are places i cannot reach yet, and i feel like some speleologist. Really, if you're not having fun, then what's the point... just a trophy? the points to level up your account?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 3:44 PM, rockstarjazz said:

it definitely most certainly is overhyped. i am nearly done with the story and the missions are absolute tripe - they lack creativity and imagination. most are over in a few minutes.

and whoever invented this art trophy is fkn stupid.

edit: going to take a break from this piece of shit, its absolutely frustrating me to no end. i'll try again some other time.

Oh my god..

On 2019-12-28 at 9:57 AM, Feral said:

Maybe you should stick to TellTale games and other games with easy plats instead of ones that require effort.

Yeah because games are rated based on their trophies.

I have yet to platinum the game, but from the very very limited amount I've played, it doesn't seem like a difficult game. Just a massive game like GTA V that has a bunch of lame collectibles and stuff that takes ages to unlock. Nothing skilled about getting level 100. But yeah, don't see why this dude is playing the game if he's clearly not enjoying it.

• Like 2

Yeah the plat for that one took me roughly 300 hours including the online stuff. All the animal based trophies are easily the most time-consuming. Don't even bother looking for locations without a guide since some spawn at specifically times in the day/night plus other specifics. 

I'd stop playing the game in general if looking for one animal is getting you that riled up. Not sure why you were going for the plat in a game you don't like, plus knowing it's a massive game with tons of stuff to do for the trophies.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

I haven't touched the game since platinum... Plus becoming #13 world meant I was spending intensive hours with short breaks, including having a full-time job, doing all those boring chores and eventually hating the game afterwards #burntout. It was like a race with not a lot of confirmed information, no guides, super huge game, everybody doing everything just by experience or memories earned while playing the story etc... Just like other games but being 10000x bigger. You guys are blessed having this much information right now lol

But I have to admit, it's a pretty sick game

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1