Godfall officially announced for PS5 and PC game

r3viladdict

I think the first couple years of the PS5 are going to try and bank on what it's hardware can do with Resolution rather than graphical fidelity. They're trying to push the idea of how easy it'll be for them to do 4K/60FPS...and if that's actually true then THAT will be the big leap from PS4.Β 

Β 

Frankly we have no reason to believe that will be true. I'm expecting 1080p/60FPS and 4K/30FPS to be normal, I'm expecting almost every game to start having a Performance menu for the user to adjust what they think works best...and which will cause a lot of controversy at the same time.Β 

Β 

But if the PS5 could actually pull it off...that'll be something in it's own right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK, new details have emerged on Godfall. Here's a summary:

• - Godfall is a PS5 console exclusive, no PS4 or cross gen. Tailored to run on PS5
  • - PS5 allows Godfall to feel and play like no other game thanks to PS5 CPU and GPU
  • - Made by a team of 75 people
  • - Monster Hunter World in terms of gameplay, with elements of Dark Souls in combat.
  • - Some ex-Destiny 2 team members are involved
  • - The game rewards aggressive play. Skill based combat based on timing in order to hit max damage
  • - Visual style and world building influenced by The Stormlight Archive, The First Law and Foundation series
  • - Positives around animation
  • - High fantasy setting divided into Earth, Air, Fire and Spirit Elements
  • - You are one of the least remaining Knight's Order tasked with stopping an apocolyptic event
  • - Start of the game you set a classed based on type of armour = 3 sets to pick from. A lot of cutomizations to unlock as you progress
  • - Bosses designed to repel multiple people at once ie. in co-op, bosses can take both of you out
  • - Game based around drop in and drop out gameplay like Destiny and Monster Hunter World with heavy Dark Souls Influence

WccfTech

• 2 months later...

Β 

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

really makes me wish I had more info on what the game will actually be like!

Β 

If Dark Souls had a baby with Borderlands, then sent it to an orphanage where it was adopted by Anthem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Β 

If Dark Souls had a baby with Borderlands, then sent it to an orphanage where it was adopted by Anthem.

i love what ive seen of the combat and the atmosphere. I know the game is more like borderlands where its a single player experience with optional co-op (not always online like Destiny or Anthem), but I need more info on whatever the narrative is. There's a "mad god" somewhere at the top of Aperion, but beyond that I have no idea why I'm "collecting awesome armor" and "defeating worthy foes". Hopefully they roll out more info cause if not its definitely a wait and see.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Β 

- Standard ($60): Comes with the base game and preorder bonuses

- Deluxe edition ($80): Comes with base game, preorder bonuses, and the first expansion

- Ascended edition ($90): Comes with Deluxe edition content as well as a red Valorplate skin, Gold Weapon Pack, Gold Shield, Gold Royal Banner, and Zodiac Knight Lobby Title

Β 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/godfall-preorder-guide-price-bonuses-and-editions/1100-6482148/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Faaip de Oiad said:

This little detail is interesting:

Β 

ccj0mbpfjk58.jpg

Yeah they confirmed a little while ago that you’re always online when playing. You don’t need PS+ to play solo however. I see it in the same light as something like ME: Andromeda.