Shennanigans Trophy is Impossible!

WolfSiberia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally, it is over!!

Superb job dude! Really cool to see another person managing to do this. And you did it in such a short time and you also somehow managed to follow the AI route through that one part, which I never managed to do the AI way. 8 days in 319 and 4 in 320. Ratio sounds about right as 320 is definitely the easier of the two. But that's only because PS3 version of 319 is insane. Once more, congrats. Oh and for anyone wondering, there's one point where he gets hit by a fireball but doesn't die, that's just an ordinary replay glitch. There's nothing dodgy about this video.

Edited by Synophis

Actually at first I though 320 is harder but when I got the hang of D-pad crouch slide, 320 is really easier than 319.

And that cloud jump you mentioned is 3 times, not 4.

Side note. Cheap PC USB controller also works with this game. So you don't actually need 4 PS3 controller. But PS3 have only 2 USB port, though.

I was hoping there would be more 100%s after this came to PS+.  :D

Congrats to both of you! (I realised I wasn't forum member when Synophis beat it, I just told my friends that game was finally beaten back then - better congratulate late than never!)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is good to see that some skilled players managed to do this, they did a video too, congrats to both.

Now that I know that this is possible, I'll try to do this too, or I'll die by trying, even if luck chose to stay away from me a long time ago, in fact my pad got broken during the first levels of the game... :facepalm:

• 1 month later...

YES!! I did level 319! I spent over 1 week with 1 hour every day, only yesterday and today I spent 7 hours, I didn't use the senophis vid, I just memorized the AI way from the game, there were 2 jumps that I couldn't do with the AI way so I found my personal tactic.

The AI musn't be mimed perfectly, I did several mistakes but I still managed to do the level by decreasing or increasing my speed at some points or by changing the height of the jumps or theyr number, of course there are several parts where you must be perfect.

I haven't a vid to show that I did it for real :blink: , so only who has the game can see me in leaderboards in 5th position with level 319 done.

Now I need only level 320, funny that I've never used the crouch before this level, so it'll take some days (I think over 1 week) to understand how that thing works, the Ai at last jumps is so hilarious :lol: .

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Now I see why this is so rare, :jaymon: after watching the vids

holy dodge lazers while all of the eye blast hopping thing a ma jigs be everywhere.

skills to the peeps who can follow this madness :blink:

Actually after that I did it I noticed a lot of people completing level 320 (probably they realised that if a noob like me can, then they can do too :) ), in the leaderboards we were just 5, now if I'm not wrong we are 12 (or 14, 1 person did level 319 & is working on the last one) :D , so this trophy is going to reach a rarity of about 0.11% <_<

Edited by VirtualNight

Actually after that I did it I noticed a lot of people completing level 320 (probably they realised that if a noob like me can, then they can do too :) ), in the leaderboards we were just 5, now if I'm not wrong we are 12 (or 14, 1 person did level 319 & is working on the last one) :D , so this trophy is going to reach a rarity of about 0.11% <_<

16,607 owners with only 10 people able to 100% is pretty intense, and it's only one trophy one trophy.

a lot of people is 10

Edited by Titanic Balls
  • Like 1

16,607 owners with only 10 people able to 100% is pretty intense, and it's only one trophy one trophy.

a lot of people is 10

Doesn't matter, probably people are scared about this rarity so they give up immediately (like in Razing Storm and Chariot where very easy trophies are ultra rare), or maybe there are several people that don't collect trophies that did this game so that the rarity decreased; this is not an ultra hard trophy, I could make one much harder, the rarity is increasing & is correct, 0.05% was seriously too low, correct one should be around 0.50% but I estimate it at 0.11%, still a 10/10 for a medium player but for platform fans it is around 9/10.

Edited by VirtualNight

• 3 months later...

Doesn't matter, probably people are scared about this rarity so they give up immediately (like in Razing Storm and Chariot where very easy trophies are ultra rare), or maybe there are several people that don't collect trophies that did this game so that the rarity decreased; this is not an ultra hard trophy, I could make one much harder, the rarity is increasing & is correct, 0.05% was seriously too low, correct one should be around 0.50% but I estimate it at 0.11%, still a 10/10 for a medium player but for platform fans it is around 9/10.

On the note of easy trophies being of oddly low completion percentage, take a look at "Tower of Babble" from Black Ops II. It's one of the easiest easter eggs ever, even more so if using permajug, yet on 4.48% of the 762,888 players who own the game, have this trophy. Even though the plat for the game is impossible, I've always found it odd that Buried has higher completion than TranZit. 

• Like 1

On the note of easy trophies being of oddly low completion percentage, take a look at "Tower of Babble" from Black Ops II. It's one of the easiest easter eggs ever, even more so if using permajug, yet on 4.48% of the 762,888 players who own the game, have this trophy. Even though the plat for the game is impossible, I've always found it odd that Buried has higher completion than TranZit. 

In fact I don't extimate a difficulty from the rarity, actually I don't consider it neither.

CoD is a famous game so there are alot of people & the majority of those don't do the trophies, that's why the rarity can be very low, everything depends almost always from the prestige of the game (for AAA title), a great example is GTA4... is not an hard plat but it requires a work that usually is for the trophy hunters; the site registered over 800,000 people, but how much of them are trophy hunters & how much are players that don't care anything about trophies?

May be that after every 10,000 normal players then a single trophy hunter appears.

• 7 months later...
On 20/3/2017 at 2:57 PM, grbolivar said:

Nothing is impossible if you are willing to put 100h on a single level...

Exactly; each goal in terms of trophies is reachable regardless of your skills (you just need to put in some dedication), I'm the proof of it ^^

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2016 at 4:32 PM, VirtualNight said:

With a little practice you can get half of the trophies in Super Meat Boy without too much trouble.

I think the percentage numbers don't reflect the actual difficulty of the game. After getting the trophy for unlocking Commander Video the numbers take a sharp nosedive. The next most common trophy after discovering a warpzone and Commander Video is beating five warp zones. The first five you come across are not difficult. I would argue the reaching 'The End' in the Light World isn't all that difficult either.

Unlocking The Kid is probably the first true 'difficult' trophy. As bad as that is for most people, that is nothing compared to beating Hell Dark, Dark Rapture and Cotton Alley without dying. Those are challenging, but they can be overcome.

I haven't played a platform properly in many years. Granted I grew up in an era when both the NES and SNES library were filled to the brim with platformers. Even the PC back in the 90s had a lot of platform games. I had a good bit of experience coming into Super Meat Boy but I'm fairly surprised the trophies are as low as they are. You can get a quarter to a third of them without much effort.

Granted Super Meat Boy was offered on Playstation Plus, and every time a game gets thrown on there the trophy percentages are going to decline. It's even more unsettling that the PSN numbers show most of the trophies for this game are at a very low 0.3 - 0.1 percent. A third or a tenth of one percent.

So basically most people never got past unlocking the first warp zone and getting Commander Video. Super Meat Boy is pretty well known among indie gamers and trophy hunters. It's been out for a good long while now on Steam and Xbox 360. Barely anybody has done the no death runs.

I hear many people say Cloudberry Kingdom is more difficult than Super Meat Boy based off of that one trophy. Regardless, if you earned that trophy you deserve a pat on the back.

The real problem is people don't try. They give up too easily, much like we see in our everyday lives in the real world. People don't want to put the effort in to achieve something, it's pretty sad how lazy we have gotten to be as a society.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

I start the game im just level 120 actually is very easy, so i suppose the difficult com directly After easy level and i scared for that, i play SMB before yes the kid level is insane but not really same plateforme type, SMB is vert nervous, CK not, so now i play both is think is true CK for me has some hard but i need to play more for have Real opinion, both are very fun game and hard so is good, i Hope im firt french complet this game, i see the french guide Say 7/10 difficult ahah think he never play more 150 level, so wait and see now i prepare m'y brain for one of my most hard challenge on PS3 ( second is persona 4 Arena ) grongratz for all have complet the game !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blazhead said:

I start the game im just level 120 actually is very easy, so i suppose the difficult com directly After easy level and i scared for that, i play SMB before yes the kid level is insane but not really same plateforme type, SMB is vert nervous, CK not, so now i play both is think is true CK for me has some hard but i need to play more for have Real opinion, both are very fun game and hard so is good, i Hope im firt french complet this game, i see the french guide Say 7/10 difficult ahah think he never play more 150 level, so wait and see now i prepare m'y brain for one of my most hard challenge on PS3 ( second is persona 4 Arena ) grongratz for all have complet the game !

Only bad forums could give such a rate. A difficulty must be estimated taking in consideration a medium player, so a 7/10 is only for who is a master in the considered game.

If you enjoy the game you will definitely do it ?. Lv319/320 are not comparable to the previous levels, but in the end all becomes muscle memory, so continous practice will allow you to pass both.

[OT: P4A is too overrated, hard yes but some consider it as a game for Gods of gaming only. I did it, but if i fight a master in fighting games, i will be destroyed in 2 secs ?. Since you did SSF4 you can do P4A too. There is still nothing truly hard in terms of trophies in general, since anything that could be really tough have generous exploits/glitches from developers. At least for ps3.]

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

A difficulty must be estimated taking in consideration a medium player

Nitpicking here, but this is the problem with difficulty ratings. There is no consensus on how difficulty ratings should be contrived and there's no scientific way to make them consistent. If people really wanted to be consistent with them, they'd have to be based on someone with zero playing experience since even "medium" is subjective.

That said, once I get some time, I'm diving into this game. The difficulty ratings don't scare me, I just want to get through a bunch more games first.

• Like 2