Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

Mini Fulgur Anjanath is a nightmare for me.

I've measured 70 of them, killed 13 that seems the same or even smaller than Abyss video, and nothing. 

Theses crown quests are just bullshit...

1 hour ago, dRk_ said:

Mini Fulgur Anjanath is a nightmare for me.

I've measured 70 of them, killed 13 that seems the same or even smaller than Abyss video, and nothing. 

Theses crown quests are just bullshit...

Yeah even with the crown events. While crowns are a lot higher, when it gets to 1 or 2 monster left, it can be a chore.

I think theres still some RNG even though your monster is the smallest or largest and you've measured it. it can still not be the one. To be honest, i've always gotten crowns when i least expected it especially the Mini ones.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:42 AM, abhinandhan22 said:

Anyone know a sure fire way of getting the lunastra crowns because I can't get investigations for lunastra at all. I only have one tempered lunastra investigation that has a time requirement of 20mins and I keep failing it when I sos online. 

I got both of my Lunastra crowns from the Guiding Lands with Wildspire Waste at lvl 7.  Guiding Lands tempered monsters seem to have an increased crown chance compared to investigations or normal quests/expeditions from what I have experienced.  You also have no time limit and can get carted as often as you want if you're not good at fighting her.  Otherwise you can do it in high rank like lightning_kf mentioned.

Edited by Elegy

14 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

85 Shrieking Legiana.  No large gold crown.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

looks like i am the next on the 'bad luck list'... i just need lunastra and the large shrieking legiana... messured over 100 and killed 57... i guess i will catch up very soon -.-

1 hour ago, Elegy said:

I got both of my Lunastra crowns from the Guiding Lands with Wildspire Waste at lvl 7.  Guiding Lands tempered monsters seem to have an increased crown chance compared to investigations or normal quests/expeditions from what I have experienced.  You also have no time limit and can get carted as often as you want if you're not good at fighting her.

Please tell me that works on the Shrieking Legiana.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/fhecx6/datamined_hoarfrost_crown_event_quest_also_full/

Take this with a grain of salt, but according to this reddit user a datamine of the PC version shows two things:

- "Alt Rock Recess" will be Banbaro, Uragaan, Brachydios, Azure Rathalos, and Seething Bazelgeuse

- There will be a Hoarfrost Reach event: "Ballad of the Hoarfrost" will start on March 26/27 (depending on your time zone) and feature Beotodus, Viper Tobi-Kadachi, Barioth, Shrieking Legiana, and Stygian Zinogre

Obviously not confirmed yet, but if true then it will be later this evening when Alt Rock Recess becomes available and the event quest calendar rolls over

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/fhecx6/datamined_hoarfrost_crown_event_quest_also_full/

Take this with a grain of salt, but according to this reddit user a datamine of the PC version shows two things:

- "Alt Rock Recess" will be Banbaro, Uragaan, Brachydios, Azure Rathalos, and Seething Bazelgeuse

- There will be a Hoarfrost Reach event: "Ballad of the Hoarfrost" will start on March 26/27 (depending on your time zone) and feature Beotodus, Viper Tobi-Kadachi, Barioth, Shrieking Legiana, and Stygian Zinogre

Obviously not confirmed yet, but if true then it will be later this evening when Alt Rock Recess becomes available and the event quest calendar rolls over

That's great! I'm still holding out hope. 

I wonder if we'll get one for the Guiding lands monsters though... 

On 11/03/2020 at 5:50 AM, lightning_kf said:

High ranked Lunastra.

Seriously.  You'll save yourself a whole lot of trouble.

Go on a killing spree/gathering tracks in the Wildspire Waste.

That's where I got her crowns.

Yeah i think i might just have to do this. So just go on a expedition and pick up tracks/kill monsters basically. I got so tired of playing the game due to struggling with lunastra

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Yeah i think i might just have to do this. So just go on a expedition and pick up tracks/kill monsters basically. I got so tired of playing the game due to struggling with lunastra

I joined master rank Lunastra investigations solely to create a master rank version of my high rank Lunastra armor.  Just like I did with the Teostra armor.  Suffice to say that armor set has saved me and several teams during my Iceborne run.  Gold Rathian runs, Silver Rathalos runs, hell the Savage Deviljho mini crown that I needed would've been lost if I hadn't chose my Lunastra armor.  Max wide range and earplugs for the win.

She also appears in the Elder's Recess but I had no luck with crowns there.  All 2 came in the Wildspire Waste.

4 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I've literally hunted 95 of these stinking Shrieking Legiana to no avail with the large gold crown.

It took me 15 hunts to get the Seething Bazelguese crowns and over 50 for the Tigrex, Viper Tobi-Kadachi, Nightshade Paolumu and Glavenus.  But the last 2 were fun fights.

I hate this Shrieking Legiana.

At this point I'm desperate to take anything.

I guarantee I'm gonna get the large gold crown for Brachydios on my first 3 attempts, probably my very first, and there's no way the mini gold crown for the Blackveil Vaal Hazak can be that tedious.  The Shrieking Legiana, man.  Can't stand it now.

Edited by lightning_kf

9 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Alt Rock Recess is now live and the event calendar has been updated, looks like this information is correct.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 0:44 PM, lightning_kf said:

Please tell me that works on the Shrieking Legiana.

I got my large gold Shrieking Legiana crown from guiding lands as well, in fact.  I have my Tundra region at lvl 7 and got it from a tempered variant.

Has anyone got the mini Banbaro or something from the Bazelgeuse? In these five hours I only got two Brachydios minis (yea, a small one and then another even more), and the big Banbaro. Oh, and after hunting 80+ Brute Tigrex I got the mini, I can finally live in peace.

4 hours ago, Allonnos said:

Has anyone got the mini Banbaro or something from the Bazelgeuse? In these five hours I only got two Brachydios minis (yea, a small one and then another even more), and the big Banbaro. Oh, and after hunting 80+ Brute Tigrex I got the mini, I can finally live in peace.

I got the mini Banbaro on my second try from the event.