Which OS do you use?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

Which operating system do you have installed in your computer? Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD, other?

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. No, I don't upgrade to a new version of Ubuntu Linux every half-year. I just stick to the latest LTS version.

When I got my laptop, it had Windows Vista installed. It's not a gaming laptop. I used it for years with Vista until the point where I got sick and tired of it because it ran too slowly. At one point, I installed more RAM into the machine and it ran faster. But later, the OS and most of the programs that I use demanded more resources at their latest versions.  :angry:

I had Ubuntu Linux in my laptop for over a year now. It hasn't let me down. :)

I am no coder or computer wizard; I just know how to install an operating system into a computer. I'm an average PC user. If you ask me, Linux is sure different from Windows or Mac OS X. I can understand why you wouldn't want to switch to Linux...

Why don't companies support Linux as much as they support Windows and Android?  :huh: I mean, Ubuntu got Steam just recently, and an app store similar to the Google Play store and the Apple app store. Also, Android is based on Linux...

Edited by ROBOCRIPPLE_
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...