Warzone (MW Battle Royal) Trophy Expectations

Why even bother with a battle royale at this point

i salute treyarch and blackout though..

those boys had to scrap their campaign and come up with a battle royale mode on a whim because activision saw fortnite’s success with it and they got it done and released it at launch

modern warfare is already 4 months into its 1 year life cycle, they should of had something long in the works

like do these companies and corporations not have board meetings, like ok guys, from this day on, were going to have a battle royale mode...but then again we live in the day of dlc where everything is a fucking after thought and added long after and usually for extra added costs

Advanced issues found

✌
14 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Why even bother with a battle royale at this point

i salute treyarch and blackout though..

those boys had to scrap their campaign and come up with a battle royale mode on a whim because activision saw fortnite’s success with it and they got it done and released it at launch

modern warfare is already 4 months into its 1 year life cycle, they should of had something long in the works

like do these companies and corporations not have board meetings, like ok guys, from this day on, were going to have a battle royale mode...but then again we live in the day of dlc where everything is a fucking after thought and added long after and usually for extra added costs

I think COD developers are just too split up tbh. They are large teams for sure, but not nearly big enough to develop a campaign, co-op experience, multiplayer, and now a BR.

I really think cod should separate the BR into its development team. The idea that a BR will only last a few months at most is a huge waste. Like Blackout should have been the improved upon instead of IW making their own.

15 hours ago, zGaete- said:

Well, I just hope it doesn´t come up with trophies, if so, I realy hope for easy ones like playing 10 matches or cumulative kills. Black ops 4 blackout trophies were a pain, that's enough for me lol 
Despite that, I'm anxious to play it.

I’ll be honest, I afk’d for those 10 blackout wins in that pandemic mode. Ended up winning over 20 matches as I was crate grinding. Never even played blackout at all lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the trophy list does not cater to the noobs but I have no doubt it will.

Some trophies I would like to see that take time and skill to achieve:

Winning 100 Games

Winning a game with 15+ kills

Win a Trio match without teammates

Win back to back games

Edited by cuckie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BlackoutGenie said:

Why should a bot who can't hold a controller properly be able to 100% a competitive BR because he "Played 10 Games" lmfao...

95% of people on this website are TRASH at online gaming and expect easy multplayer trophies because of it...

Hate kids like you

You don't talk to me, because I am a professional Multiplayer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hore said:

those slimy fuckers better not have pulled a fast one and found a way to release an independent f2p game w/o trophies under the guise of being a beta or something...

My Feelings say, there will be no Trophies.

12 minutes ago, HusKy said:

No new achievements on XBOX either. This is definitely weird.

When you Play Warzone you can see a big fat BETA in the Loading Screen, and a Beta never has Trophies. I think this will be a Beta forever, like Fortnite. I tried one Match but without Trophies it makes no fun.

I just started the download and it looks like it's actually downloading CoD:MW with some special license (name of the game is simply "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" and it has identical XMB icon like CoD:MW)

If I had to guess, this will appear in "Trophies" list as CoD:MW but the trophies won't be attainable since they are all single player related.

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

When you Play Warzone you can see a big fat BETA in the Loading Screen, and a Beta never has Trophies. I think this will be a Beta forever, like Fortnite. I tried one Match but without Trophies it makes no fun.

fortnite does have trophies, despite still technically being in paid early access. their BR mode was added later, but attached to the main game, thus playing the BR activates the trophy list

Warzone is supposedly entirely separate, which should mean it does get trophies when the beta ends. But considering the f2p standalone supposedly released 20m ago, it remains to be seen whether it'll come attached to MW and give players the 0% trophy list

edit: nvm lol guess Husky kinda confirmed my fears that it is a Fortnite situation... was hoping to play it, but oh well ?

Edited by hore

On 3/11/2020 at 9:27 AM, HusKy said:

I can confirm the F2P version adds main game trophy list to your profile.

So this wouldn't affect those who have already got 100% on the game, right? Just wanna be on the safe side if I ever boot up Warzone ?
Also, thank you for testing it for those doing F2P! I myself already played MW prior but this'll definitely be helpful for those new to the 2019 MW. 
Edit: Considering the next CoD is coming out very soon, it seems that no trophies were added to Warzone after all. 

Edited by ShrubbaTub
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mickeycdesign said:

Well thanks for letting me know never to boot the standalone version up. I don't want a 0% on my profile. 

There's a setting to auto-hide games with 0% here on PSNP as well. Don't think a game affects your percentage on the site anyway until you earn at least one trophy.