Rumor: Konami is set to revive Metal Gear, Castlevania & Silent Hill

ziggypossum

Well some of that adds up nicely 

The date of the companies don't. 

There's contracts and promises, Kojima was working for Konami during the time some of the companies were formed

That's what doesn't add up at all

Not if looked at in a legal point of view.

Same with announcements, and the fact they say they have it developed. Kojima just finished Death Stranding. That's not much time between for negotiations and planning, let alone development. 

Could this be a Kojima longggg well prepared tease in case he got to work with Silent Hill again, or something that's similar? 

I wouldn't put it past him. 

But it's too strange with the dates

I think this is insane and if is not the Kojima game, then everyone is being unfair with a small studio trying their best (I hope). Doing this hype thing is bad. The result that only matters is that this game is good, regardless if is Kojima made or not.

As of MGS remake, would REALLY love this to be true.

bmg_ps.png

Konami Announces Partnership With Bloober Team Amid Silent Hill Rumours

The partnership will involve "jointly developing selected contents and exchanging know-how."

Konami and Bloober Team (The Medium, Blair Witch, Observer) have announced a "strategic cooperation agreement" that will see the two companies developing games together – adding weight to rumours that the Polish studio is working on a new Silent Hill game.

As detailed on Bloober's investor relations website, the partnership will "include jointly developing selected contents and exchanging know-how." Konami's Hideki Hayakawa said that the betnership would combine "Bloober Team’s and our respective characteristics and strengths to create high-quality contents." No specific projects have been detailed, but speculation and rumour have pointed to a new Silent Hill game for some time.

Previously, reports had stated that Konami has begun outsourcing Silent Hill development to third-party developers, with one game rumoured to be in the works at a Japanese developer. However, Bloober has previously said that it's working on a horror IP with a "very famous publisher", sparking rumours of a new Silent Hill project. Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka has separately teased that his latest project will be announced this summer, calling it "the one you’re kinda hoping to hear about.” Yamaoka previously worked with Bloober, although it's not clear if that relationship is ongoing.

In a statement provided to IGN, Konami wouldn't speak to exactly what Bloober was working on, simply saying, "We are excited to work with Bloober Team and other highly regarded development partners to produce games from existing and new IPs."

Konami also made clear that it will be developing games both with outside developers, while continuing internal development: "Our alliance with Bloober Team is one area where we are continuing to evolve our approach to game development. We will continue to explore partnerships with a variety of development companies as well as continue in-house development of key projects among our own teams, as we have done for many years."

President of Bloober Team, Piotr Babieno wrote of the partnership: "It is a historic day for me and the culmination of several years of our work. The fact that such a renowned company as Konami has decided to strategically cooperate with the Bloober Team means that we also joined the world leaders in gaming and became an equal partner for the leading players in this market."

https://www.ign.com/articles/konami-bloober-team-silent-hill-rumour

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hm, there’s certainly been a bevy of rumors over the years. My instinct says there’s probably something in the offing, whether it’s reboots, remakes, remasters or MXT filled spinoffs we’ll just have to wait and see.

Edited by bikeman223

6 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Hm, there’s certainly been a bevy of rumors over the years. My instinct says there’s probably something in the offing, whether it’s reboots, remakes, remasters or MXT filled spinoffs we’ll just have to wait and see.

After all these recent collections and that dumpster fire Contra  Rogue Corps, you'd think they would want to put out at least one game of substance.

23 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

After all these recent collections and that dumpster fire Contra  Rogue Corps, you'd think they would want to put out at least one game of substance.

Konami is more or less out of the gaming business so it's cheaper to make a small game or a compilation than an ambitious project.

1 hour ago, majob said:

Konami is more or less out of the gaming business so it's cheaper to make a small game or a compilation than an ambitious project.

Maybe they had a change of heart, who knows. I imagine pachinko isn't the most profitable business to be in right now and they figured since covid won't go away any time soon they might just as well develop games again. 

Gematsu has also heard that a new Silent Hill is in development at a prominent Japanese developer.

That studio is Kojima Productions, according to a publishing source that wishes to remain anonymous,

who also said that the game is funded by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/rumor-konami-developing-castlevania-metal-gear-solid-and-silent-hill-revivals

14 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Gematsu has also heard that a new Silent Hill is in development at a prominent Japanese developer.

That studio is Kojima Productions, according to a publishing source that wishes to remain anonymous,

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/rumor-konami-developing-castlevania-metal-gear-solid-and-silent-hill-revivals

I don’t know about that one. There was a lot of bad blood between Kojima and Konami after MGSV and Silent Hills. I’d of thought Kojima would be more interested in working on original stuff at this point. Also wouldn’t you approach Kojima Productions to work on Metal Gear instead?

Edited by bikeman223

27 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I don’t know about that one. There was a lot of bad blood between Kojima and Konami after MGSV and Silent Hills. I’d of thought Kojima would be more interested in working on original stuff at this point. Also wouldn’t you approach Kojima Productions to work on Metal Gear instead?

you're right. the veteran japanese developer currently working on silent hill , I believe is Team Bokeh.

40 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

It's not Kojima productions, Kojima is working on 2 titles neither of which is silent hill. Konami doesn't want him anywhere near it. Konami mentioned a veteran japanese developer, just after japan studio disbanded. and Keiichiro Toyama, the original director/creator of silent hill 1 left japan studio, and made a new studio called Team Bokeh, right now they have a youtube channel, have said they're working on a horror game. have put out some concept art and are talking about, their inspirations etc.

they have said their new game isn't going to be insanely difficult like toyama's previous horror games, but more of an exhilirating narrative driven experience, so his typical striking imagery, quality characters, only this time a stronger story driven game like Tlou.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84