Final Fantasy VII Remake being shipped 'far earlier than usual' on European countries as well as Australia

i waited too long to pre order the hard copy, so ill be waiting longer because i cant pre order it now no one is open or taking online orders. so yeah even if it gets into stock earlier theres no way i can get my hands on it for abit

EBgames here in Australia Allowed me to pick up a copy earlier today which is pretty awesome. Feels cool being able to play before it officially releases but i do feel bad for the people who have their's pushed back or have to wait until next week. 

People are already streaming it on Twitch. So much for not spoiling the game for others. ?

This is definitely the messiest release I've ever seen, which is hardly surprising with the current state of the world. They should just release the game worldwide at this point, physically and digitally.

I got my copy today. What's particularly weird to me is that I ordered directly from the Square Enix Europe store, the collector's edition, so they're breaking their own street date, it's not like it's a third party company doing it.

Game's pretty fun so far, though some of the textures and cinematography are laugh-out-loud bad. Flawed but enjoyable.

The trophies aren't syncing yet, I guess the list hasn't been uploaded to the Sony servers yet. I've seen this happen with Cosmic Star Heroine on the Vita before I think, but never on PS4. The trophy list isn't showing up in the normal place on the PS4 UI, but I can see them from the in-game menu. I sure hope this Just Works and the trophies appear with the right timestamps once the game goes live on the server.

Edited by Shmenon-Pie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shmenon-Pie said:

Game's pretty fun so far, though some of the textures and cinematography are laugh-out-loud bad.

So this is real? I've heard another player complaining about the same thing. He said that it's noticeable in the Slums areas.

2 hours ago, Shmenon-Pie said:

I got my copy today. What's particularly weird to me is that I ordered directly from the Square Enix Europe store, the collector's edition, so they're breaking their own street date, it's not like it's a third party company doing it.

Did they give you a tracking number? I got a shipping notification from them last Friday but there's no tracking and it still says "In preparation" in the store...

29 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Did they give you a tracking number? I got a shipping notification from them last Friday but there's no tracking and it still says "In preparation" in the store...

Odd, mine was only shipped today (I got the email about 5 hours ago, and at the time on the store site it also was saying that was shipped). In my case is the deluxe edition. No tracking number in my email. 

If you already received the shipping email, and it still says "In Preparation" since Friday, maybe you should contact them, since it may have been an issue and someone actually forgot to sent it.. 

13 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

When can we preload this bad boy? its 100 gig download?

Not exactly sure when. I read people saying that it would be available to preload on the 2nd or 3rd, but yesterday it was still saying the 8th to me (today it changed, saying that now I can preload on the 6th).

Maybe the preload window isn't the same for everyone? 

I have pre-order the Digital Deluxe edition... 

Note: To avoid confusion, yes, I have pre-ordered both retail Deluxe Edition AND digital Deluxe Edition of the game... 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

If you already received the shipping email, and it still says "In Preparation" since Friday, maybe you should contact them, since it may have been an issue and someone actually forgot to sent it.. 

I did contact them yesterday but haven't heard back from them. The reason I'm asking is that apparently there are people out there who were in the same boat as me (no tracking number, order is still "In preparation") and got their 1st Class Edition today. I'm just wondering if it might suddenly show up at my door. :)

My SOLDIEr 1st Class Edition shipped the very day I was going to change my shipping address because I had to relocate due to this virus... my country will be on lockdown for another week so hopefully it will lift before April 10th and I can go retrieve it but damn I could have been playing this game way sooner

8 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I did contact them yesterday but haven't heard back from them. The reason I'm asking is that apparently there are people out there who were in the same boat as me (no tracking number, order is still "In preparation") and got their 1st Class Edition today. I'm just wondering if it might suddenly show up at my door. :)

Ok, I see. I just said that because it looks like they are shipping games for days, so, a mistake could happen. 

Still odd that they didn't replied to you yet (this is the first time that I ordered from the official store, so I don't know how good their service is) 

Yeah some of the textures don't look right at all, particularly the doors in the slum areas among others. There's also a floppy neck bug that causes the necks of some characters like Biggs to wander around like a snake lmao. These are most likely gonna get patched on the official release day. Currently at chapter 13 out of 18 and the problem at least seems to be only present at the slums.

I just got my deluxe edition delivered today, I am in the UK and pre ordered it at the game website. I had quite the shock and confusion that I got it a week early, so thought I check the forum. Now this will sound ungrateful, but a bit disappointed they sent it early, as I haven't finish one piece pirate warriors 3 and was going to play one punch next and make this my 30th, never played the original, so I'm really looking forward to this game. Don't want to play it early just in case the trophy's isn't uploaded yet and their could be bug's, that will mess up the gameplay.

Here's a challenge for people, do not play the game until next week, no one platinum the game, to not spoil it for others, unless your doing a guide, then play it. I know the response straight away 'nope we are playing it now, screw the spoilers'. still in shock I got it early, but so happy I pre ordered this game, I'm glad I got into the Final fantasy series after 20+ years, by playing FFX and I can now enjoy this masterpiece of a game, I heard so much about. lol.

1 hour ago, ninjagirl657 said:

I just got my deluxe edition delivered today, I am in the UK and pre ordered it at the game website. I had quite the shock and confusion that I got it a week early, so thought I check the forum. Now this will sound ungrateful, but a bit disappointed they sent it early, as I haven't finish one piece pirate warriors 3 and was going to play one punch next and make this my 30th, never played the original, so I'm really looking forward to this game. Don't want to play it early just in case the trophy's isn't uploaded yet and their could be bug's, that will mess up the gameplay.

Here's a challenge for people, do not play the game until next week, no one platinum the game, to not spoil it for others, unless your doing a guide, then play it. I know the response straight away 'nope we are playing it now, screw the spoilers'. still in shock I got it early, but so happy I pre ordered this game, I'm glad I got into the Final fantasy series after 20+ years, by playing FFX and I can now enjoy this masterpiece of a game, I heard so much about. lol.

Did yours come by regular mail or via a van? It's meant to be tracked 24 and I haven't had a tracking number (unlike with the P5R CE which I got the same day) and hope it was well packaged because I am kinda getting fed up of getting it in those sealable bubble mailer like things as they usually make the boxes get damaged.

Edit: Never mind the query it just arrived, surprised the cactuar dlc code works already, now to await the email with the choco chick code.

Edited by FrozenLionheart
update