Final Fantasy VII Remake being shipped 'far earlier than usual' on European countries as well as Australia

91741386_3678674495500616_2577493501637820416_o.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=bywMSdwWc7QAX_0XcHI&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel3-1.fna&oh=f77d7bac19a4f5388f8c4c0c5c64137b&oe=5EA5E227

91821054_3678674478833951_8074255877567152128_o.png?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=J5UNFZzHL1EAX8UNWrC&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel3-1.fna&oh=5d93868a99565f74b409e7efe9252afd&oe=5EA63C72

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Especially my fellow Australians and European folks?

Not quite sure if I wanna cancel my digital pre order now if there's a good chance I'll receive the game before launch date. It's happened already with Persona 5 Royal here in Australia and some European countries where the game's been released almost a week before its launch date. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Well considering my backer backed version of Shenmue III got delivered to my door almost 2 weeks after release date, I'd rather not gamble on if I get to play the game earlier or later, so this time I am glad I chose digital download.

Respect to them for putting out this message. I can't really fault them here, we're in a unique situation and i think they did the right thing by being upfront and transparent about it. 

I have less than zero faith in the general public whatsoever when it comes to them keeping it in their pants where this is concerned, so i'll be avoiding YouTube etc until the actual release date, because it's undoubtedly gonna be scattered with chodes posting vids and recaps of spoilerific content to capitalize on early access.

I have been able to avoid spoilers for a lot of games (hell, I'm still in the dark about Dragon Quest XI and KH3...), and even I start to get worried about spoilers finding their way to me... 

I just checked, and my copy haven't been sent yet (SE Europe official store), either way I will probably not be at the house where my copy will be delivered for a while (I'm still doing my trip when needed, as long aa as I'm allowed). 

Still, that's part of the reason why I also bought FF7R digitally, and why I will drop P5R when FF7R is released. And now I have my ps4 with me, so, if I end stuck here, I will be able to play it on my free time. 

I don't have anything against games being shipped and delivered to shops earlier, but what bothers me is that players getting games days or even weeks earlier is becoming more of a common thing. The same thing happened to RE3R, when a shop dropped a big deuce on the embargo and just released the game to the customers earlier. 

The only good thing that can come out of this, is that someone can actually tell us how long the game is going to be. Oh, and we will most likely get a leaked trophy list for sure.

17 minutes ago, Iksde said:

I don't have anything against games being shipped and delivered to shops earlier, but what bothers me is that players getting games days or even weeks earlier is becoming more of a common thing. The same thing happened to RE3R, when a shop dropped a big deuce on the embargo and just released the game to the customers earlier. 

The only good thing that can come out of this, is that someone can actually tell us how long the game is going to be. Oh, and we will most likely get a leaked trophy list for sure.

You know that early release is a thing since forever, right?

4 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Amazon lmao, all other italian sellers will probably get it in time, or maybe 2-3 days later, nothing to die for. The Amazon date keeps changing from time to time.

I'm glad about this news anyway, i preordered a physical copy around half February.

5 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

You know that early release is a thing since forever, right?

No, I actually don't and if it's a thing, then why I never got my game earlier? I feel excluded now.

16 hours ago, Iksde said:

No, I actually don't and if it's a thing, then why I never got my game earlier? I feel excluded now.

Because most companies give the resellers strong advice against early release. For example, if you are being caught selling a game earlier, square enix could decide not to sell their game to that store anymore. So most "big" stores will not always sell the game earlier, because not having "all the popular games" would be a disaster for them.

Smaller stores will sometimes sell them as soon as possible (and generally at a higher price). They just don't give you an invoice or anything, to avoid "being caught". A local store of mine is well known to do that, and if i really want a game, i know that most of the time, i'll be able to buy the game early (for example, they are selling Resident Evil 3 remake since 2 days. Even though i'm not really interested in that game).

Also, in Belgium (and i suppose, most european countries) we have some kind of law that protects "fair business". For example, it means that the store can NEVER sell product at a lower price than the price they bought it. Because it would imply that bigger stores could attract the customers with a "highly demanded" product at a far too low price, and making a loss on that product. Smaller business could never make that kind of loss, which would make that an unfair business.

The same kind of rules also applies on "release date". If a store can get a proof that another store is selling a game before the release date, then they would be allowed to also sell the game earlier, because otherwise it would be unfair (a store sell the game and in can't, it means that the other store would have a "visibility advantage").

So yeah, usually, if one store begin to sell the game, you can be quite sure that the next day, every big physical store will sell it.

When FF15 came out, i went to the store and they said "yeah we have it, but we can't sell it". I showed them a proof that another store (in a neighbour country, but hey, it's europe :D) was already selling them. 30 minutes later (and after a discussion between the employee and the manager :p) i had my copy of FF15, like 10 days earlier if i remember correctly? But that's quite rare to have that kind of early release. Usually, it's more 3 to 5 days earlier than the release date.

ho, also, if you buy your game online, most of the stores won't send the game too early ;). So go the a physical store :D

22 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Because most companies give the resellers strong advice against early release. For example, if you are being caught selling a game earlier, square enix could decide not to sell their game to that store anymore. So most "big" stores will not always sell the game earlier, because not having "all the popular games" would be a disaster for them.

Smaller stores will sometimes sell them as soon as possible (and generally at a higher price). They just don't give you an invoice or anything, to avoid "being caught". A local store of mine is well known to do that, and if i really want a game, i know that most of the time, i'll be able to buy the game early (for example, they are selling Resident Evil 3 remake since 2 days. Even though i'm not really interested in that game).

Also, in Belgium (and i suppose, most european countries) we have some kind of law that protects "fair business". For example, it means that the store can NEVER sell product at a lower price than the price they bought it. Because it would imply that bigger stores could attract the customers with a "highly demanded" product at a far too low price, and making a loss on that product. Smaller business could never make that kind of loss, which would make that an unfair business.

The same kind of rules also applies on "release date". If a store can get a proof that another store is selling a game before the release date, then they would be allowed to also sell the game earlier, because otherwise it would be unfair (a store sell the game and in can't, it means that the other store would have a "visibility advantage").

So yeah, usually, if one store begin to sell the game, you can be quite sure that the next day, every big physical store will sell it.

When FF15 came out, i went to the store and they said "yeah we have it, but we can't sell it". I showed them a proof that another store (in a neighbour country, but hey, it's europe :D) was already selling them. 30 minutes later (and after a discussion between the employee and the manager :p) i had my copy of FF15, like 10 days earlier if i remember correctly? But that's quite rare to have that kind of early release. Usually, it's more 3 to 5 days earlier than the release date.

ho, also, if you buy your game online, most of the stores won't send the game too early ;). So go the a physical store :D

Here's that :D Thanks for the answer, mate. 

Just got a notification from EB Games Australia that my copy is arriving either on April 2 or April 3 Australia Time. Getting to play it 1 week before launch is really nice lol already cancelled my digital preorder. 

EDIT: It's coming this morning! 

Edited by PostGameBlues