Price of Playstation 4 games

Matthew_Banfield

Hi all,

The Game.co.uk website has been updated here in the UK. The prices of select gamers orders are now live instead of putting down a deposit like it previously showed.

Select game prices:

£59.99:

- CoD:Ghosts

- Watch Dogs

- AC:Black Flag

- Tom Clancy: The Division

- Just Dance 2014

£54.99:

- battlefield 4

- Fifa 14

- Star Wars battlefront

- UFC

- Madden NFL 25

- NBA Live 14

- Need for Peed: Rivals

These are the games currently showing as prices here in the UK, what are the prices where you are and what do you think of this amount?

My personal opinion is this is a little expensive. When you then add the price of an extra controller at £55 that leaves some of us with a little amount of cash left to buy games. For example I will only be able to afford a max of two games, meaning I could miss out in some cases.

Most of the prices listed here in Finland are 65-70 € (~ $87-94/£56-60), with exceptions like Just Dance 4 being lower. Depends on the store though. Sadly the prices for PS4 games did not stay the same (compared to PS3 prices) as they did in the US, but it's not a huge increase in price either.

They just went and fucked themselves. :) 

I remember an article a few weeks back from a ps4 dev talking about how horrified he was when he went to Gamestop,he was moaning that we should be buying are games new.

Normally I'd agree, you know buy the game new support the devs, but with this recent price hike? ooohhhh boy you can go and fuck yourself! ;) I'm buying all my games second hand from ebay so no one gets my money, (game stop is disgusting)

This just makes me angry to be honest, I feel like the UK is getting anally fisted by the games industry, the price hike is not needed, £40 is $60 so why the fuck are they raising it to £55?

As for the ps4 and xbox one, USA pays $399 for the ps4 before tax and $500 for the xbox one before tax, however the UK pays $500 for our ps4 and wheeey over $600 for our xbox ones.

Makes me wanna quit gaming or just go to PC to be honest, it's an absolute piss take, if that ps4 dev was mad and disgusted before, I can't wait to see what he says in a year or two. :) 

That's a good price. Of course the lower the better but... they need to make profit :P

They'll be making loads of profit now, you know, now that everyone is buying their games second hand because it's borderline price gouging xD Ok it's not not but it's still terrible.

• Like 1

Stupid prices, don't use high street retailers, they don't learn.

http://www.shopto.net/product/search/platform/ps4/menu/coming%20soon

i'm thinking of cancelling my ps4 preorder now and staying with the ps3 for a few more years.

Not like we have no games coming  GTA 5 & GT6

Yeah, but that's it. After that it'll just be watered down versions of next-gen games.

As mentioned above by Sly if you know where to buy you get it for somewhat reasonable prices, if I am buying brand new I buy from Play Asia and if used bidding on ebay (game is usually at least 3 months old).

Right now Battlefield 4 for ps4 and every ps4 game as matter of fact is pre-order price is £38.

http://www.play-asia.com/battlefield-4-paOS-13-49-en-70-6mwj.html

As mentioned above by Sly if you know where to buy you get it for somewhat reasonable prices, if I am buying brand new I buy from Play Asia and if used bidding on ebay (game is usually at least 3 months old).

Right now Battlefield 4 for ps4 and every ps4 game as matter of fact is pre-order price is £38.

http://www.play-asia.com/battlefield-4-paOS-13-49-en-70-6mwj.html

I've been shown this site before. The prices are amazing, but I'm worried about getting hit with a Customs charge. I've read that if you order the delivery by Airmail that it usually gets through okay. Can anyone confirm this?

You cant compare $ to £, its just impossible in so many ways... Its retail not exchange rates.

To my knowledge its not region locked, so buy in the US? Also they'll be 20-40% less expensive a month after launch on amazon.

The game may be region Free, but you may run into issue, where the DLC is restrict as a PSN Service (GT5, FFXIV, AC Revelations).

Another risk is the Customs tax, which luckily can be avoid by buying from Amazon.com.

Another risk is the Customs tax, which luckily can be avoid by buying from Amazon.com.

This and other taxes can be one of the many reasons games are cheaper in america in the first place

But amazon UK is usually cheap if you don't buy on launch in any case.

End of the day, people will complain, but still buy, like they do with DLC

This and other taxes can be one of the many reasons games are cheaper in america in the first place

But amazon UK is usually cheap if you don't buy on launch in any case.

End of the day, people will complain, but still buy, like they do with DLC

Actually Amazon.com is cheaper in many instance, if you don't mind waiting for order to arrive.

I've been shown this site before. The prices are amazing, but I'm worried about getting hit with a Customs charge. I've read that if you order the delivery by Airmail that it usually gets through okay. Can anyone confirm this?

Never had a problem with them there are 2 downsides however if you have a European account you cannot buy any DLC for the game and most importantly delivery, all the games I bought were US versions and the delivery depends on how much you want to pay standard delivery is basically free (£0.50p) and it takes 2 weeks however if you pre-order a game at least 1 month before you will get it in the first week of the release, if you don't have patience to wait you can pay £10 extra for 2-4 days Fedex delivery but at that point you may as well buy from a place like Amazon since you would only be saving around  £6.

Edited by DatLoli
  • Like 1

Never had a problem with them there are 2 downsides however if you have a European account you cannot buy any DLC for the game and most importantly delivery, all the games I bought were US versions and the delivery depends on how much you want to pay standard delivery is basically free (£0.50p) and it takes 2 weeks however if you pre-order a game at least 1 month before you will get it in the first week of the release, if you don't have patience to wait you can pay £10 extra for 2-4 days Fedex delivery but at that point you may as well buy from a place like Amazon since you would only be saving around  £6.

Hmm right okay, thank you. I'll probably only order games I don't want DLC on then. :)

Edited by Animated_JoeJoe