Controversy over paid New Game+ DLC

arcanehornet_

Yea it's downright pathetic, videogames have been going down the well these past few years.

I don't even want to imagine how new gen games will be. It'll basically be pay to X games like on mobile.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bosstristan said:

Yea it's downright pathetic, videogames have been going down the well...

Of course they have. The entire industry is a fucking mess. Full of lies, psychological manipulation and companies that follow not even the most basic ethical rules. Gambling (aka loot boxes) become "surprise mechanics". People with severe gambling issues are being ruthlessly exploited and called "whales".

But as long as millions of players still spend money on things that don't even exist yet (aka season passes), absolutely nothing will change.

I don't give a crap about the price of this DLC. It's about the shameless business practices! If you still don't understand this, well, then I'm afraid you're just plain stupid. And I feel sorry for you.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Santa said:

Grow up, kid. It's about having principles. You might understand once you're an adult. By the way: Don't use the word "hate". This has literally nothing to do with hate. 

Did you just learn the word principles? Quit going all high & mighty about not supporting massive Triple A companies but you’ll gladly play a bunch of EA published games & still act all superior because you aren’t giving them your money. Plus unless you’re finding Telltale games physically, you are giving the garbage company that pumped out several games a year.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

[...]but you’ll gladly play a bunch of EA published games & still act all superior because you aren’t giving them your money. Plus unless you’re finding Telltale games physically, you are giving the garbage company that pumped out several games a year.

It isn't about not playing their games but rather than not supporting them. Is it really that hard to understand, hm?
Oh, and the company you're referring to is called Ratalaika. Telltale didn't have gambling mechanics, scammy pre-orders or the likes in their games. And they eventually did go out of business, didn't they?

8 hours ago, Rix18 said:

Yeah, because normal people working for Konami deserve to be out of a job, just because of executives and higher ups decisions.

One cannot make an omelette without breaking eggs. Konami are pretty much running a mini police state within their company. So, yeah, applying for social welfare in a rich country like Japan is definitely better than getting mentally abused by your employer.

Do yourself an enormous favor and actually click on the links in this post. It seems that many of you have simply no idea what's really going on in the video games industry. Publishers are not your friends. They never have, they never will be.

Edited by Santa
typos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

And your principles are the only ones after all. If we aren’t just like you, we have none. It’s yours or none. Silly.

For me, yes. Only my principles rule because I only live my life and not the one of others. If you are fine with companies like Naughty Dog working their staff into mental breakdowns then you certainly don't give a shit about anything.

I find it kinda funny that so many people here are butthurt over someone pointing the finger at problems. What's wrong with you people? Stop living in a fantasy world! The video game industry is built upon false promises, lies, scammy business practices, manipulation, dehumanizing their customers and whatnot. That's the reality. EA, Sony, Nintendo and all the others don't give a shit about you. They never did. All they care about is money. ALL THE MONEY! And they will never ever stop. As long as you pre-order games, you're part of the problem. As long as you purchase vastly overpriced season passes before you even fucking know what's in it, you're part of the problem. As long as you naively believe that you actually own the stuff you purchase digitally, you're part of the problem. And as long as you keep shooting the messenger, things will only get worse.

Publishers only keep doing this because YOU entitle them to! If nobody would buy cheap plastic garbage made by Chinese slave labor they would simply not be made anymore. Every time you purchase a season pass you're giving those companies a thumbs up. You're voting with your wallet. It's that simple. Giving videos a dislike won't change anything. Posting angry comments on Twitter or Facebook won't change anything. Starting petitions WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING! Only NOT buying will actually change things.

• Like 4

Again, not buying the games only means they are more reliant on making up lost revenue with in-game transactions.  Backfire.

Employees have a choice where to work.  There are a handful of disgruntled employees at every company, never mind the training, experience, salary, or benefits they are receiving, they are going to be miserable wherever they work.  #EntitlementCulture.  But that does not fit the overly simplistic all corporations are bad and greedy rant.

Corporations can certainly have bad work environments and practices too and if they do, the better employees always move on to better opportunities.  

I do not like the micro-transaction practice but it is on the consumer as much as the company.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, majob said:

Video games have always been a product last I checked. 

Yes, but I was implying that games now are in majority made with the only aim to make as much profit as possible, forgetting how a game should be.

20 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I’m not here for it. 

You're here for belittling others on the basis of your ignorance. Yes, we can see that. Nothing new. Ad hominem work for you, right?

By the way, truckers, really? "I don't wanna talk about problem A. Here's problem B. Nah nah nah." He says, she says. We're all a happy fameelee. Tee-hee.

Since you're simply not made for a grown up debate: Enjoy your stay on my block list. You're not worthy of my attention. :)

Edited by Santa
  • Like 2

I thought at first yeah it does seem very greedy for them to charge NG+ as a DLC 7 yen.  But at least they did more than just giving the difficulties as they give out bit more costumes, able to craft your weapons to the newest highest level & even leveling up your characters to 99.  I was fine with it now since I already got all done with the game with all trophies including DLC & didn't regret the purchase of only 7 yen just for what should've been included from the start.  It could've been 980 yen!

11 minutes ago, ZeromusF4 said:

Do we know if its actually better than just a normal new game plus? Like extra content and stuff or are we just mad on principle?

That is what I am wondering myself. If there is a "NG+" like Nier Automata's Routes, it could be justified paying some extra money. However, I doubt it, otherwise why charge just 0.60 cents for it at launch? If it was filled with new content/loot/etc. they would have charged their standard fee from the get go.

59 minutes ago, majob said:

I hate to be the one who tells you but  the gaming industry has always been about profit. They're not making games to make you happy, they're doing it to make money, that's what business is

Of course profit is part of it. But whatever business you're in, you need to find the perfect balance between customer satisfaction and profit. If we're following your reasoning, gastronomical restaurants wouldn't exists, only fast foods.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Of course profit is part of it. But whatever business you're in, you need to find the perfect balance between customer satisfaction and profit. If we're following your reasoning, gastronomical restaurants wouldn't exists, only fast foods.

You're comparing two different markets for one, each filling in different needs. Resteraunts market atmosphere and above average, at the very least, food. You're buying an experience, not just food. Fast Food is about quickly getting something to eat when you don't want to or can't prepare your own food. Their marketing is cheap and fast ready made food. This is more in depth than "they both sell food" and game publishers are selling more "experiences", optional things you are compelled in no way to buy so I'd say buckle up because it's not going anywhere